TUI CONSIDERS DISPOSALS.

Well that would mean abandoning the british/irish market entirely. Tui's present fleet are all 'new' ships with the exception of Mein Schiff Herz which was going to be the original Explorer 2 so they may consider getting rid of the old ones first.

Personally It would be sad but not catastrophic as I had already decided to give up flying before the pandemic and with no more UK based cruises Marella did not figure in my future cruising plans.

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

Well that would mean abandoning the british/irish market entirely. Tui's present fleet are all 'new' ships with the exception of Mein Schiff Herz which was going to be the original Explorer 2 so they may consider getting rid of the old ones first.

Personally It would be sad but not catastrophic as I had already decided to give up flying before the pandemic and with no more UK based cruises Marella did not figure in my future cruising plans.

Yes its sad Dave but fortunately we have experienced the good times feel for the youngsters that will miss out but they will find something to fill the slot. However I do think Tui will realise they have an excellent model and will adjust to cruising from UK ports I for one would certainly reconsider cruising if they do. 

On another Social media page I saw a post from a TUI employee that they had been to the Marella ships in Weymouth concerning planning for upcoming docking periods with consulting on improvements and developing the product. I hope that this is a good signal that TUI intend to keep Marella Cruises 🙂

Edited by bishop84

I understand that this was taken out of context. My understanding is that they might sell the ships to TUI Cruises - the joint venture between Royal Caribbean and TUI. They did the same with Hapag Lloyd I think?