Resumption of Costa Cruises Announced For 2020

gerryuk

Costa have announced that their cruises will restart on September 6th. The Costa Deliziosa will sail from Trieste to the Greek islands on weekly voyages. All other ships will continue to be idle until 30th September at the earliest, there will be no sailings to Norther Europe.

WE WILL START WITH OUR CRUISES ON SEPTEMBER, 6!

It will be a gradual restart from our Italian ports

Costa Deliziosa will be the first ship in the fleet to start cruising again.

Starting from September 6, 2020 every week we will offer an unforgettable journey departing from Trieste, discovering authentic Greek islands.

For all other ships in the fleet we are unfortunately forced to extend the suspension of activities until September 30, 2020.

We know that in order to be a truly memorable vacation, a cruise must first and foremost be a pleasant and relaxing experience. This is why we have dedicated our utmost attention to the implementation of the rules, procedures and protocols with all the parties involved at international, national and local level. Stay tuned to find out more details about our restart!

YOUR CRUISE HAS BEEN CANCELLED?

FAQ

COSTA SAFETY PROTOCOL

GOODBYE COSTA VICTORIA AND COSTA NEOROMANTICA

As you may know, Costa Crociere is committed to the development of sustainable cruising through investments in responsible technologies.

With the arrival of Costa Smeralda (LNG powered), the next Costa Toscana (LNG powered) and Costa Firenze we reaffirmed our commitment to sustainability.

As a result of this renewal process, we recently announced the sale of Costa Victoria and Costa neoRomantica.

We regret to inform you that all cruises with Costa Victoria and Costa neoRomantica have been cancelled and will no longer be available. Do you have a confirmed booking? No worries, we are pleased to offer you an alternative option.

You can choose any cruise on another ship in our fleet of equal or shorter duration with departure till April 2022 taking advantage of a 10% discount calculated on the cruise fee of your new booking.

If this solution does not satisfy your needs, the amount already paid will be reimbursed without fees.

You will be contacted soon by our Contact Center or your Travel Agency for further details and to help you choose the best option.

Do you have a confirmed booking for one of the canceled cruises?

Due to the protracted emergency situation linked to the global Covid-19 pandemic and with the further introduction of containment measures (such as closing ports and restrictions on the movement of people who do not actually allow to operate), Costa Cruises has decided to extend the voluntary suspension of selected cruises until September 30, 2020 and to cancel cruises in Northern Europe.

Costa Cruises is taking steps to inform travel agents and customers affected by the changes, who will receive a voucher equivalent to what the Company has collected, as a form of greater guarantee for travelers.

Call our Cruise Experts at +39 010 4206099 or contact your Travel Agency for further information

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maryann2 said:

Thanks Jerry.

So I would imagine your Costa Diadema cruise to Dubai for mid September has been cancelled?

Yes, but no info from Costa. I am lucky, i only put £100 down on the cabin and was to pay the rest when my refund came through. I have waited to see if this would be cancelled and it looks like it has. I will take a look later at cruises next year and 2022 and will then decide, if to rebook.

I still have two transatlantics booked, one for the end of this year (doubt it will sail) and  the other next April from Rio, more hopeful on this.

Costa wants to start only with Italian guests. Details in the article in the previous post.

Does this mean that you will need to have Italian citizenship to book a cruise? What, for example, with foreigners living in Italy, and other EU countries citizens?

Edited by WorldTraveler151208

I received this email from Costa this morning. Good to see they have extended the rebooking until April 2022.

mail?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmailservice.dg01.it%2Fimgproxy%2Fimg%2F652125005%2Flogo%2Bcosta.jpg&t=1597408540&ymreqid=3cee12c5-d4b9-5cf5-2f63-ec000c01fc00&sig=pM8u2WtjJxnKO1vJa97HJA--~D

Genoa, August 14, 2020

Reservation number: xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Guest,

As you are no doubt aware, the Italian Government has authorized the resumption of cruise operations from August 15th. We are delighted with this decision and can't wait to get back to cruising with our Guests after an almost five-month break in our operations.

However, we know that the current situation requires a  gradual, not immediate, return to normality and we will be approaching this restart with a great sense of responsibility towards our guests and crew members, as well as the residents of the communities we visit with our ships. We want to ensure maximum safety and peace of mind for everyone, which is why we have devised a plan that will enable us to start cruising again safely and responsibly.

We have worked and are still working with all the authorities involved to monitor the overall epidemiological situation, in accordance with international, national and local institutions and our experts, in order to plan our restart cruises and new itineraries in detail and to ensure a rigorous, coordinated and complete application of health protocols to guarantee our guests the best cruising experience according to Costa's standards. Cruising with Costa should in fact be a relaxing, enjoyable and safe experience and our guests deserve the best conditions to ensure a memorable vacation.

Precisely to ensure the health and safety of all, and in accordance with the precautions required by the Italian State, we have taken the decision to start by introducing national cruises in Italy for the month of September that will be reserved for guests residing exclusively in Italy. This will allow us to develop the procedures and protocols, with a view to subsequently expanding our offer to other nationalities with new itineraries.

In view of the above, we are unfortunately sorry to inform you that we will have to cancel your reservation for the departure on the Costa Diadema scheduled for 25/09/2020. Obviously this is a difficult decision for us, but we are sure you will understand that we have taken it to ensure a gradual, safe and responsible recovery of operations, bearing in mind the epidemiological context and the need to be cautious in a situation that remains very delicate.

We are sure we can count on your understanding.

On behalf of all of us at Costa Cruises, we extend our sincere apologies for the disruption to our guests’ vacation plans and trust they understand this decision was made with everyone’s best interest at heart.

Since we’d love nothing more than to welcome you back just as soon as we resume operations, Since we’d love nothing more than to welcome them back just as soon as we resume operations, we will offer a voucher equal to the 100% of the price already paid for the cancelled cruise plus an on board credit of 200 £ per cabin for a cruise of 8 or more nights or 150 £ per cabin for cruises up to 7 nights.

These conditions will remain valid for bookings made within 18 months as of the day of release of this letter, and for departures no later than April 2022.

We can only conclude by assuring you that we are working every day to welcome you on board our ship very soon with the warmth and welcome that only our crew and Costa can offer.

Costa Cruises

1 hour ago, WorldTraveler151208 said:

Costa wants to start only with Italian guests. Details in the article in the previous post.

Does this mean that you will need to have Italian citizenship to book a cruise? What, for example, with foreigners living in Italy, and other EU countries citizens?

According to the letter Gerry received it is Italian residents only.

Costa have extended the rebooking until April 2022

we will have to cancel your reservation for the departure on the Costa Diadema scheduled for 25/09/2020.

we will offer a voucher equal to the 100% of the price already paid for the cancelled cruise plus an on board credit of 200 £ per cabin for a cruise of 8 or more nights or 150 £ per cabin for cruises up to 7 nights.

These conditions will remain valid for bookings made within 18 months as of the day of release of this letter, and for departures no later than April 2022.

What about cruises from Abu Dhabi and Dubai 19th and 23rd October? 

1 hour ago, drsel said:

What about cruises from Abu Dhabi and Dubai 19th and 23rd October? 

Wait and see. Just don't book flights / hotels until its guaranteed to sail. Looking at the email it seems that they are going to revamp their ships itinerary's. This looks to be subject to whatever ports will be guaranteed to be open.

Not sure if some or all the ports in the UEA are open or closed.

Odd I just spoke to Costa and they are now saying its avail to all EU inc UK however it will change if your country becomes a listed one (I presume they mean blacklisted), He also said the itinerary is as yet not fully confirmed.. I wouldnt book anything then till the very last minute.

If you are British / American or any other nationality and reside in Italy you can book, that's how i read it.
Maybe the first Cruise in September is only for Italian residents.
What about the 19th October & 23rd October round trip Cruises from Abu Dhabi to Dubai, Muscat and Doha and back to Abu Dhabi ? Surely there may be people from UAE and other Middle east countries boarding.

13 minutes ago, drsel said:

Maybe the first Cruise in September is only for Italian residents.
What about the 19th October & 23rd October round trip Cruises from Abu Dhabi to Dubai, Muscat and Doha and back to Abu Dhabi ? Surely there may be people from UAE and other Middle east countries boarding.

But are any or all of those ports open to cruise ships?, if there are then there will be a good chance that you might sail. 

Doubt, even in normal times that there will be many people from the UAE boarding a cruise ship that takes them round the UAE, although i could be wrong. 

But are any or all of those ports open to cruise ships?, if there are then there will be a good chance that you might sail. 

Doubt, even in normal times that there will be many people from the UAE boarding a cruise ship that takes them round the UAE, although i could be wrong. 

On our Celebrity Abu Dhabi round trip Cruise in 2016, which visited Muscat, Khasab and Dubai, I had seen only 3 arab families (6 adults and 6 to 8 kids) among the 2000 odd passengers

Don't you think that Costa would have confirmed with the UAE, Oman and Qatar port authorities about the ports being open late October 2020?

How can they confirm that those ports will be open in October? The  UK and other countries are adding countries to their restricted lists and removing other countries from those lists on a daily basis. You are going to have to wait nearer to the time.

• Like 1

I would trust sailing on a Costa ship in 2020, in terms of COVID-19, since it is Italy Flag. 🙂 Same with the P&O ship that is UK Flag. 🙂 Both countries are NATO allies, and each has a strong Navy.

The ones from other companies that do Flags of Convenience, not so much.... 😮

Edited by neutrino78x
fixing comma placement