When will Caribbean itineraries for second half of 2021 be published?

marianoam

Hey there! I'm trying to reorganize a Caribbean cruise which was just canceled, but I can only see Caribbean itineraries for the first half of 2021. I know they normally stop in April and restart in October, but it seems that second batch has not been released yet for 2021. It's weird, because Carnival has already released those itineraries... Any thoughts?

Following "normal" deployment timeframe HAL should have released them in late June to early July of this year. HAL tends to be one of the last to release itineraries, especially the Caribbean.

With the recent announcement of the sale of 4 vessels and the cancellation of many fall 2020 to spring 2022 itineraries that had been announced for those vessels I think we may have a few more months to wait as they reasses the entire fleet deployment for 2021/2022.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am waiting for Summer 2021 Europe. We were looking at a July Nieuw Statendam cruise but the ship and all departures from Copenhagen seem to have disappeared. There are no sailings listed on NS for June. July or August. 

I am guessing they are moving people from the cancelled cruises to NS before they publish the itineraries? 

5 hours ago, Crew News said:

I asked my HAL PCC and she told me to expect Fall 2021 in mid-September.  Also changes being made for Alaska 2021 will be out soon.

I suspect Volendam will be pulled out of Alaska or placed on the 14 day itinerary vacated by Maasdam and they will only have the Kdam doing the 7 night r/t from Vancouver.  

4 minutes ago, Himself said:

Are the first half itineraries still a go as publisher long before the four week pause that is still ongoing?

Expect rolling cancellations and itinerary changes as they are able to start firming up a viable operational plan.  It will take 6-12 months to get all the ships back into service once they finally resume sailing.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

Waiting for January and February  2022  Caribbean itineraries. 

Like RCCL"s Star Trek theme charter originally set for March 2021 and recently rescheduled for 2022,  

HAL groups scheduled for early 2021 are trying to rebook for 2022.  But alas,  no cruises to look at.  🙂 

Expect rolling cancellations and itinerary changes as they are able to start firming up a viable operational plan.  It will take 6-12 months to get all the ships back into service once they finally resume sailing.

Wondering how you know that it will take 6-12 months to get all ships back into service?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

2 minutes ago, Sunchaser46 said:

Wondering how you know that it will take 6-12 months to get all ships back into service?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Arnold Donald CEO of Carnival Corp, parent corporation of HAL, has stated as much.  So have the CEO's of other major cruise conglomerates NCLH and RCG.  The start-up will be gradual and cautious, not everything all at once.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Boatdrill said:

Waiting for January and February  2022  Caribbean itineraries. 

Like RCCL"s Star Trek theme charter originally set for March 2021 and recently rescheduled for 2022,  

HAL groups scheduled for early 2021 are trying to rebook for 2022.  But alas,  no cruises to look at.  🙂 

I am most likely going to push my family and friends cruise we have booked for March 2021 to March 2022, patiently waiting For 2022 Caribbean cruises to be published as well.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This starts to be weird... Still no HAL's Caribbean itineraries published beyond April 2021.

On the other hand, Carnival has already released their itineraries for all 2021 (and 2022!) Caribbean cruises.

How are we supposed to spend our FCC if the itineraries are not released? Something's not right here...

1 hour ago, marianoam said:

This starts to be weird... Still no HAL's Caribbean itineraries published beyond April 2021.

On the other hand, Carnival has already released their itineraries for all 2021 (and 2022!) Caribbean cruises.

How are we supposed to spend our FCC if the itineraries are not released? Something's not right here...

Carnival is is booking through spring of 2023 actually. They are a different brand with a different market segment. It’s not unusual for their client base to book 15, 18, 24+ months out for a 3 or 4 day cruise and want to pay $25/month to pay it off.  Additionally far fewer of their ships change itineraries or home ports seasonally. Most operate the same itinerary pattern from the same port year after year after year, so easier to offer bookings further out.

By comparison most HAL Caribbean itineraries see very few bookings outside of 5-6 months prior to sailing, and even then the bulk of their Caribbean capacity sells within 120 days or less to departure.  HAL cruisers are more likely to make 1or 2 total payments.  There’s just not the imperative for HAL to release Caribbean sailings as far out as their competition. 

That said I think HAL are waiting to release Caribbean sailings until they get everything else in their portfolio settled. They just released some Sea of Cortez and Hawaii/Tahiti sailings on Zuiderdam for fall 2021 - spring 2022 last week that replace recent cancellations from the Volendam being redeployed.  There are still gaps in her schedule that I believe will eventually be filled in with full Panama Canal transits.  They are still working on reaccomodation of 2021 Grand South America guests to the 2022 Grand South America sailing (which has yet to be made publicly available).  They just made changes to Nieuw Statendam and Rotterdam summer 2021 Europe sailings, and the list goes on.

All indicators point to 4 ships being deployed for the full fall 2021 to spring 2022 Caribbean season - Rotterdam VII, Nieuw Statendam, Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam.  2 will most likely be used for 7 day Eastern/Western alternating cruises, 1 on 10&11 day Southern Caribbean sailings and 1 for 10/11 day partial Panama Canal Transits - all round trip Ft Lauderdale.  There maybe a few 10-14 day cruises on Zaandam/Volendam to fill gaps between other sailings in their schedules, but those are likely one offs. HAL is unlikely to return to Tampa for 2021/22.  This is a pretty standard and predictable schedule for HAL, so if you know what you are looking for look at what’s on the schedule for Winter/Spring 2021, know that fall 21 to spring 22 will likely be a cut and paste and just be patient, it will eventually be bookable

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Carnival is is booking through spring of 2023 actually. They are a different brand with a different market segment. It’s not unusual for their client base to book 15, 18, 24+ months out for a 3 or 4 day cruise and want to pay $25/month to pay it off.  Additionally far fewer of their ships change itineraries or home ports seasonally. Most operate the same itinerary pattern from the same port year after year after year, so easier to offer bookings further out.

By comparison most HAL Caribbean itineraries see very few bookings outside of 5-6 months prior to sailing, and even then the bulk of their Caribbean capacity sells within 120 days or less to departure.  HAL cruisers are more likely to make 1or 2 total payments.  There’s just not the imperative for HAL to release Caribbean sailings as far out as their competition. 

That said I think HAL are waiting to release Caribbean sailings until they get everything else in their portfolio settled. They just released some Sea of Cortez and Hawaii/Tahiti sailings on Zuiderdam for fall 2021 - spring 2022 last week that replace recent cancellations from the Volendam being redeployed.  There are still gaps in her schedule that I believe will eventually be filled in with full Panama Canal transits.  They are still working on reaccomodation of 2021 Grand South America guests to the 2022 Grand South America sailing (which has yet to be made publicly available).  They just made changes to Nieuw Statendam and Rotterdam summer 2021 Europe sailings, and the list goes on.

All indicators point to 4 ships being deployed for the full fall 2021 to spring 2022 Caribbean season - Rotterdam VII, Nieuw Statendam, Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam.  2 will most likely be used for 7 day Eastern/Western alternating cruises, 1 on 10&11 day Southern Caribbean sailings and 1 for 10/11 day partial Panama Canal Transits - all round trip Ft Lauderdale.  There maybe a few 10-14 day cruises on Zaandam/Volendam to fill gaps between other sailings in their schedules, but those are likely one offs. HAL is unlikely to return to Tampa for 2021/22.  This is a pretty standard and predictable schedule for HAL, so if you know what you are looking for look at what’s on the schedule for Winter/Spring 2021, know that fall 21 to spring 22 will likely be a cut and paste and just be patient, it will eventually be bookable

Great post, super clear. Thanks!

12 hours ago, marianoam said:

HAL doesn't normally operate in the Caribbean during the summer months. So, really, you are waiting for Winter 2021-22 schedules.

16 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

@marianoam I have been watching deployments from HAL carefully and when I see Caribbean posted will put a post on CruiseCritic. My VERY murky Crystal ball is telling me they will be out mid/late November in time for any Black Friday / Cyber week sales boost / promos. #watchthisspace

Excellent! Thanks!

Today I booked my Dec 2021 cruise to the Southern Caribbean on the ms Nieuw Rotterdam.  Itinerary isn't on the website yet but will be shortly.  I booked my cruise through the best cruise agent, Catherine Gau, directly at HAL after having to cancel my Nov 2021 cruise. 

Edited by PDXrae
ship name clarification

1 hour ago, PDXrae said:

Today I booked my Dec 2021 cruise to the Southern Caribbean on the ms Nieuw Rotterdam.  Itinerary isn't on the website yet but will be shortly.  I booked my cruise through the best cruise agent, Catherine Gau, directly at HAL after having to cancel my Nov 2021 cruise. 

Must only be bookable internally by HAL agents as it does not yest appear in the Travel Agent booking system (POLAR) or on the HAL website.  From your statement I'm assuming it's the Rotterdam VII on either a 10 or 11 night Southern Caribbean sailing, which would fit the pattern of them deploying their newest vessel on that route pattern the last few years.

FYI - There is no "Nieuw" in the name of the Rotterdam, she is merely Rotterdam (or Rotterdam VII if one wants to be technical).  The only ships with "Nieuw" officially in the name are Nieuw Statendam and Nieuw Amsterdam.