Inspiration Room Amenities

kapcruiser

We have 5 in our cabin on the inspiration, I want to know if they will give me enough shampoo and soap? I don't mind packing it if I need to, trying to cut down on bring extra things. I think I read somewhere that I need to bring a blowdryer and travel iron, is this correct?

Inspiration - August 2004

The are despencers for shampoo and shower gel and they keep them full. We had no hairdryer in our cabin.

Judy

CCL Inspiration 4/4-4/11/04

NCL Sea 4/14-4/27/03

Wonder 5/16-5/19/02

Wonder 5/3-5/8/01

Fantasy 2/15-2/18/01

You might want to bring a hairdryer, but NO iron! This is a big no-no on cruise ships! In your Welcome Aboard booklet you receive w/your docs, it plainly spells out NO IRONS IN CABINS! Big safety issue - fire hazard.

There are laundry rooms located on each deck, complete with washers/dryers/ironing boards/irons. OR you can take "Wrinkle Release" spray. Works wonders.

As far as the amenities, shampoo and liquid soap are in dispensers in the shower. The little basket of items are sample-size. Your cabin steward will refill it for you if needed, but for five people in a cabin, I'd just take your own.

Hope this helps.

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

To save packing space, I always go to the local beauty supply store and ask for samples of my favorite shampoo/conditioner. They come in the single use packs like you get on the cruise, but I get the brand I like. Also, nothing to bring home.

Speaking of the shampoo in the dispensers, how is the quality? I have long hair and while I'm not TOO picky about shampoo (I'm ok with using the kinds found in hotels), I don't mind bringing my own if what's in the dispensers is either too harsh or not that great to begin with.

Thanks.

I'd say bring your own to be on the safe side. Our cabin was not stocked in the dispensers the first day. The quality of the shampoo is alright, but I too have long hair and preferred the shampoo I brought. The sea air dried my hair as it was. (I'd take dry hair on a cruise any day over normal hair on land though). Just a thought.

malwave_e0.gif

'99 Norwegian Sea

'00 Triumph

'01 Victory

'01 Spirit

'02 Inspiration

'02 Conquest

They will refill them if you need them to, but they are big dispensers and it would take a lot to empty them. Definitely bring your own conditioner. If you are doing a pre-night hotel stay, you can probably just snag a little bottle of conditioner there.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;1;25;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

1/25/04 Inspiration

4/25/04 Inspiration Part II

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;4;25;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived