Container of anti-bacterial wipes in carry-on?

msmayor

Need to take a last - minute business trip, and it will be my first travel in the COVID period.

I want to pack a container of anti-bacterial wipes that I have, but will only be traveling with a carry-on.  For those who travel regularly, any idea if that will make it through screening without being included in my one-quart liquid bag?  I'm honestly not sure how they would categorize that....

Wipes have never been considered a "liquid" as far as the TSA is concerned, even though they are moist.

They have relaxed their rules on liquids to allow for 12 ounces of hand sanitizer per person.  This does require separate screening, so be prepared to take it out of your bag and have it processed.

https://www.tsa.gov/coronavirus

• Like 1

Just to update...I ended up compromising and found a smaller pack of disinfectant wipes that fit into my quart bag.  I knew I'd want them for the hotel remote and doorknobs at a minimum, so that worked just fine.  I found small pocket-size hand sanitizer in the travel size section of Target, so grabbed two of those which also fit in my bag.  Perfect for this overnight trip.

My flight on a 737-800 configured for 175 passengers had only 33 aboard.  I think it's been 30+ years since I've flown on a plane that empty.  No issues bringing anything through security, and most passengers were respectful of distancing.  

• Like 2

I have always (for years) flown/traveled with disinfectant packets in my purse...they've come in handy multiple times.

So doing this is nothing new for me.

Glad it worked out well for you.

I've flown several times since Covid.  Delta gives every passenger an individually wrapped sanitizing wipe as they board.  The planes are disinfected between flights, but they know people may want to do an extra wipe down of arm rests, seat belt buckle or whatever.  I can't recall if Southwest gave these out too or not. 

You'll also find that airlines (again, I can only speak to Delta and Southwest as far as first hand experience) ask about symptoms etc at check in, require a mask and you must agree at check in to wear it the entire flight.  Airports have marked every other seat as "do not sit here" to encourage social distancing, and there are limited retail outlets open in the airports and they don't want cash payments.