Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

Well, at least I tried to use some of my MANY FCCs for my Bermuda 23' Prima sailing! 🤷‍♀️

From Guest Services: 

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line for your vacation at sea.

We greatly appreciate the understanding of our valued guests during these fluid, unprecedented and challenging times. 

We sincerely regret to learn that you were unable to use your Future Cruise Credits during the period they are valid. While we understand and appreciate your desire to sail with us, regrettably, we are unable to provide an extension of the expiration date. 

Unfortunately, we are unable to make any exceptions to our policies in place. Hopefully you understand our stance and the need to be fair and equitable in applying these policies consistently to all guests.

We sincerely thank you for the opportunity to review your request. We remain dedicated to providing our guests with the best travel experiences across the globe.

Sincerely,

Nicole
Guest Relations Team

3 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

Well, at least I tried to use some of my MANY FCCs for my Bermuda 23' Prima sailing! 🤷‍♀️

From Guest Services: 

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line for your vacation at sea.

We greatly appreciate the understanding of our valued guests during these fluid, unprecedented and

challenging times. 

We sincerely regret to learn that you were unable to use your Future Cruise Credits during the period they

are valid. While we understand and appreciate your desire to sail with us, regrettably, we are unable to

provide an extension of the expiration date. 

Unfortunately, we are unable to make any exceptions to our policies in place. Hopefully you understand

our stance and the need to be fair and equitable in applying these policies consistently to all guests.

We sincerely thank you for the opportunity to review your request. We remain dedicated to providing our

guests with the best travel experiences across the globe.

Sincerely,

Nicole
Guest Relations Team

Wow. That blows big time. Guest relations my arse! More like guest tribulations. 

Just found out through my roll call for Alaska that they're switching ships on me, again. Supposedly reservations and cabins are being transferred automatically with only excursions and dining reservations to be rebooked. But when I log into my NCL account it still says Bliss for me, so who knows. 

They have no idea what they're doing over there. Time to start dipping my feet into other pools.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Wow. That blows big time. Guest relations my arse! More like guest tribulations. 

Just found out through my roll call for Alaska that they're switching ships on me, again. Supposedly reservations and cabins are being transferred automatically with only excursions and dining reservations to be rebooked. But when I log into my NCL account it still says Bliss for me, so who knows. 

They have no idea what they're doing over there. Time to start dipping my feet into other pools.

I’m with you. Princess has been better regarding FCC and such. It’s been hard trying to juggle canceled and rebooked/canceled cruises from different cruise lines. I’m a bit soured on NCL right now. 😔

I'm sure this is answered somewhere in the 53 pages of replies to this topic, but, I can't seem to find it without reading everything, apparently.  

I am thinking of booking the 8/17/2022 sailing out of Amsterdam.  Is that the first public sailing for this ship?  Would that be considered the inaugural and would we expect any fanfare?  I was on the inaugural Bliss in Alaska, it was neat to see the fireboats and such at each port, we had Wyland on board, small stuff but something that made it a bit unique.  That all being said, the September itineraries are a bit more interesting and less expensive so still trying to figure out which we want.

Perhaps on a related note, I don't see anything for 8/25 through 9/3 - Do we know what's happening during that time frame?

24 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

I'm sure this is answered somewhere in the 53 pages of replies to this topic, but, I can't seem to find it without reading everything, apparently.  

I am thinking of booking the 8/17/2022 sailing out of Amsterdam.  Is that the first public sailing for this ship?  Would that be considered the inaugural and would we expect any fanfare?  I was on the inaugural Bliss in Alaska, it was neat to see the fireboats and such at each port, we had Wyland on board, small stuff but something that made it a bit unique.  That all being said, the September itineraries are a bit more interesting and less expensive so still trying to figure out which we want.

Perhaps on a related note, I don't see anything for 8/25 through 9/3 - Do we know what's happening during that time frame?

I believe that there will be some short cruises before the Amsterdam to Reykjavik cruise, but there are likely to be invite only (travel agents, press etc), so the 17th August will almost certainly be the first public cruise.

That doesn’t mean there will be any fuss though. For example, most recent new NCL ships have started with a transatlantic available to the public but absolutely nothing happens onboard to suggest this (much to the annoyance of some people - the grumbling on the Breakaway from some people was much more entertaining than anything NCL could have laid on).

Basically, maybe there will be some events and maybe not. Certainly don’t rely on it.

As for the return to Amsterdam, it looks like there may be some press events in Reykjavik, so I assume they are still confirming things before selling the cruise. Better than NCLs usual method of selling them and then changing things once people have booked. 🙂

4 hours ago, PATRLR said:

I am thinking of booking the 8/17/2022 sailing out of Amsterdam.  Is that the first public sailing for this ship?

I have posted the answers on Page 51 

Two pre-inaugural cruises in Aug 2022, most likely for press and travel agents:

12 Aug: Southampton

13 Aug: Zeebrugge

14 Aug: Southampton

15 Aug: Amsterdam

16 Aug: at sea

17 Aug: Amsterdam

25 Aug - 27 Aug: overnight in Reykjavik, or mini cruise roundtrip Reykjavik

27 Aug: Reykjavik

28 Aug: Isafjordur

29 Aug: Akureyri

30 Aug: at sea

31 Aug: Olden

01 Sep: Skjolden

02 Sep: at sea

03 Sep: Amsterdam

No idea why these dates cannot be booked.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

another.png

Great pic. Next deck at the front should be the Bridge.  And the following decks we see at the right side ( not sure if it is one block with the bridge and the following decks? )

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steff79 said:

Great pic. Next deck at the front should be the Bridge.  And the following decks we see at the right side ( not sure if it is one block with the bridge and the following decks? )

You can see those to the right in the pic, in front of the building.  From this angle she's really taking shape quickly!

• Like 1

Booked Prima out of Iceland to London in 2023 for our 20th anniversary.  As fan of the Haven, picked a 2 bedroom on 15 to be close to the bars and restaurant. The 2 bed looks different from the other Haven 2 beds.  Bath for the master looks slightly downgraded from the breakaway.  Looks to have a walk in closet though.  Second bedroom is now a real king bed.  Daughter is looking forward to her upgrade from the old second bedroom.  Balcony looks awesome and spacious.  Outside balcony dining looks possible in the 2 bedrooms.  Breakaway balconies were super small and new layout looks promising.  

Two Haven elevators for 100 suites should be more than sufficient.  Would make sense that it goes through the suite stack and down to 6,7,8 or up to 16 primarily.  

Also, good to see a lot of the same characters on cruise critic after the past year.

11 hours ago, Harratine said:

Booked Prima out of Iceland to London in 2023 for our 20th anniversary.  As fan of the Haven, picked a 2 bedroom on 15 to be close to the bars and restaurant. The 2 bed looks different from the other Haven 2 beds.  Bath for the master looks slightly downgraded from the breakaway.  Looks to have a walk in closet though.  Second bedroom is now a real king bed.  Daughter is looking forward to her upgrade from the old second bedroom.  Balcony looks awesome and spacious.  Outside balcony dining looks possible in the 2 bedrooms.  Breakaway balconies were super small and new layout looks promising.  

Two Haven elevators for 100 suites should be more than sufficient.  Would make sense that it goes through the suite stack and down to 6,7,8 or up to 16 primarily.  

Also, good to see a lot of the same characters on cruise critic after the past year.

If you're on the September sailing in 2023 you'll be on my roll call. I'll wave to you in the Haven bar.

9 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

If you're on the September sailing in 2023 you'll be on my roll call. I'll wave to you in the Haven bar.

July 6th unfortunately.  Hilariously my last two cruise next expire on July 6th 2023.  Right under the gun

• Like 1

I am booked in the Haven 2 Bedroom for this ship in Dec 2022.  I noticed while searching the floor plans the Prima is the first to have a legit 2nd Bedroom with a King.  The other 2 Bedroom Havens have a "hallway" style bedroom with a pull down and Futon style bedroom.

Going to be exciting seeing the other changes.

• Like 1

booked today  our girl

two cruises sept 2022

Amsterdam - Copenhagen and then to Southampton

hope NCL will not make me regret it, with future news about the ship.

now Germany, Austria and Italy are no longer Covid risk countries, maybe i will go for a weekend to Marghera somedays. To the float out would be nice, but but with the previous information policy, this would be like winning the lottery to go on the right weekend.

• Like 4

A bit difficult to see but still worth sharing: Looks like all the aft decks are in place!

We're looking at the aft of the ship, despite the new large blue gantry crane blocking some of the view.. you can see the Haven aft infinity pool, the white block right to the blue box of the crane. 

Screenshot (52).png

• Like 7

5 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

A bit difficult to see but still worth sharing: Looks like all the aft decks are in place!

We're looking at the aft of the ship, despite the new large blue gantry crane blocking some of the view.. you can see the Haven aft infinity pool, the white block right to the blue box of the crane. 

Screenshot (52).png

None of those balconies look to be very deep. 🤔

28 minutes ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

None of those balconies look to be very deep. 🤔

Could be the angle and distance from where the photo was taken?

edit; I had to crop the original to focus on the background (Prima). 
But I agree it does not look deep. Time will tell! :classic_smile:

Edited by FreestyleNovice

I'm curious to see if none of the studios are connecting or if they just haven't updated the deck plan yet. I booked a balcony cabin for a 2023 cruise, 11942, and it has since been updated as a connecting cabin. I'm hoping the same won't happen with the studio I have booked.

On 6/10/2021 at 1:24 PM, Steff79 said:

hope NCL will not make me regret it, with future news about the ship.

I'm catching up on the posts.  Would you share what you are referencing or where I can read about it.  Thank you. 

36 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

I'm curious to see if none of the studios are connecting or if they just haven't updated the deck plan yet. I booked a balcony cabin for a 2023 cruise, 11942, and it has since been updated as a connecting cabin. I'm hoping the same won't happen with the studio I have booked.

there is no studios on deck 11 if you go to cruisedeckplans.com.  only decks 12 and 13

5 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

11942 is the balcony cabin I referred to, not the studio.

I'd love to see future studios have balconies or windows.  These sound cool with the faux windows but a balcony would be great.. because of the studio lounge for solos.

Edited by kessdarln
update