Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

15 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Wonder if the PRIMA will see action in the Pacific and therefore be able to transit the Panama Canal ?

The width of the deck structure looks to be suspect even for the new wider canal.

More images of the decks and staterooms at NCL.com

I doubt Panama Canal will be available anytime soon considering how many different countries it passes. 

Interesting looking at the available rooms for the first cruise. I had noticed that the forward facing club balcony suites were showing as sold out at times yesterday, but there are only a few of them. Some came available occasionally, I assume as the system held and released them for people looking online.

Anyway, as of today the entire club balcony suite category is showing as sold out.

I know that this isn’t necessarily a reflection of reality as there may be blocks being held, but it is still very early for an entire category to show as sold.

Im glad I booked straight away yesterday when I had my choice of them all. We nearly waited until after work by which time it would likely have been too late for that cabin type (or at least a decent choice).

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 2

The reference I was making in that I believe one of the NCL ships (EPIC) has its life boats hanging

outboard from the ship and has a conflict with the dimensions of the canal even the new wider canal.

But not of immediate concern - cruising has yet to resume in North America.

With 6 ships planned in the PRIMA class - certainly one will be deployed to the Pacific be it a

coastal North America - Alaska or something Australia New Zealand Japan.

Side note got my weekly ration of NCL literature in the mail - Free this Free that -

All in One - Book this cruise and boo-coo points perks bennies - Just like a WISH BOOK. 

45 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

This looks like a great ship to sail the Caribbean.  However, sailing in Iceland, wouldn't it be too cool to enjoy some of the features like the Infinity pools?

That was our thought as well. It has a lot of great itineraries but not many that appeal to us with that ship design to really enjoy all that outdoor space. Looks great for Caribbean and Bahamas though!

14 hours ago, disneykins said:

I think you're right, the aft area does look more like a dining are. I wonder if the aft pool at the top of the ship will be Haven.

Yes, the aft pool area at top is Haven.  The lower deck, Boulevard??, aft section appears to be public.

This is what we have been waiting for especially since cruising again is on the horizon.  Even though these are just photos and renderings, its still like getting the JC Penney Christmas catalog when you were 9.  It seems the cabins are larger.  Love that.  Love NCL finally made the Haven area aft and finally has a roof top pool and the Haven lounge is partially outside.  The Haven is nice but many of its lounges have no view of water anywhere (older ships).

I have mixed feelings about axing the waterfront in favor of smaller pool areas especially if this means the top deck (usual pool deck) is not going to have a pool and taken over by go karts.  The small tiny detail highlight for me is that smaller owners suite aft with the hot tub.  Its not that big compared to the other mega owners suites but you have the best view ever and a nice hot tub to enjoy it.  It sleeps 4 but before everyone starts booking their family there, it only has 1 toilet, 1 sink and 1 shower.  Thats quite a sacrifice for 4 people.

I also love the fact the ship is just about everywhere during its first year......Europe, Orlando, NYC, Miami.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

I hope so! Those corner cabins are Suites - can you imagine paying that much and having a slide with screaming kids going past your balcony?!

Heheh lets hope the slide is soundproof! 

Starboard side gets the slide, port not as it seems now. Travel agents reading along, tips are appreciated! :classic_wink:

6 hours ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Where is this from? The shaded area on the bottom right looks like it says "LANDING" - maybe for that silly slide? Are you able to get a better snip of that area?

In the video it seems to say Dry Landing, no better view unfortunately.

They forgot an edit in one of the shared clips, here's the starting point of the dry slide/"Abyss del Rio" visible. :classic_biggrin:

Naamloos.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, steamboats said:

If you are referring to the slide on the side of the ship (similar to the Ultimate Abyss on RCI´s Oasis Class) it´s a dry slide - so no dripping wet kids ;-).

steamboats

A dry slide? I wasn't aware any ships had those - interesting!

I still think it's dumb to be charging Suite prices for cabins with a slide blocking the balcony view!

2 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Heheh lets hope the slide is soundproof! 

Starboard side gets the slide, port not as it seems now. Travel agents reading along, tips are appreciated! :classic_wink:

In the video it seems to say Dry Landing, no better view unfortunately.

They forgot an edit in one of the shared clips, here's the starting point of the dry slide/"Abyss del Rio" visible. :classic_biggrin:

Naamloos.png

Moving to port side! Ha! 

• Haha 1

Has anyone compared the Haven area’s to other Haven ships?  There’s a lot of Haven suites- quick glance it looks to me to have more Haven staterooms than any other ship yet it also has very little Dedicated Haven common space.  Nice that it has a dedicated elevator. Looks fine for a warm weather sailing but seems odd this ship is sailing Norwegian Fjords, Iceland...and not the Mediterranean.  

• Like 1

Can anyone place this area? It says "deck 8 pod". With the teak flooring and the lounge it seems outside.

What is the pod? And why is there some kind of reception desk with a mounted tablet or whatever? And what is behind his arm, what is supposed to be the ocean if we assume this is an outdoor area with a viewpoint from the outside.. is it a moving deck, a Magic Carpet  a la Celebrity, a North Star from Royal.. I want to be waiting for the pod too! :classic_ninja:

pod.png

9 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Can anyone place this area? It says "deck 8 pod". With the teak flooring and the lounge it seems outside.

What is the pod? And why is there some kind of reception desk with a mounted tablet or whatever? And what is behind his arm, what is supposed to be the ocean if we assume this is an outdoor area with a viewpoint from the outside.. is it a moving deck, a Magic Carpet  a la Celebrity, a North Star from Royal.. I want to be waiting for the pod too! :classic_ninja:

pod.png

The slide says “Port side waiting area”. This leads me to believe that the part behind his wrist is a “magic carpet” style elevator that would take people down to tender possibly? The seating is for people to wait for the elevator to come back up for boarding. 

Edit: hmmm the pod name is interesting though, maybe it is just something like the north star thing on Royal. 

Edited by SkierRobUMN

Catching up with a few pages of excitement and lots of renders took a while heh! And I guess we need a thread title change to Prima class. New Prima threads popping up everywhere and we are all like "Oh, the new ship we've been stalking since 2017. We're just waiting for the triple level go kart track and the dry slide to be officially announced. :classic_laugh:

Another thing I've found, which Steff already addressed earlier; there was a small pool visible on the earlier renders on deck 17. 

With this view I doubt if there will be a pool? To me it seems like bar stools and a large bar towards the railing. Any thoughts?

decktop.png

• Like 2

port side waiting area

is written left at the top

that is why reception desk

don´t know more

starport side slide, port side something from down to up? i don´t know

at the video is at 0:39 a bar we don´t see at the pics ( maybe at the atrium with the first pic because of the glas? can´t say why, looks a little boring to me )

Edited by Steff79

2 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

Catching up with a few pages of excitement and lots of renders took a while heh! And I guess we need a thread title change to Prima class. New Prima threads popping up everywhere and we are all like "Oh, the new ship we've been stalking since 2017. We're just waiting for the triple level go kart track and the dry slide to be officially announced. :classic_laugh:

Another thing I've found, which Steff already addressed earlier; there was a small pool visible on the earlier renders on deck 17. 

With this view I doubt if there will be a pool? To me it seems like bar stools and a large bar towards the railing. Any thoughts?

decktop.png

Definitely looks like an outdoor Haven bar area. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

port side waiting area

is written left at the top

that is why reception desk

don´t know more

starport slide, port somethin from down to up? i down know

at the video is at 0:39 a bar we don´t see at the pics ( maybe at the atrium with the first pic because of the glas? can´t say why, looks a little boring to me )

That is the Haven lounge/bar I believe. I saw it in another video somewhere. 

don´t think that area belongs to haven ( i hope not ), haven bar, lounges, restaurant are one deck lower

i think that pool deck with a bar will be a adult only area, maybe free or like a vibe with pool

Edited by Steff79

14 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

don´t think that area belongs to haven ( i hope not ), haven bar, lounges, restaurant are one deck lower

i think that pool deck with a bar will be a adult only area, maybe free or like a vibe with pool

I suspect you are correct, the only hang up is there is a dividing wind break between the Haven sundeck and that area.  The windbreak appears to be clear, you would think it would be opaque if that area is not part of the Haven.  Then again, this is a rendering and probably a bit of artistic license was taken.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

decktop.png

That does look like a bar!

And notice what's missing? There's no silly slide by those corner balconies!

Guess we book two options and wait for more details!

• Like 1