Final payment looming.....

Ehg

Hello fellow cruisers,

We are due to board Aurora on 9th December and the final payment is due at the beginning of September. We are definitely going to pay as we very much hope the ship will sail (though nor will we be surprised if it’s cancelled). 
We normally pay our balance as soon as it’s due, but having had a painfully long wait for the refunds for our cancelled April cruises we aren’t specially inclined to be so quick to make the final payment on this occasion. 
We wondered how prompt others are making the payment? 
Our TA told us we would be ok to make it about a week later....I suspect we could stretch it to 2 weeks...what are your thoughts? 
Thanks for any info. 😊

Lizzie 

4 minutes ago, Ehg said:

Hello fellow cruisers,

We are due to board Aurora on 9th December and the final payment is due at the beginning of September. We are definitely going to pay as we very much hope the ship will sail (though nor will we be surprised if it’s cancelled). 
We normally pay our balance as soon as it’s due, but having had a painfully long wait for the refunds for our cancelled April cruises we aren’t specially inclined to be so quick to make the final payment on this occasion. 
Our TA told us we would be ok to make it about a week later....I suspect we could stretch it to 2 weeks...what are your thoughts? 
Thanks for any info. 😊

Lizzie 

You want to get your TA to agree to as close as possible to the P&O due date  which will be shown on your P&O booking document.

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

There is no reason to pay before the P&O due date.  My TA was fine about that.  You could also ask P&O yourself if there was a later date you could pay.

We weren’t going to pay before the due date. But we do normally pay on the due date (I think it’s something like 6th Sept). Our TA has already said we have “about a week” grace, I was just wondering if there are any rebels who never pay on time? 😬

We are just conscious that it will be Sod’s law that we pay and it gets cancelled the next day then we have another prolonged wait for the refund. 🙄

2 minutes ago, Ehg said:

We weren’t going to pay before the due date. But we do normally pay on the due date (I think it’s something like 6th Sept). Our TA has already said we have “about a week” grace, I was just wondering if there are any rebels who never pay on time? 😬

We are just conscious that it will be Sod’s law that we pay and it gets cancelled the next day then we have another prolonged wait for the refund. 🙄

We were on this cruise but moved it to next year as soon as we had the chance. 

I want to see more evidence of good practice before we cruise again. 

I hope you get to go, but I really can't see it. 

Andy 

Careful you don't lose your deposit by missing payment date. You could move your deposit to a different cruise without losing it.

I don't think that the cruise will run on Dec 9th but no-one knows for sure.

Edited by bee-ess

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

We were on this cruise but moved it to next year as soon as we had the chance. 

I want to see more evidence of good practice before we cruise again. 

I hope you get to go, but I really can't see it. 

Andy 

1 hour ago, bee-ess said:

Careful you don't lose your deposit by missing payment date. You could move your deposit to a different cruise without losing it.

I don't think that the cruise will run on Dec 9th but no-one knows for sure.

I fear you are both right but we’re happy to go if it does. 

As they have already cancelled up till November 13th (is it?) I can’t see ours sailing only 3 weeks later but we can hope. 🤞🏼

• Like 1

Just now, Ehg said:

I fear you are both right but we’re happy to go if it does. 

As they have already cancelled up till November 13th (is it?) I can’t see ours sailing only 3 weeks later but we can hope. 🤞🏼

Fingers crossed for you

Andy 

3 hours ago, Ehg said:

Hello fellow cruisers,

Thanks for any info. 😊

Lizzie 

Lizzie Hi

You are in a situation whereby your cruise is not going to happen, so your choice is to move your cruise deposit to a later time, or pay up and wait your refund.or gauge when the final date is the final date. such as, oop's we were away at the time etc.

I would seek agreement with my T/A if I were to try this!

We will be in a similar situation in January, having paid a substantial deposit for a 35 day back to back cruise, leaving on the 1st May. the difference is that we do not want to go.

Keep safe!

4 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Lizzie Hi

You are in a situation whereby your cruise is not going to happen, so your choice is to move your cruise deposit to a later time, or pay up and wait your refund.or gauge when the final date is the final date. such as, oop's we were away at the time etc.

I would seek agreement with my T/A if I were to try this!

We will be in a similar situation in January, having paid a substantial deposit for a 35 day back to back cruise, leaving on the 1st May. the difference is that we do not want to go.

Keep safe!

Hello! 
Hope you are both well. I hope you’re wrong, but I suspect you’re right. 😕

If we do keep the booking I’m sure we will pay in plenty of time. I was really only wondering if others routinely waited a while to pay the final balance. 

cant you move your cruise to a later date, Ivor? X

55 minutes ago, Ehg said:

Hello! 
Hope you are both well. I hope you’re wrong, but I suspect you’re right. 😕

If we do keep the booking I’m sure we will pay in plenty of time. I was really only wondering if others routinely waited a while to pay the final balance. 

cant you move your cruise to a later date, 

Lizzie

Maybe, but only when I am sure that she will be safe!

However, I think I will take the route of what I booked , I am not going to receive, the alternatives offered are not acceptable to us, so refund my deposit please! 

Also like you, we pay on time.

have lost 3 cruises this year, 58 nights in total, all monies safely gathered in.

So cruise pot is bulging, maybe other opportunities elsewhere!

Say hello to himself!

There seems to be a theme of the delays / announcements coming out on Tuesdays at 10am.

Personally, I wouldn't miss the P&O due date at all, and if the TA was offering to receive payment closer to the mark I would be emailing them to confirm.

However, once the nearest Tuesday at 10am has past to your balance due date, you will have to decide unfortunately whether or not to:

-- Pay and accept the long wait for a full refund, or a 125% FCC if preferred.

-- Move the deposit to another cruise, preferably a shorter one in low season, so you do not have to pay them any more real money.

-- Accept loss of deposit.

Reading the other threads, including from the "mole" - who is usually close to the mark, Aurora is not necessarily top of mind when it comes to any phased restart.  Her passenger numbers are small and it is more challenging to make this commercially viable.

December is a long time away though, so hopefully things will brighten up 😃

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

There seems to be a theme of the delays / announcements coming out on Tuesdays at 10am.

Personally, I wouldn't miss the P&O due date at all, and if the TA was offering to receive payment closer to the mark I would be emailing them to confirm.

However, once the nearest Tuesday at 10am has past to your balance due date, you will have to decide unfortunately whether or not to:

-- Pay and accept the long wait for a full refund, or a 125% FCC if preferred.

-- Move the deposit to another cruise, preferably a shorter one in low season, so you do not have to pay them any more real money.

-- Accept loss of deposit.

Reading the other threads, including from the "mole" - who is usually close to the mark, Aurora is not necessarily top of mind when it comes to any phased restart.  Her passenger numbers are small and it is more challenging to make this commercially viable.

December is a long time away though, so hopefully things will brighten up 😃

Great info. 

It seems we are all very compliant. 😬

• 2 weeks later...

Our balance was due today.

We decided that it is very unlikely to go ahead and even if it does the uncertainty around ports added to mask-wearing etc does not make for a relaxing holiday. 

We have moved our booking to Aurora’s Christmas cruise next year.

Thank you all for your input. 😊

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Ehg said:

We decided that it is very unlikely to go ahead and even if it does the uncertainty around ports added to mask-wearing etc does not make for a relaxing holiday. 

Sensible choice imo.

Graham.

10 hours ago, Ehg said:

we already have posted that we would be prepared to cruise, but looking like that’s a none starter for our cruise in November.