When are 2023 cruises likely to be released?

Slytherincruiser

Hi, I was wondering if anybody had any idea when the next batch of cruises might be released for 2022/23 with P&O? I have a feeling it’s around September perhaps, I know I’ve received emails in the past mentioning previews for a week or so before release. Obviously things could be very different this year! It’s just we missed our cruise this year and I’m not that hopeful for our April 2022 one to be honest. It would just be great to have one booked I can’t feel a bit more confident about going on, anything to cheer us up at the moment, many thanks 🙂

Normally they release Summer programmes in Sept/Oct so that is when I am hoping they will be released for 2022 but if my memory serves me right they dont usually release Winter/Spring at the same time so think it will be a while before 2023 are released.

Hello,

Conscious of the bit of overlap😊, but the other point which will influence the Summer 2023 schedule, as opposed to Summer 2022/Winter 2023, is the forecast delivery date for Gala 2, which I believe is now scheduled back to roughly the end of 2022 - 9 month delay (ish).  

Two points come to mind. 

1) The actual date when Gala 2 is now forecast to complete hand over might influence when one brochure starts / ends (i.e. Gala 2 becomes a launch point?).  Although this is not a traditional tactic.

2) Given that Gala 2 is a sister to Iona, and that Iona is yet to receive paying passengers, I suppose it will be hard for P&O to estimate how strong the demand will be for Gala 2 - beyond the passenger group who like to try each new ship to the fleet etc.  No doubt whatever passengers criticise of Iona will have to be "put right" for Gala 2 - you can put a decent sum on there being some sort of angst that P&O won't have cottoned on to i.e. the Britannia lifts/staircases issue/non issue.

This will make it hard to set the pricing strategy, which points towards a delay i.e. Gala 2 will not appear in the next brochure.

Although the above is a slightly different point to the one made on Majortom's question, it is also a guess!

So it was due to be a 12 month launch in June. P&O have progressively been pushing launch dates forward.

Gala2 has moved from May 22 to December 22. No Oceana, although many expected her not to make the Summer 22 book.

Im now hearing Winter 22/23 will go on sale in March 2021. That’s too late to release Summer 2022 but they have two problems.

Firstly they have to rejig cruises for Summer 22 to cover the hole left by Gala2. Secondly they don’t want any book release to clash with a restart release.

We’ve got good new due this week re Iona handover. Might we hear more about her sister - maybe. More about Summer 22 - less likely.

Tomorrow 10am - not expecting anything. 

Finally, a full ship built, fit out and test is about 2 years start to finish. The structure and layout of the ship isn’t changing. Yes, some internal finishes could change but with little spare money, I’d expect Gala2 to be built to specified order.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

We moved a cruise this morning and asked our agent (a very well used one here), if they knew about the new releases.  I was told they do not know and had not been told, but that they were expecting details out at the end of this month, with the on sale dates probably being in early Oct.  So hopefully not long now.

Edited by tring
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Some of our friends have got FCCs burning holes in their pockets, so they're keen to know when 2023 summer goes on sale as well.

You could always ring P&O and ask them😁,  by the time you get through 2024 will be on sale.

• Haha 9

One of the problems of a wet Sunday,  is that I peruse the Sunday papers. 

Saw an advert for a 24 day cruise to Canada and back, from Southampton, on Princess,  in 2023 at prices that are a steal compared to the P&O 2022 fares.

So, do I book with Princess now, or wait for the P&O schedule to be published?

21 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Saw an advert for a 24 day cruise to Canada and back, from Southampton, on Princess,  in 2023 at prices that are a steal compared to the P&O 2022 fares.

If you're really happy with the itinerary, I would book Princess. Better food & entertainment and good loyalty benefits. If they are still offering Princess Plus at £30 a night too, it would be a no-brainer.

15 minutes ago, Britboys said:

If you're really happy with the itinerary, I would book Princess. Better food & entertainment and good loyalty benefits. If they are still offering Princess Plus at £30 a night too, it would be a no-brainer.

I agree, especially as the £30 PP package is included. But the deposit is 15%, so pretty hefty,  and Princess have "previous" for dropping prices. 

I'm just confused,  bothered and bewildered! 

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Sounds interesting.  Only the other day I mentioned to The Ole Lady about Princess Plus and the cost.  She asked why aren't we cruising with them then!  Might well be in 2023.  Thanks for posting.

4 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Sounds interesting.  Only the other day I mentioned to The Ole Lady about Princess Plus and the cost.  She asked why aren't we cruising with them then!  Might well be in 2023.  Thanks for posting.

We did a Princess seacation a couple of weeks ago and the Princess Plus for £30 per day is a no-brainer.

£30 is about $40 and for that you get free tips and Wifi and drinks up $12 a shot - usually have 2 double scotches before dinner and that alone costs $36 (drinks are expensive on Princess). So just those 2 drinks and the tips would cost $50 and  you get the rest of your drinks (you are allowed 15 per day) and the Wifi for 'free'. The only downside we could see what that you cannot have mixers in bottles or cans unless you pay for them - all drinks are made up with the syphoned stuff (and filled to the top if you don't watch it) but they are happy to serve the mixer in a separate glass. 

Edited by bee-ess
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

I asked this question whilst onboard the Iona. The lady said initially they had hoped by the end of the month but now didn't expect release date to be before mid October. 

Thanks, do you know if that means cruise itineraries published mid October, or was that the expected on sale dates.

I was sorting my emails and found an invite for pre-registration from my TA which also indicated that I could book from 12 Nov - last year of course. So it was almost mid November before they went on sale last year for summer 2022.

Edited by Ardennais
  • Thanks 1