Probably a stupid idea

jptoz

My family and I have a March cruise booked out of San Juan. Wife came to me yesterday saying she didn't think it would be smart to leave  out of San Juan, And would rather just hop on  a ship from our  home port (cape Liberty). No flight,  no hotel. I'm not ready to give up hope, and would rather cancel closer to final payment date.  So here is my dumb idea. Can you have 2 bookings for 2 different ships, leaving on the same day. And what would I be on the hook for money wise. (I think $400, but not sure on the cruise that I cancel) The San Juan cruise is a non refundable deposit.  Would the $400 be issued as a FCC . Thanks for any info, advice.

2 minutes ago, jptoz said:

My family and I have a March cruise booked out of San Juan. Wife came to me yesterday saying she didn't think it would be smart to leave  out of San Juan, And would rather just hop on  a ship from our  home port (cape Liberty). No flight,  no hotel. I'm not ready to give up hope, and would rather cancel closer to final payment date.  So here is my dumb idea. Can you have 2 bookings for 2 different ships, leaving on the same day. And what would I be on the hook for money wise. (I think $400, but not sure on the cruise that I cancel) The San Juan cruise is a non refundable deposit.  Would the $400 be issued as a FCC . Thanks for any info, advice.

I believe with the CWC deal you can certainly book both, just cancel one you don't decide to go on, You will be isuued a FCC for whatever you paid, good for a year from the cancel date., just be sure to cancel before 48 hours before cruise date at the latest.

11 minutes ago, jptoz said:

Yes, you can even have 2 reservations on the same ship in the same names.