How to delete a REPLY to a topic before I've hit the Submit Reply

Howdy Loreyemo22.gif 

For me on my laptop, I just backspace over the text to erase it.  Then use my browser's back <-- arrow in the upper right corner of my screen to go to whatever was my previous screen. 

Remember, you do have about 16 - 18 minutes to use the EdIt feature to edit a post if you have already clicked Submit Reply. When the time is up, the Edit feature disappears.

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Edited by Host Kat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny laptop keys!
  • Like 1

One can ignore the entry, just don't press Submit.

It can be difficult to delete a quote at the start of a reply. I've found that the easiest method is to navigate away from the thread. Upon return one can click in the reply edit area and click on the erase link.

12 hours ago, broberts said:

... It can be difficult to delete a quote at the start of a reply. I've found that the easiest method is to navigate away from the thread. Upon return one can click in the reply edit area and click on the erase link.

Again, backspace works for me. I can erase the whole block of a quote by placing my cursor under the block first or just edit a portion of the quote in the block as I did above. 

Remember, if you accidentally post any sort of personal information (real last name, home address, or phone number) you can ask for the post to be removed or edited. See the following from Cruise Critic Community Help Center:

Backspace doesn't work on my Android devices in Chrome. I have tried it numerous times on different devices. What does happen is the edit cursor enters the bottom of the quote block and subsequent taps erase the contents of the quote. Sadly, erasing the entire contents will not remove the block.

Edited by broberts

51 minutes ago, broberts said:

Backspace doesn't work on my Android devices in Chrome...

Good to know for others reading this thread! emo34.gif  

How things work or do not work according to device or browser being used really makes a difference nowadays