Update(s) on Grand Princess Summer 2021 Deployment (...and Crown, too?)

snoozecrooze

Looks like Princess is flipping ships right, left and center.  I wish we had gotten a replacement ship for our itinerary, Rome to Southampton on Grand but no, it just went pfft leaving us all without a cruise and offered $15 on a future sailing.  Really, $15???

6 hours ago, LT Hambone said:

This is what bothers me the most -

Many folks who posted have mentioned they were originally booked on the Crown with a great package deal. If you were transferred over to the Sky, you kept your package. But for those of us who got cancelled, we lost our package, and the only compensation is ship board credit.

IMO - Princess needs to honor the packages we lost IF we rebook on the Sky. Or, Princess should have at least given us the option to transfer over to the Sky on a different date if the same date was not available.

Now we have to wait until 30 Sep to see what they will offer, hope it's as good as what we had (and the cabins we want are available), and then have less than two weeks to decide what to do. Oh, and let's not forget for those of us who have Future Cruise Credits - they are NON-REFUNDABLE, so we are "stuck" with whatever Princess has to offer.

My apologies for the rant - just frustrating.

^ This!  This is my problem!  I was happy with my fare - I just rebooked a couple of weeks ago and saved $1000 on our third passenger.  The people booked on the cruise right after ours are just being rebooked on Sky.  Our cruise was just cancelled and we're now subject to whatever the current fare is.  They're no longer doing the 3rd person sale and I'm sure since the Sky is so new, it's more expensive by default.  My guess is the $200pp OBC is not going to cover the added expense.  PLUS since all the people who were booked on June 19 on Crown were moved to the Sky automatically, there won't be as many rooms to choose from for us folks who were on the June 7 and now need to move to June 19.  Ugh!

I'm in the same spot, I was happy with my price, cabin on my Crown Grand Adventure.  Now I have to wait until the end of Sept. to see what is available on the Sky cruises I'd like to book.  Sailing as a single is pricey, but I do like the obstructed balcony cabins on Emerald Deck.  However, the mid-ship ones go fast.  It is kind of a bummer.

• Like 1

I did get another email from Princess with the itinerary details for the Sky (I'm sure could change).  Aug. 30th itinerary looks interesting, TA pretty normal, I like them so no problem. Now it is just the waiting until they get people moved, and put them on the website.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, susancruzs said:

I did get another email from Princess with the itinerary details for the Sky (I'm sure could change).  Aug. 30th itinerary looks interesting, TA pretty normal, I like them so no problem. Now it is just the waiting until they get people moved, and put them on the website.

Susancruzs, can you please send that info to wandatp at outlook dot com?  We were on the Crown and now we're on the Sky and my TA hasn't any info.  TIA

26 minutes ago, Anubi said:

Susancruzs, can you please send that info to wandatp at outlook dot com?  We were on the Crown and now we're on the Sky and my TA hasn't any info.  TIA

Here's the link to the updated Sky itineraries--all tentative and subject to change, per Princess:

https://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/content/princessus/YP_2021_Southampton.pdf

We had our 22 Day British Isle/Trans Atlantic (Crown Princess) canceled.  My only hope is that there are desirable cabins left on the Sky.  It is my understanding that passengers sailing the 15 day T/A on the Sky are being moved/offered the new 14 day T/A out of South Hampton.   I believe the same is occurring for the 12 day British Isles cruise preceding the T/A. 

We are looking to rebook the 12 day British Isles/Trans Atlantic on the Sky.  My only worry is there will be no desirable cabins left after all of the aforementioned move overs are complete.  Those of us who were booked on the 22 day. cruise on the Crown are not being offered any move over offers.  Those booked on the 14 day T/A portion of the 22 day cruise were being offered, if memory serves me right, move over offers to the Regal or Sky.  This last point is not hard fact, rather just some stuff I surmised by reading various CC posts.....

Bob

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

We are looking to rebook the 12 day British Isles/Trans Atlantic on the Sky.  My only worry is there will be no desirable cabins left after all of the aforementioned move overs are complete.  Those of us who were booked on the 22 day. cruise on the Crown are not being offered any move over offers.  Those booked on the 14 day T/A portion of the 22 day cruise were being offered, if memory serves me right, move over offers to the Regal or Sky.  This last point is not hard fact, rather just some stuff I surmised by reading various CC posts.....

An unfortunately, it seems, those with the move-over offer get their cruise at the price they had for the cancelled cruise along with any perks they originally had.

But those who have to rebook, like you need to, need to do so at current pricing and with current perks (if any).

• Like 1

So -

Just got off the phone with Princess (80+ minutes), and was told that because the 1 July Crown sailing was NOT replaced with the same itinerary on the Sky, we are NOT eligible to move over our rate and perks. The ONLY option is to rebook on another cruise at full fare.

We were able to rebook on the 27 July Island sailing, but had to skip the package to keep the costs the same. Stinks, but I do understand the why (even though I don't necessarily agree).

The only upside is that now we have enough shipboard credit to cover gratuities and a few drinks. Doesn't replace the entire package, but it's better than nothing.

To Princesses' credit - the lady I spoke with was incredibly nice, patient, and helpful. She walked me through a few new booking scenarios, and helped me find the best one.

I look at things this way - at the end of the day, after everything everyone has been going through in the last few months, for us to loose a little on the new cruise is no big deal when you take a look at the bigger picture.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

by Woobstr112G:

"It is my understanding that passengers sailing the 15 day T/A on the Sky are being moved/offered the new 14 day T/A out of South Hampton.   I believe the same is occurring for the 12 day British Isles cruise preceding the T/A."

NOOOOO! Wrong answer! We were CANCELLED! We booked this AFTER the

April 2021 Regal Transpacific was cancelled. Princess is playing "Musical Ships"

with our money and dedication (maybe temporary) to Princess.

Well, everyone --

Now that it's all but publicly confirmed (by Princess/Carnival Corp.) that Sea and Sun Princesses are going away, who thinks that Crown will actually be deployed to partially fill some of that Alaska void? Like a mixture of some 14-day Alaskas and then a few Mexican Rivieras....or just, replace Sun directly, since I think Alaska is a bigger cruise draw in the summer. Maybe this is the reason why we haven't seen much news about San Pedro for next summer. 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2020 at 12:58 AM, snoozecrooze said:

Well, everyone --

Now that it's all but publicly confirmed (by Princess/Carnival Corp.) that Sea and Sun Princesses are going away, who thinks that Crown will actually be deployed to partially fill some of that Alaska void? Like a mixture of some 14-day Alaskas and then a few Mexican Rivieras....or just, replace Sun directly, since I think Alaska is a bigger cruise draw in the summer. Maybe this is the reason why we haven't seen much news about San Pedro for next summer. 

Although they are not yet (but expected to be soon) published by Princess, the new departure dates of Crown will likely to be as follow (which match with the port schedule). Except the last two, all will be Los Angeles (San Pedro) roundtrip. Detailed itineraries are unknown yet.

2021/05/15
2021/05/22
2021/05/27
2021/05/31
2021/06/05
2021/06/12
2021/06/19
2021/06/26
2021/07/01
2021/07/05
2021/07/10
2021/07/17
2021/07/24
2021/07/31
2021/08/07
2021/08/14
2021/08/21
2021/08/28
2021/09/02
2021/09/06
2021/09/11
2021/09/18
2021/09/25
2021/10/02: Los Angeles to Fort Lauderdale
2021/10/17: Fort Lauderdale roundtrip

6 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

If those dates are accurate for Crown it looks like she will do a mixture of 4, 5 & 7 day cruises - will most likely be all Mexico and possibly some California Coastal.

With the Sun being sold, I wonder if Crown will replace the Sun's itinerary suring July and August to Alaska?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, greenie082756 said:

Alaska is one of their biggest itinerary.  I will take a guess that the Crown will take over the Sun's schedule. 

I thought the same until I realized they have no scheduled Mexico cruises in July or August of next year. I can’t imagine them not doing any and having so many Alaska options. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, greenie082756 said:

Alaska is one of their biggest itinerary.  I will take a guess that the Crown will take over the Sun's schedule. 

The 14 day from LA has come and gone over the years as they struggle to fill the ship for the full season without heavy discounting.  My guess is that for 2021 they decide to abandon it as they offer the 10 day from SFO on Ruby which has most, if not all, of the same ports and fewer days at sea.  The choice to offer a series of 4/5/7 day sailing on Crown for the summer would be newish for Princess as they typically do not offer those cruises in summer, but in light of Covid and an expectant surge in demand in shorter cruises Princess may see a market they want to be active in.  It's hard to tell for sure as there have been so many moving parts and a LOT of the dust still has not settled.  I don't expect a clear picture until at least mid October once they get the Crown/Sky mess sorted.

• Like 2

It doesn't look like the switches are done yet.  I have been watching the Baltic Heritage cruise as a possible replacement for our recently cancelled Baltic cruise.  The Baltic Heritage July 10, 2021 cruise was originally scheduled on the Grand then moved to the Regal.  As of today, the whole itinerary has changed to Spain, France, and Portugal.  Stay tuned for more upheaval before things finally settle down (and I sure hope things do in fact settle down!).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

It doesn't look like the switches are done yet.  I have been watching the Baltic Heritage cruise as a possible replacement for our recently cancelled Baltic cruise.  The Baltic Heritage July 10, 2021 cruise was originally scheduled on the Grand then moved to the Regal.  As of today, the whole itinerary has changed to Spain, France, and Portugal.  Stay tuned for more upheaval before things finally settle down (and I sure hope things do in fact settle down!).

Oh goodness. I just switched my Sun cruise that was cancelled to a Glacier cruise on the Grand. Not sure how much more “Cruise Ship” roulette I can handle. 

• Like 2