Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

1 hour ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Three or four?

890868173_Screenshot11.thumb.png.7b80d7095fa267aaa6b3577bfa01e148.png

SEASIDE has four ... including one glass enclosed and one for the Yacht Club.   SCARLET LADY has one ... it's pitiful.  I'm hoping for 4, since one will probably be for The Haven, leaving 3 for everyone else.  

2 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

They never went with that since Epic. And we have seen before that renders are blanked out in this way to conceal features like slides, tracks, etc.

I doubt it, however it would be cool!

BTW, on MSC SEASIDE the main pool has a moveable floor that raises up making a dance floor ... similar to that on EPIC but much larger.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, eroller said:

SEASIDE has four ... including one glass enclosed and one for the Yacht Club.   SCARLET LADY has one ... it's pitiful.  I'm hoping for 4, since one will probably be for The Haven, leaving 3 for everyone else.  

Or another gone for Vibe, which has been expanding all the time..

Let's hope for a decent Spice H2O!

1 hour ago, FreestyleNovice said:

55 minutes ago, ondray2023 said:

I missed Spice H2O on the Encore. It would be great to see it return on Leonardo I!

When Spirit underwent the major drydock earlier this year she gained new Spice H2O - it's great - best one on all NCL ships that have Spice H2O. One issue here, the pool water goes up to waist and it was never filled up throughout our Feb cruise.

IMG_6241.JPG

IMG_6232.JPG

• Like 5

10 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Could be, but in a post-COVID environment NCL might be rethinking the prospect of forcing people to pay more for space.  We shall see.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, eroller said:

Could be, but in a post-COVID environment NCL might be rethinking the prospect of forcing people to pay more for space.  We shall see.  

Did the new enlarged Vibe area on the Encore sell out of passes?

if not, anyone know what % were sold?

I've really been looking forward to the Leonardo class ships so all the info you share here is wonderful. Thanks again, FreestyleNovice, for taking the time to share the information you dig up.  

Some day..... I hope I'll be lucky enough to cruise on this class ship too.  

Cheers 🥂

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cruz3r4life said:

Has anyone heard if the Leonardo ships will have studio cabins?   

Nothing announced yet, unless the keel laying ceremony will be first, my guess is that the deck plans and thus cabin info will come shortly IF Norwegian wants to sell some rooms...

Until 2022 is a long time....

for every new ship they sells rooms when in building or before. 

My Aida nova cruise was canceled because of building delay without COVID-19. Can happen. 

in the last interview Sommer sayd Leonardo will come in time. And if there is some month later then planned at first who cares. 

I’m excited about the Leonardo class. Even more fun to talk about the ship then everyday about COVID-19. 

and if ncl not going bankrupt the ship will come. 

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 1

I really wish NCL hyped up their new ships more like Carnival. They do site visits, have the complete plans out early, and then do photos and walk through videos as the ship nears completion. NCL just eeks things out and you have to wait for people to actually be on the ship for a full reveal. Thankfully we have people like Freestyle who search and find things for everybody. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

https://cruiseradio.net/norwegian-cruise-exec-on-return-to-sailing-new-ship-more/

that is  the Link about what Sommer said:

Despite delays at the yard, he said they expect the unnamed vessel – the first in their new Leonardo line — to be delivered essentially on time in 2022.

the first name will not be Leonardo.

here are some names what NCL has saved ( that means not that they use one of them /  someone posted them in a german board at spring this year  )

Norwegian Aura ( not sure if this name is up to date,) Norwegian Aqua", "Norwegian Bella", "Norwegian Luna", "Norwegian Ombra", "Norwegian Prima", "Norwegian Ultima", "Norwegian Vela" and "Norwegian Viva"

If they want to Name a ship Prima that would be the first ship. But i don´t like Prima. Names Sounds italien, maby more Italien Style for NCL?

Aura, Bella, Luna, Prima are Names Aida has at the moment for Ships of them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

So.........Does anyone have any ideas for hull art? After Encore, anything is possible.

Weird I suppose but the Hull art of Joy is 1 of my favourite.... next is Getaway. 

The first Leonardo, who knows... something related to Leonardo da Vinci  ... Mona Lisa? 

NOT!! 

But, who knows. We can only hope.... 🙂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Weird I suppose but the Hull art of Joy is 1 of my favourite.... next is Getaway. 

The first Leonardo, who knows... something related to Leonardo da Vinci  ... Mona Lisa? 

NOT!! 

But, who knows. We can only hope.... 🙂

Since Leonardo is the code name, maybe when it get's closer it will be named completely differently and that will point us to what the art will be.  I like most of them, so I trust it will be nice.

• Like 1

New restaurants and entertainment concepts?  Love Onda on Encore.  What might we see for Leonardo's first ship?

From the link Steff provided us, I found it interesting that Sommer said:

The ship will represent a whole new look for Norwegian. “We used a completely different decor,” he previewed. “I thought the Encore was beautiful. I think Joy and Bliss are beautiful. This ship is just off-the-charts fantastic!”

He added that the ship will see new restaurants and entertainment concepts, and that more details would be released in early 2021.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CoffeeGoddess said:

I really wish NCL hyped up their new ships more like Carnival. They do site visits, have the complete plans out early, and then do photos and walk through videos as the ship nears completion. NCL just eeks things out and you have to wait for people to actually be on the ship for a full reveal. Thankfully we have people like Freestyle who search and find things for everybody. 

Carnaval.. made.. a job.. of.. of.. my hobby? :classic_blink: :classic_love:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1