Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

Hello friends! It's been a while.. and eh, 2020 did not start very well for the golden era of cruising. :classic_mellow: Hopefully all of you are okay and thoughts and prayers for those who are challenged in these tough times.

And as we all quietly or anxiously await any positive news about our shared passion, cruising.. and with almost no news about Leonardo class I still had to start a Live! thread!

Because, I present you... the first inside render of Leonardo! (hopefully it's right, it sure looks like an end product and not the artist gone wilde render stuff and plus all the other links containing this photos seems to be poofed away..:classic_biggrin:)

My guess is that this is the Atrium, we can see a bar or Guest Relations/Shorex desk, perhaps there's an internet pc there on that table. There's an elevator bank on the lower right corner, etc.

26b49519.jpg

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, shof515 said:

it looks very very different, something you dont see on a NCL ship

Here's the source; https://www.cgarchitect.com/images/26b49519  (March/April 2019). I can imagine NCL going for the more contemporary look and feel, their pricing already is at that premium level. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

With the outside to Leonardo class being totally different, I would expect they are going for a different vibe inside too.   I'm  also intrigued by what they will do with all of that lower (deck 7?) outside deck space.  

I really need this thread now.  Thanks for starting it☺️

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GA Dave said:

The thing I like most is the slightly smaller size of Leonardo vs BA/BA+ and all that deck space.

-Leonardo render-

Don't forget about that aft infinity pool, some slides, forward pool etc which are taken out of the render. But the wider board walk seems very promising yeah! :classic_cool:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Hello friends! It's been a while.. and eh, 2020 did not start very well for the golden era of cruising. :classic_mellow: Hopefully all of you are okay and thoughts and prayers for those who are challenged in these tough times.

And as we all quietly or anxiously await any positive news about our shared passion, cruising.. and with almost no news about Leonardo class I still had to start a Live! thread!

Because, I present you... the first inside render of Leonardo! (hopefully it's right, it sure looks like an end product and not the artist gone wilde render stuff and plus all the other links containing this photos seems to be poofed away..:classic_biggrin:)

My guess is that this is the Atrium, we can see a bar or Guest Relations/Shorex desk, perhaps there's an internet pc there on that table. There's an elevator bank on the lower right corner, etc.

26b49519.jpg

Thanks so much for the rendering!  Looks very high end, and definitely not mass-market.  I agree this is more the direction NCL is trying to achieve.  The ship will be smaller too, and I hope the entire ship follows this high-end trend.  I would love to see something more sophisticated and adult-oriented, perhaps without all the attractions on the upper outer decks.  I'm not saying all of NCL should offer that, but a choice of ships would be great.  People can pick what appeals to them.  Looking forward to more and I have very high hopes for the Leonardo Class!  I'm so over the Breakaway/Breakaway Plus Class.  Time to move on.     

• Like 6

Yes, a new everything thread. Thank you. 

Harry  Sommer Said at a Interview the inside look will be total different to the other ncl ships. 

The company from what the rendering is design Cruise ships and for ncl encore the restaurant  onda for example. 

with the big outside areas the question will be what is it included and what to pay extra or haven only.? And my hope is no race track or something like that. 

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 7

If NCL is clever they try to have one or more ships for every possible type of passenger. They currently do have big ships with a lot of entertainment options,designed for the mass market, they do have small ships with not much entertainment but more classical cruise flair.(and still the free style) So what is now missing is something in between. A rather big ship but with not that much entertainment but much more th classical cruise flair, on a rather high level.

And from all what i heard and seen so far , the leonardo class seems to become exactly that kind of ship class.

Edited by CruiseMH
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

26b49519.jpg

thx!

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 1

Ask and you shall receive!

101063916_563814787609532_5685390323494044236_n.jpg

how do you have access to the live pics?
thought you worked for the German shipyard but the Ninja Turtle class ships are being built in Italy?

Do you work for NCL?

and will this ship go through the old Panama Locks or the new one?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CruiseMH said:

They currently do have big ships with a lot of entertainment options,designed for the mass market...

NCL is falling behind in the "big ships" race. Several lines are going larger than NCL's largest while also going smaller than NCL's largest. By the time that the Leonardo Class is done, Encore wont even be in the top 30 as far as size/gross tonnage.

NCLH should do a better job of exposing Oceania and Regent SS to Haven guests. Let Haven guests who don't want/need go-karts and slides know about the higher-end lines and even let Haven guests book those lines from the Haven desk.

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Like 2

Thank you for starting this.  It is exciting to talk about new ships especially when there are no cruises running.  I love the photo of the atrium.  My biggest peeve of the last several NCL ships is the atrium.  This looks like no shows will be going on and will be a traditional lobby.  I love new concepts.  As much as I love Epic, every ship built after Epic has the Exact atrium.  They beat that dead horse to the ground.

So glad to hear NCL is moving forward on these ships.

• Like 5

Someone posted a link here, in a other thread,  from cruiseradio or something with Harry Sommer. He said there That the Leonardo will have a new inside design and new entertainment concept. We will see....

Edited by Steff79
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

26b49519.jpg

I like it. Sophisticated, modern and easy on the eyes neutral color(s). As long as they don't put one of these in there like the Encore:

Inside Look: The Brand-New Norwegian Encore Arrives to the U.S. ...

What you're looking at:

block.jpg

There's that strange looking bow again, just like the Celebrity Edge, Celebrity Apex and Scarlet Lady. Anybody know why new ships are going with this bow design? Hydrodynamics?

32 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Thank you for starting this.  It is exciting to talk about new ships especially when there are no cruises running.  I love the photo of the atrium.  My biggest peeve of the last several NCL ships is the atrium.  This looks like no shows will be going on and will be a traditional lobby.  I love new concepts.  As much as I love Epic, every ship built after Epic has the Exact atrium.  They beat that dead horse to the ground.

So glad to hear NCL is moving forward on these ships.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't pollute the atrium and put a Jumbotron in there!  They couldn't resist with the refit of NORWEIGAN SPIRIT and otherwise the ship looks amazing, and very adult-oriented.  I would sail on SPIRIT in a heartbeat.  

• Like 11