Wind 1-28-06 sailing

tommy

We started with 2 day prior at Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort thru NCL.Nice room, small pools,Great check-in for ship.

We left hotel early it was nice to only have to deal with carry ons.We arrived at port 11:30 maybe 6 people were there.NCL started check-in at noon we were on the ship 12:05 our room was ready it was off to a good start.We ate at sports bar luggage was all in room by 2:30,muster drill 5 over 5:15.

We ate at Le Bistro shorts ok the 1st night.Started off good Cream of Mushroom soup excellent.We ordered surf&turf 5 dollars extra.There were 6 of us they brought 2 plates at a time.All my wife requested was no seasoning on steak or garlic butter with lobster.We were told no problem.Asked for sour cream for baked potatoe waited it came waiter put it on my wife took a nice bite it was horse radish.Waiter insisted it sour cream he checked his reply oops sorry.Now our steak and lobster were not hot.It was turning into a bad start.The head waiter came over to ask how our dinner was.We told him he apologized and offered to get us more we declined.To his credit he did pick up the tab,food only not drinks.OK

Show that night fame forever was ok.Stardust threater is small between the people coming in late and poles all over,the best seats are in front.

Day2

Mourning coffee pretty thick Iadded half water to cup that helped.We had breakfast at the 4 seasons good.

Lunch sportsbar buffet good.

Dinner Terrace Very Good

Show comedian we found him funny some were offended.He made fun of people in the audience. O by the way the middle pool and hot tubs have not been open yet.

Day3 Maui

breakfast dining room Very Good,tender into town slow process.Maui is nice.Tom golfed had a good time.Girls walked around town and shopped went back to ship around 1.All pools and dining rooms and buffets were closed.Either an inspection electrical fire depending on who you asked.85 and hot no food no pools.Not good.Finally they opened up still no middle pool or hot tubs.We had dinner in room took advantage of butler.

Day4 Maui

We went to town and beach had a good time.Still no middle pool as of 1pm we laid by back poolfrom 1to 3 it was crowded.They finally opened the hot tubs still no pool.Dinner at Terrace good,and country dance show ok

Day5 Kauai

Tom golfed at Puakea good time,again girls walked around and shopped.

Still no middle pool when asked why one person tells you its a chemical problem another says a pipe is broken.The back pool is really crowded now and tomorrow is a sea day.The show was a magician he was ok.Later Glen Miller tribute,and then disco has music of the 80s.

Day6 at sea

All pools finally opened.chair saving started around 6:30Bingo very exspensive.Wont complain Debbie won 300 bucks.We ordered 4 beers by the pool 18 dollars,ice cream station is open a lot and its good.Really cant find much to do that Ienjoy on sea days.

Day 7 at sea

Lots of pool games by middle pool also very crowded.Show Wes Epae singer comedian he was ok.The Stardust was packed by 9:15 if you want a decent seat you better get there early.We also caught Joe Yanetty in the observatoy lounge he was hilarious.I forgot we had dinner at the LaTrattoria.It was excellent service,food everything.I liked it more than Le Bistro. Next year they will probably charge for it.

Day8 Fanning Island

Tendered to Napali beach,beautiful beach not worth 25 dollars pp[iMO]all we got was a mat anything else or the sports package is an additional 15 bucks.The beach is nice but no better than other lines private islands which are offered free.Anyway we spent 3 enjoyable hours there then tendered to regular free part theres also a small beach area there.We got in the food line but the fies chased us away went back to ship and ate.The sun is very hot and it is a different expierience.NUFF SAID.

Day9 atsea

The time is going fast.They are showing super bowl in stardust.Between people walking back in forth and the liquer staff its nearly impossible to hear.Went back to room and watched.VERY WINDY by the pools,and on deck.Dinner LaTrattoria again very good. the show juggler ok

Day10 at sea

VERY WINDY again.Showcircus something a nuff said. Dinner I couldnt find anything on menu I had talapia. The chocolate buffet was goo

Day11 Kona

Pretty island We liked it.Walked around shopped enjoyed the view.Nice end to cruise

Disembarkment

Done well I believe most everyone was off by 10:30.

We have been on 18 cruises all different lines.We were a little disappointed with the Wind.Iam glad we took upsell to Penthouse the concierge and butler were a great feature we used Simone often she called everyday Got us on tenders and reservation also for anyone who was with us.

Anyone going on the Wind you will probably have a good time,anyone thinking about I would suggest you may want to check other ships.I dont want to start a bashing contest with the regulars so Ill stop at that. Any questions fire away I will check in occasionally. TOM

Other things I remembered,Alcohol they checked at every port .Cruise was very casuel,very few suits,elevators very small stairwells small adding the center section changed the atmosphere of the ship.The ship was very clean and crew friendly. Still suffering from jet lag if I think of anything else Ill post it. TOM

Forgot about the La Bistro incident.Are you guys home safe and sound? JOAN
Hey Joan welcome home.We are back safe I dont know how sound but then we were not to sound before we left either. TOM

Tom,you didnt mention the wonderful lobster on the Wind.LOL,I thought you were being a little kind but then I saw what happened to the poster on I think it was the star. Hope we cruise with you again probably not NCL. joan&norm. Say hi to DEB

No Joan I didnt want to get to negative we had a good time despite some conditions.OK the lobster wasnt much to talk about,and the night at La Bistro might have been the exception to the rule.Are you over the jet lag yet? TOM

Tom,

Can we assume you did not take any shore excursions or rent a vehicle while in port? Are there any tours available when we disembark in Maui from the locals?

Thanks.

We did 2 golf excursions and a plantation something I think on Hilo.There are many offered thru NCL,but they are pricey.People we meet on cruise rented a car on almost every port and said it was only like 30 dollars a day cant beat that.Any other questions I will be checking in for a while feel free to ask.Have a Great cruise. TOM

HI TOM,Getting ready to sign off on NCL.Just wanted to say by,but first what did you think of the hand sanitizers in the dining areas.Did you ever see any of the crew use them?Hope to see you on a future cruise.We are looking into RCCL,orCelebrity. JOAN,AND NORM

Joan dont go.Hey we are looking at a Princess cruise.Yea the crew didnt matter I guess all they touched was everything and everybody that was also kind of a joke.Owell we will be watching for you on future cruises TOM&DEB

Archived