Booked Hawaii May 2022

paphoslady

I've been looking at the May 2022 cruise  to Hawaii on Eclipse for a few weeks. Today they were offering free drinks so I've swapped my Apex  February 2021 booking to Hawaii. Never been on a cruuse to Hawaii only land tours. What are the highlights?

You get the flavor of three islands.  The ship overnights in Honolulu and Lahaina, and two stops on the Big Island.  It's a nice cruise, and a nice ship.  Spend some time on Oahu pre-cruise or take the puddle jumper over to Kauai for a few days.   Here's the link to the Roll Call:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2732653-celebrity-eclipse-11-night-hawaii-4-may-2022/page/8/  🍷

Edited by Wine-O

2 minutes ago, paphoslady said:

I've been looking at the May 2022 cruise  to Hawaii on Eclipse for a few weeks. Today they were offering free drinks so I've swapped my Apex  February 2021 booking to Hawaii. Never been on a cruuse to Hawaii only land tours. What are the highlights?

First, you either begin or end your cruise with a string of sea days.  i like this because it is great to unwind.

Compared to a land trip to Hawaii, you'll get a "little bit of everywhere" versus an extended stay.  It's good you've been there before on land visits, as you will likely have a good idea of things you want to see.  With planning, you can get to the sites you want during a port visit, but it is different when you're in ports for one day, versus having several days or more on a land-based vacation.

The ship will have a "Hawaiian Ambassador" on for the entire cruise, so you'll get a lot of unique entertainment options, even on your sea days. 

Harris

Denver, CO

We did a night time sail by of Kilauea (between Hilo and Kona) and it was amazing! A huge amount of lava flowing in to the sea. The Captain got very close to shore and then spun the ship 360 degrees. It was during late sitting and many people left the dining room to go up on deck. An experience Ill never forget. The 5 sea days back were great after visiting the islands. The weather was fantastic in May.  

Edited by WNcruiser

49 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Spend some time on Oahu pre-cruise or take the puddle jumper over to Kauai for a few days.

Agree about spending a few days in Oahu pre-cruise, and Kauai was amazing -- IMO, the Waimea Canyon is not to be missed.

Maui -- the Road to Hana to see the painted trees.

DSC_1050.JPG

Old Lahaina Luau in Lahaina also is worth a visit.

Edited by dani negreanu

We did a Century Hawaii cruise RT out of San Diego about six years ago and loved it; the five days out & back were so relaxed on the ship, with a lot of good wine tasting events that we enjoyed, much better than many we’ve attended since.

The ship brought the Drums of the Pacific kids review aboard to perform for everyone by the pool before we sailed from Lahaina.

We splurged on the Road to Hana excursion and it still ranks way up in the top 5 most memorable and enjoyable out of many cruises. Scenery was stunning and the driver guide was excellent.

To me it’s a perfect combo of great itinerary and plenty of glorious sea days. We’ve booked another HAL Hawaii cruise for Jan 2022, using FCC from a Covid-cancel. 

We did a round trip out of LA/San Pedro last Oct on the Eclipse.  It was wonderful.  There were 5 sea days out, then island hopping from Hawaii (Hilo, Kona), Oahu and Maui, then 4 sea days back and a stop at Ensenada, Mexico.  We loved it.