Cruise Critic News: What Is Happening with 2021 World Cruises?

LauraS

• Administrators

(1:10 p.m. EDT) -- With the travel and cruise industries in a state of limbo because of the global COVID-19 health pandemic, one of cruising's time-honored traditions is at risk of not happening next year. World cruises are often seen as the pinnacle of all voyages. These massive, months-long journeys, which span multiple continents and visit ...

news?d=yIl2AUoC8zA news?d=qj6IDK7rITs
tjTDTtlhw4A

View the full article

On 8/25/2020 at 10:31 AM, LauraS said:

(1:10 p.m. EDT) -- With the travel and cruise industries in a state of limbo because of the global COVID-19 health pandemic, one of cruising's time-honored traditions is at risk of not happening next year. World cruises are often seen as the pinnacle of all voyages. These massive, months-long journeys, which span multiple continents and visit ...

news?d=yIl2AUoC8zA news?d=qj6IDK7rITs

tjTDTtlhw4A

View the full article

Thanks for sharing that article.  A very good (but sad) update.

I've got a first-ever, bucket list world cruise booked in 2022 and the final payment is not due until the end of September 2021.  By then things will either be back to normal or it will be the zombie apocalypse. 

Keeping my fingers crossed for a worldwide vaccine by then.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

Having done 45 cruises ,And now 4 cancelled due to pandement The last  one Volendam 74 day for 1/4/21 Holland just cancelled now they want to move us to same ship on 1/4/22 &give us $500. Xtra OBC NOT HAPPY. More info. to follow.Any sugestions ? Thanks.

6 minutes ago, cricketcj1 said:

Having done 45 cruises ,And now 4 cancelled due to pandement The last  one Volendam 74 day for 1/4/21 Holland just cancelled now they want to move us to same ship on 1/4/22 &give us $500. Xtra OBC NOT HAPPY. More info. to follow.Any sugestions ? Thanks.

Certainly a difficult time.   I suspect we will see more cruises being cancelled into early to mid 2021.  If the new date in 2022 works for you then I would say accept the offer.