Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

Inaugural sailing seems to be 17 Aug 2022.

17 Aug 2022 (10 nights)

Amsterdam to Reykjavik

27 Aug 2022 (7 nights)

Reykjavik to Amsterdam

03 Sep 2022 (10 nights)

Baltic: Amsterdam to Copenhagen

13 Sep 2022 (10 nights)

Copenhagen to Southampton

After that it is the transatlantic voyage.

Edited by Cruise Wonderland
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

17 Aug 2022 (10 nights)

Amsterdam to Reykjavik

27 Aug 2022 (7 nights)

Reykjavik to Amsterdam

03 Sep 2022 (10 nights)

13 Sep 2022 (10 nights)

A bit later starting than I’d hoped. Only the inaugural would work for us. Just need to wait to see the itinerary and prices and then we should be able to make our plans for the next couple of years.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

17 Aug 2022 (10 nights)

Amsterdam to Reykjavik

27 Aug 2022 (7 nights)

Reykjavik to Amsterdam

03 Sep 2022 (10 nights)

13 Sep 2022 (10 nights)

Do you have the Baltic itinerary from 03 Sep 2022?

Where is the Racetrack and Octopus looking item on the Encore!! Looks like a nice version of something like MSC. 

In all seriousness, where is the money coming from with all the debt and missed revenue? Shouldn't they be worried about making their customers whole as opposed to obtaining more fleet. No guarantee on 2022 either. 

2 hours ago, Addicted2Ships said:

I've requested my PCC put a hold on a balcony/solo balcony, (if they exist) before I speak to him on Wednesday at 5:30pm UK/12:30 ET. 

I NEED to get on this itinerary! I know it may change but it looks so inviting!

Thanks so much for posting the full details.

Many thanks also, @FreestyleNovice for starting the thread. I've been following along since the Bliss thread, and went back to enjoy the Escape one.

@Steff79, your info has always got me excited too.

You guys are awesome!

Andy 🙂

Oh gosh, thanks for the reminder. I'm going to ask my travel agent to put a cabin on hold for the first transatlantic. I just wish I knew what cabin types will be available! Maybe I'd better give her a prioritized list: solo balcony if it exists; whatever other kind of solo cabin exists, if any; port-side balcony.

Or heck, I might just request a regular inside. It's not like I'm going to spend much time in the cabin - not with a completely new ship class to explore.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, HowardK said:

Where is the Racetrack and Octopus looking item on the Encore!! Looks like a nice version of something like MSC. 

In all seriousness, where is the money coming from with all the debt and missed revenue? Shouldn't they be worried about making their customers whole as opposed to obtaining more fleet. No guarantee on 2022 either. 

I think this is just what NCL needs after an unprecedented amount of downtime and uncertainty. 

I know lots of us are excited to get booked on this new class of ship. I certainly am!

Edited by Addicted2Ships
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

So your guess on "Norwegian Prima" is probably correct.

Also, you get almost full marks on the above port schedules. The only wrong one is Kirkwall.

13.09.2022: Copenhagen

14.09.2022: Oslo

15.09.2022: Kristiansand

16.09.2022: Bergen

17.09.2022: Geiranger

18.09.2022: Alesund

19.09.2022: at sea

20.09.2022: Amsterdam

21.09.2022: Zeebrugge

22.09.2022: Le Havre

23.09.2022: Southampton

I really like that one! I may wind up doing that one rather than the transatlantic.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

17th August

Amsterdam, Zeebrugge, Bergen, Geiranger, Maloy, Akureyri, Isafjordur, Reykjavik (overnight)

27th August

Reykjavik, Isafjordur, Akureyri, Olden, Skjolden, Amsterdam

Thanks.

That itinerary for the 17th looks better than I thought it would be. I think we will likely be there.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 4:14 AM, Cruise Wonderland said:

"NORWEGIAN PRIMA" is likely to be the final answer. Hope my source is correct.

On 4/16/2021 at 1:23 PM, Cruise Wonderland said:

Yes you're right. 2 years ago I posted these names first. 😉

But today I heard that "Prima" will be the winning one. We will know if this is true after 5 days.

Counting down the days...! :classic_wacko:

On 4/16/2021 at 6:04 PM, steamboats said:

Prima, Aura, Luna and Bella are names of AIDA ships.

So this won´t be a wise thing even when AIDA does not object.

The people will mix it up.

steamboats

My thoughts at first too.. 

23 hours ago, kenns said:

That name is surely a departure from all the other ship names. I bet this is part of FDR's strategy of "upgrading" the public's perception of NCL and therefore can justify the higher prices across the board. 

Personally, I am not a fan. It makes me think of an Italian cruise line like Costa or the AIDA ships. But, any news is good news I guess, at this point

Ditto! 

14 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

The new class is known as "Project Leonardo" or "Leonardo Class". Since "Leonardo" comes from an Italian word, is this the reason why they choose "Prima" as the ship's name, instead of an English word?

Anyway, let's finish the discussion on the ship's name. I will try my best to find out more details about the itineraries over the weekend.

Had to catch up with the name thing, I feel more for an English name I think! More catchy. It took off on the cruising social media too @Cruise Wonderland:classic_biggrin:

Let's wait and see indeed! And very nice work on the ports of call! NCL: We are ready for some news on this ship!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CoffeeGoddess said:

I really like that one! I may wind up doing that one rather than the transatlantic.

I really like that one too.  Wondering if I can manage that and the TA.  Might have to book both and see what happens with my TA in November.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seany527 said:

When was the last time NCL made the statement that itineraries would be released on the 21st?

Its 2 days away now and crickets. 

They only said that once during the March agent webinar.

And when I asked them last week, they still said it will be 21st April.

• Like 1

if i look insta for some pics there are many pics of virginfanpage, if you look for the virgin ships you find many.

we have only some crane pics with a peace of Leo 😉  ( but thanks to all who find them and took them, should not sound bad )

I hope NCL starts with opening booking a better marketing with more pics ( sadly fincantieri has no webcam, but there should be a cam, here is a video of a HAL ship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43jKgY9x9OU

)

Edited by Steff79

2 hours ago, Seany527 said:

When was the last time NCL made the statement that itineraries would be released on the 21st?

Its 2 days away now and crickets. 

My PCC said they have deliberately delayed the big Leo1/Prima fanfare to distance it from the recent cancellations/phased return/SailSAFE announcement.

Odd to throw the info out on one day for people to scrabble around, but that was the comment I was given. 

Let's hope when the detail comes on Wednesday, there is a fair bit of it and we're not drip fed little bits across several days/weeks/months!

Edited by Addicted2Ships
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Yes I think so. I don't expect the general public can book these mini cruises (based on the experience of previous NCL new ships).

Some of them have been available to customers in the UK at least. You had to be invited. A number of us had one nighters on the Getaway and Escape this way.

I don’t think they have done it since then though, and it is probably less likely here as European customers will have a few opportunities to try full cruises before the transatlantics.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 2