1st Mediterranean Cruise in 5 months - MSC Grandiosa

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2020 at 6:53 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Now that several countries are having higher cases of covid on a daily basis and most talking or already doing new restrictions and lockdowns will be interesting to see if tui msc and costa continue to do their weekly sailings.

Take a look at the real numbers,  not just the so called "new infections"  Recovery rates are steady or increasing with 96% or higher recovering.  Death rates are extremely low,  less than 1% in most places, and some are as low as .04 percent. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

21,000 new infections yesterday,  rioting in at least two port cities, Naples and Rome.  More and more curfews,  several EU countries have declared Italy a high-risk area.  IMHO MSC will stop cruising in the near future.  The risk is just too high.

1 hour ago, crazyank said:

IMHO MSC will stop cruising in the near future.  The risk is just too high.

The thing is, if you look at the numbers (virtually no cases reported on mainline ships), the testing to get on board (100%), the protections/mitigations on board (probably better than off ship), you might be safer on a cruise than on land in some places in Italy.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The thing is, if you look at the numbers (virtually no cases reported on mainline ships), the testing to get on board (100%), the protections/mitigations on board (probably better than off ship), you might be safer on a cruise than on land in some places in Italy.

I agree.  The problem is NOT the conditions on board.  The problem is the restrictions put in place by governments. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2020 at 6:44 AM, ipeeinthepool said:

At the very beginning of this video, there was something that appeared to be a "pay elevator".  I've never seen or heard anything about "pay elevators".  Is that what I saw and are those common in Europe?

Yep, I’ve seen pay elevators in a number of Med countries. These were not in buildings but allowed you to bypass hiking up a steep hill. Sometimes you have to pay going up, but it’s free going down.