Lost without Calico Jacks

Tedder

Calico Jacks has been our go to spot for years. 
Now that it's gone can anyone recommend something similar?
Thanks     

Personally, I’d wait until after cruising resumes in 2021 and see what’s open then. The two most popular beach spots for cruise visitors, Royal Palms and Calico Jacks, have both closed permanently during the lockdown. No idea at this point what will replace them, or even if anything will.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just posted a mini review on Coral Beach on another thread, so rather than repeat myself I suggest you check that out.  

We have quite a while before we get the island open to short-term visitors again, and who knows what business ventures may start up once we see firmer dats coming on when that will start.

Another thing to bear in mind is a more do-it-yourself beach experience - the whole of Seven Mile Beach is public, even above the water line, so as long as you are willing to throw a towel down on the sand and sit, you can head to a grocery store before you hit the beach and get all sorts of neat prepared foods, along with local fruits or juices and have a really nice experience. If you want adult beverages there are stores where you can get beer and wine and take down there. If you pack a collapsible insulated bag when you go on the cruise, then you will be able to keep them at least cool. I realize that it doesn't have a "resort feel" like Royal Palms did, but I think it could be an awesome experience, and you would be able to find a spot of the beach that is a lot quieter...

• Like 1