Favorite beach which you sailed to?

George C

1 hour ago, George C said:

Favorite beach

mine is trunk bay beach in St John first visit was 1979 and at the time very few visitors , been there many times since.

+1.  Trunk Bay is #1 on my list.

Honorable mention go to Lac Bay in Bonaire, and the Baths on Virgin Gorda.

Edited by Aquahound

Favorites:  Trunk Bay on St. John's, USVI  

HAL's Half Moon Cay with the "I Could Stay Here Forever" Bar that overlooks the 

beach and the ocean being my favorite spot on the island.

MSC's new Ocean Cay:  When this island port is totally developed, it will rival--if  

not exceed-- the best private island port call of any of the other cruise lines, in 

opinion.

Honolulu's Waikiki Beach

So many choices!  I will say that if I was impressed by a beach in the Caribbean, I made sure that we would return to a resort on that beach for a land vacation. 

We've done this in Cayman 7 mile beach,  Roatan Tabayana Beach, MoBay Jamaica Doctor Caves Beach, St

Thomas several beaches, Playa del Carmen several resorts on Playacar beach, St Kitts Marriott, St Lucia

LeSport, Sint Maarten Orient Beach Alamanda resort, Barbados gold coast, and Grenada Gran Anse & Pink

Gin beaches LaSource resort.

Many of my early solo cruises where scouting trips to locate such places to return for lengthier couples stays.

Edited by evandbob

For us the easy answer is a place known as "Shipwreck Beach" or Navagio Beach which is an isolated (only accessible by small boat) beach on the Greek Island of Zakynthos (Ionian Islands).  No large or even small cruise ship goes to this island or beach but it was on a cruise that we got to this place by jumping off the bow and swimming in to the sand.  The cruise line was called Zeus Cruises (now part of Variety Cruises) and we were on a boat (Sea Crown) that had 20 passengers.  Pictures of this beach have graced the covers of some travel and yachting magazines.

Hank

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

Favorites:  Trunk Bay on St. John's, USVI  

HAL's Half Moon Cay with the "I Could Stay Here Forever" Bar that overlooks the 

beach and the ocean being my favorite spot on the island.

MSC's new Ocean Cay:  When this island port is totally developed, it will rival--if  

not exceed-- the best private island port call of any of the other cruise lines, in 

opinion.

Honolulu's Waikiki Beach

Totally forgot about all the private island , like all of the ones mentioned above. 

Yep...that was the most AWESOME beach...the water was SO clear, you could hardly see it...it was "body temp", so you didn't really "feel" it...there there you are....in the water, buoyant.....

I've lived all my life near beaches..and it truly is "one of a kind".

I've sailed on umpteen cruises in the Caribbean, as well as (I think) 13 Med cruises, 1 Baltics cruise and 1 to SE Asia -- and I can't remember visiting a beach at any of them except for one private island when my son was young, and that was no big deal. We just aren't beach people.

I guess the closest I've come in recent past (still maybe 7-8 years ago) was Koh Samui in Thailand -- only visited it to walk across and get a few photos of the ship. However, it was lovely, as beaches go.

10 hours ago, BSR said:

Bora Bora and Mo'orea 

We weren't on a cruise, but we stayed on both Bora Bora and Moorea in overwater bungalows twice about 5 years apart.  The lagoon on each was absolutely amazing, we could snorkel right off the raft of our unit, and could see through the glass floor at night all the way down to the bottom.

Best beach we saw there was on a secluded motu.  When asked about our best travel adventure we reply without hesitation: Tahiti and her islands.

3 hours ago, evandbob said:

We weren't on a cruise, but we stayed on both Bora Bora and Moorea in overwater bungalows twice about 5 years apart.  The lagoon on each was absolutely amazing, we could snorkel right off the raft of our unit, and could see through the glass floor at night all the way down to the bottom.

Best beach we saw there was on a secluded motu.  When asked about our best travel adventure we reply without hesitation: Tahiti and her islands.

I always waned to stay in a OWB.  We been to a few motu's in the FP and they were awesome.  Hope to get back their someday.