L&S to Odyssey Sailings

8 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Yeah, options are Allure, Odyssey, and Jewel. Quantum class good for small kids in your opinion? By Jan 2022 we'll have a 4 and 2.5 year old. We prefer a ship with ample outdoor areas. 

Sorry, can’t really answer that as our first 2 cruises on Q class (Anthem and Ovation) were cancelled this year.  Hopefully others can chime in on how they compare to Oasis class for young kids. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sorry, can’t really answer that as our first 2 cruises on Q class (Anthem and Ovation) were cancelled this year.  Hopefully others can chime in on how they compare to Oasis class for young kids. 

I'm sorry to hear that. Another reason I am now considering the L&S is that I now firmly believe that cruising will be a go come this December but we're not certain if we're ready for it yet.....depending on what precautions are being taken that is. My attitude is as fluid as this entire situation. 

4 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I'm sorry to hear that. Another reason I am now considering the L&S is that I now firmly believe that cruising will be a go come this December but we're not certain if we're ready for it yet.....depending on what precautions are being taken that is. My attitude is as fluid as this entire situation. 

If in doubt then it’s a great deal to shift the cruise and protect your price, and if you can get a newer ship out if the deal then even better.  You not only having to worry about whether the cruise will go but also about the border and quarantine requirements.  Makes the decision easier knowing that your protected under TICO as well.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

If in doubt then it’s a great deal to shift the cruise and protect your price, and if you can get a newer ship out if the deal then even better.  You not only having to worry about whether the cruise will go but also about the border and quarantine requirements.

This is what my parents keep reminding me.  

1 hour ago, Russ Lomas said:

We will just miss you.  We are on the earlier 8 day sailing of the Odyssey that month.  If our situation permitted it, I would rather do the B2B that you have booked, but we only get a single week off since we work in education.

My husband has lots of vacation banked now that we are not traveling due to covid. This is the first time we have tried a b2b. We have to get off in Miami and head to Fort Lauderdale.  We want to go to Australia on a long trip so this is testing the waters to see if we can be cruising for 15 days straight before spending a lot of time and money. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

My husband has lots of vacation banked now that we are not traveling due to covid. This is the first time we have tried a b2b. We have to get off in Miami and head to Fort Lauderdale.  We want to go to Australia on a long trip so this is testing the waters to see if we can be cruising for 15 days straight before spending a lot of time and money. 

Like I said, I wish I was in your shoes for being able to try that.  One day...

Since we both work in education, the only time we have multiple weeks to cruise is during the summer.  Unfortunately, even though we love cruising, when it is so hot and humid at home, we do not feel the need to cruise then.  In the middle of the winter, it is a nice escape from the cold and snow.  We only get a single week off in March, so unless we do a B2B with 3 and 4 day cruises, it will not happen for us for a while.

We have friends who winter in Florida and cruise regularly and do B2B2B2B2B.  They often take an Uber between Miami and Fort Lauderdale to catch their next cruise.  They say it is easy, so I suspect you should have no issues doing this.

We were lucky enough to do a 10 day cruise once.  I think I am ready to do a longer cruise when one is available to me.  I am sure you will be too.  Australia is on the bucket list, along with NZ and the South Pacific.  Maybe a nice cruise from Hawaii to Australia when we retire.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I have sailed Quantum, Ovation, and Anthem several times.  I believe children would have just as much fun on Quantum class as Oasis class - just different activities.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

I suppose one can do a L&S from a ship with 9N to a 8N on Odysssey? 

Don't count on it.  It really depends mostly on whether you are L&S to the same class ship. They have been fairly strict about the number of days, the class of ship and the time frame.

12 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

I suppose one can do a L&S from a ship with 9N to a 8N on Odysssey? 

No.  Other than the EXTREMELY rare exception the itineraries must be the exact same length.

I would never book one trying to do this shift. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

3 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Don't count on it.  It really depends mostly on whether you are L&S to the same class ship. They have been fairly strict about the number of days, the class of ship and the time frame.

Other than for those exceptions where they have allowed an 8 to a 7 they are not strict on the class of ship at all.  

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No.  Other than the EXTREMELY rare exception the itineraries must be the exact same length.

I would never book one trying to do this shift. 

6 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

Thank you both for your feedback. Back to the hunt. :classic_biggrin:

8 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

My whole thought process on this Lift and Switch  program may be changing. The entire time I was wanting a refund for our January 2021 6 dayer on Indy

Your thought process was right, take the refund.

So they stone cold refused to L&S my 11-22-20 (6 nights) Empress Royal Suite to the 12-12-21 (6 nights) Odyssey Owner's Suite even though that sailing was showing as an appropriate shift.

My TA had called in and argued with them and she also did the online L&S.  We waited all weekend.  Today is final payment due date.  Someone from L&S called her this morning and again outright refused to shift this to Odyssey even though there was an OS available.

UGH

So she called them back, ready to CWC and get an FCC for the $500 deposit.  I was resigned and so disappointed.  I have read of so many people who have done EXACTLY this same thing.

The CSR came back and offered us an Allure 11-21-21 (6 nights Thanksgiving week) cruise in a Star Loft Suite !  Imagine that !  SC was what I was after all along but I had accepted the fact that it was an unreasonable expectation.  So instead of giving me a $9500 OS on Odyssey, they gave me a $12.5K SLS on Allure.  Ok.  Throw me in that briar patch !!

So now I am elated !!!  I will never understand their reasoning.  It makes NO sense to me, but I will take it with a huge smile !!!

• Like 5

21 hours ago, MaritimeR&R said:

A number of us have LS from Jewel of Seas TA to Odyssey of Seas TA . Obviously a totally different Class of Ship . 

Edited by ssb

21 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

You are fortunate. It hasn't been the case for some people.  

There are a large number of 3/4 guest cabins just opened up by Royal for 2 guest bookings on Odyssey TA Oct 28, 2021 . Two of our friends having LS problems like others were able to accomplish LS last Friday . Oceanviews and Balconies for 2 guests  have been showing sold out for a while . 

Edited by ssb
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NameThatFunnel said:

Thanks for all the replies to my original post. One of the cruises I am having hard time to L&S is my March 20, 2021 Rhapsody (7 nt Western) to Odyssey for the March 20, 2022 (6 nt Western). Odyssey is not an available option. 

The itinerary needs to be the same length in order to shift it except in extremely rare circumstances.  (No other 7 day itineraries available so your would not qualify.)

5 hours ago, RFerrington said:

So they stone cold refused to L&S my 11-22-20 (6 nights) Empress Royal Suite to the 12-12-21 (6 nights) Odyssey Owner's Suite even though that sailing was showing as an appropriate shift.

My TA had called in and argued with them and she also did the online L&S.  We waited all weekend.  Today is final payment due date.  Someone from L&S called her this morning and again outright refused to shift this to Odyssey even though there was an OS available.

UGH

So she called them back, ready to CWC and get an FCC for the $500 deposit.  I was resigned and so disappointed.  I have read of so many people who have done EXACTLY this same thing.

The CSR came back and offered us an Allure 11-21-21 (6 nights Thanksgiving week) cruise in a Star Loft Suite !  Imagine that !  SC was what I was after all along but I had accepted the fact that it was an unreasonable expectation.  So instead of giving me a $9500 OS on Odyssey, they gave me a $12.5K SLS on Allure.  Ok.  Throw me in that briar patch !!

So now I am elated !!!  I will never understand their reasoning.  It makes NO sense to me, but I will take it with a huge smile !!!

Awesome news.  Congrats!