MSC Grandiosa Cruises Again!!!!!

alija1960

39 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes, 70% capacity, temperature checks every day amongst other things.

31 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Let's hope it is a successful cruise.

Yes let's hope its a success and they don't run out of batteries for the daily temp checks, and have to revert to rectal thermometers.😝

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Not really a cruise in the the true sense of the word.

Excuse my scepticism,  but isn't it the case that MSC is an Italian company, with connections to various interests in the Italian government?

I can't say any more,  as someone is knocking at my doo....... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I understand from various reports that  the 70% capacity will be achieved by picking up more passengers at Civitavecchia, Naples and Palermo. 

This seems like a high risk enterprise to start off with, without adding more passengers to the soup at each port. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

And I'll send you a home-made scone with a file in it. Probably best to eat the file and chisel your way out with the scone.😂

If you follow JM's recipe, he'll be able to put his head on it and have a snooze  inbetween interrogations. 😉

Avril

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

If you follow JM's recipe, he'll be able to put his head on it and have a snooze  inbetween interrogations. 😉

Avril

I wish I shared your touching faith in my scone-making abilities. The recipe I currently use is a BBC one that has been awarded 5 stars by 1,023 enthusiastic scone-makers, but still I manage to produce weapons of mass destruction.😄

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I understand from various reports that  the 70% capacity will be achieved by picking up more passengers at Civitavecchia, Naples and Palermo. 

This seems like a high risk enterprise to start off with, without adding more passengers to the soup at each port. 

I think this is normal for MSC though, a bit like how Marella operate in the Canaries, boarding in both Tenerife and Gran Canaria.

You could argue that it will be safer as pax are not travelling from various different places to board en-masse in one port?

46 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

I wish I shared your touching faith in my scone-making abilities. The recipe I currently use is a BBC one that has been awarded 5 stars by 1,023 enthusiastic scone-makers, but still I manage to produce weapons of mass destruction.😄

Never say never Annie. My scones weren't much better and the only time they were remotely edible was while they were still warm. Left-overs were used to pave the garden. 😂

Avril

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Bye wowzz. I'll send you a cake with a file in it😁

Avril

He will need more than that .

Wowzz is at home today, baking.

Lets hope police have a look in the oven and find him.:classic_ohmy:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Britboys said:

I think this is normal for MSC though, a bit like how Marella operate in the Canaries, boarding in both Tenerife and Gran Canaria.

You could argue that it will be safer as pax are not travelling from various different places to board en-masse in one port?

I’m not sure - it just seems a bit risky to be constantly adding 500/1000 new people to the mix, especially as Italy’s COVID cases are starting to go up. Incidentally, the only non Italian port is Malta... where cases are also beginning to rise.

i really want MSC to succeed, but it’s like walking a knife edge. One slip up would be very painful to the cruising industry 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kalos said:

He will need more than that .

Wowzz is at home today, baking.

Lets hope police have a look in the oven and find him.:classic_ohmy:

I think he is off looking at handbags after looking at the Azzura thread.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I’m not sure - it just seems a bit risky to be constantly adding 500/1000 new people to the mix, especially as Italy’s COVID cases are starting to go up. Incidentally, the only non Italian port is Malta... where cases are also beginning to rise.

i really want MSC to succeed, but it’s like walking a knife edge. One slip up would be very painful to the cruising industry 

Since cruisers tend to be more elderly, then I would think that they will carry a much lower risk of having the infection than the normal Magaluf crowd.

7 hours ago, Britboys said:

RCL passengers embarked in Barcelona and in Civittavechia during 7 night cruises.

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Bets now being taken. Will it be a Radley or a Kipling's?☺️

Avril

I seem to recall that on an earlier thread he was singing the praises of Michael Koors. I think that was him,🤔