Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
disneyochem

Knew it was coming..

Recommended Posts

Just received an email from Princess canceling our January 4, 2021 Panama Canal Cruise (14 days, FFL to LA) on the Island Princess.  Was offered 100% refundable FCC on our cruise fare and a bonus non refundable 25% FCC.  Very disappointing but fortunately Princess is doing the same cruise in January 2022.  We had put deposit on a min suite ‘just in case’ our cruise was cancelled!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Was that a segment of the world cruise?  I did see that Princess posted this today:  https://www.princess.com/news/notices_and_advisories/notices/world-cruise-cancellations-early-2021.html 

 

Edited to add:  I should have looked further - it isn't a segment of the world cruise but is on the list https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/pause-early-2021-world-cruise-south-america.pdf 

Edited by azbirdmom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 14 day Panama Canal cruise was the first segment of the world cruise depending on where you start the world cruise.  The world cruise could have been booked Ft. L to Ft. L or LA to LA.  For those starting the w/c in LA they do the canal as their last segment in April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, disneyochem said:

Just received an email from Princess canceling our January 4, 2021 Panama Canal Cruise (14 days, FFL to LA) on the Island Princess.  Was offered 100% refundable FCC on our cruise fare and a bonus non refundable 25% FCC.  Very disappointing but fortunately Princess is doing the same cruise in January 2022.  We had put deposit on a min suite ‘just in case’ our cruise was cancelled!

 

Am I understanding this cancellation correctly?

 

Fare need to be paid in full.  Was finally payment due before this announcement?

 

If you only had a deposit on it, then you got nothing more (fair).  

 

Or does this mean that I could reserve any cruise in hopes that it will be cancelled and receive a 25% FCC?  

 

Guests currently booked on these cancelled voyages will receive a refundable Future Cruise Credit (FCC) equivalent to 100% of the cruise fare paid plus an additional non-refundable bonus FCC equal to 25% of the cruise fare paid. To receive the above FCCs, no action is required by the guest or their travel advisor.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear, but not a surprise.  No way could any cruise ship sail given the current health situation.  

 

Hopefully you can do it in 2023 or something like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If not until 2023 can FCC be extended? I have to book by March 30, 2021 on 1 and sail by May 2022 on 2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

 

Am I understanding this cancellation correctly?

 

Fare need to be paid in full.  Was finally payment due before this announcement?

 

If you only had a deposit on it, then you got nothing more (fair).  

 

Or does this mean that I could reserve any cruise in hopes that it will be cancelled and receive a 25% FCC?  

 

Guests currently booked on these cancelled voyages will receive a refundable Future Cruise Credit (FCC) equivalent to 100% of the cruise fare paid plus an additional non-refundable bonus FCC equal to 25% of the cruise fare paid. To receive the above FCCs, no action is required by the guest or their travel advisor.

 

 

Sigh......yes, we had paid our fare in full.  I’m fully aware of what I will be receiving and not receiving from Princess due to this cancellation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chipmaster said:

Sorry to hear, but not a surprise.  No way could any cruise ship sail given the current health situation.  

 

Hopefully you can do it in 2023 or something like that. 

Yeah, I had cancelled everything else (Hotel, air) in early August. As much as we were looking forward to this cruise (and our five days in New Orleans prior), we knew it wouldn’t happen.  We live in California.....

 

Here’s hoping we can do this cruise in 2022!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ombud said:

If not until 2023 can FCC be extended? I have to book by March 30, 2021 on 1 and sail by May 2022 on 2. 

My email said I had to book by May 1, 2022.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I wish.  I'm 2 days b4 pause 1 (book by 3/31/21) and pause 1 (sail by 05/1/22). They're all different

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am booked on the cruise for December 20, 2020 Panama Canal cruise 15 days. It hasn;t been cancelled............................yet!!!

Kathy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I am booked on the cruise for December 20, 2020 Panama Canal cruise 15 days. It hasn;t been cancelled............................yet!!!
Kathy

This world cruise cancellation is just the sad truth that our December cruise will be cancelled as well. I suppose I too knew it was coming.. it’s just sad that we haven’t been able to get safety protocols in place to cruise
Wonder when we will be notified...


Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rabin1 said:

I am booked on the cruise for December 20, 2020 Panama Canal cruise 15 days. It hasn;t been cancelled............................yet!!!

Kathy

 

We were also on this cruise and got a cancellation notice last night.

We have only paid a $100/pp deposit so the extra $25 incentive isn't enough to let that deposit turn into a future FCC.

I'm disappointed but wasn't really expecting for things to have settled down by then given the trajectory of the last 6 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, disneyochem said:

Sigh......yes, we had paid our fare in full.  I’m fully aware of what I will be receiving and not receiving from Princess due to this cancellation.

Basically if you don't accept the offer you receive 100% of the fare paid back at some undetermined time in the future. If you do accept the offer you receive 100% of the cruise fare paid as refundable FCC plus a bonus of 25% of the cruise fare in non refundable FCC. You can then apply both the refundable and non refundable to the charge for your planned 2022 cruise when payment is due. Can you change the unused FCC, if any, into OBC, or does it remain in your account to be applied to the fare if you book another cruise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chamima said:

 

We were also on this cruise and got a cancellation notice last night.

We have only paid a $100/pp deposit so the extra $25 incentive isn't enough to let that deposit turn into a future FCC.

I'm disappointed but wasn't really expecting for things to have settled down by then given the trajectory of the last 6 months.

I would take a 25% return on my money at any time, but I believe the risk of loss is very small.  
A cruise around the world with all the different country specific COVID requirement would be a logistic nightmare for a while, even if good ship protocols were in place.  
I am still holding out some hope for early 2021 with more limited ports.  At least the trajectory is improving.  Let us hope the positive trend in FL continues.  Without Florida, cruising will not happen for most of us.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chamima said:

 

We were also on this cruise and got a cancellation notice last night.

We have only paid a $100/pp deposit so the extra $25 incentive isn't enough to let that deposit turn into a future FCC.

I'm disappointed but wasn't really expecting for things to have settled down by then given the trajectory of the last 6 months.

Hi

I did not get a cancellation yet.................maybe today. It is also still for sale on the Princess site

Kathy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, skynight said:

Basically if you don't accept the offer you receive 100% of the fare paid back at some undetermined time in the future. If you do accept the offer you receive 100% of the cruise fare paid as refundable FCC plus a bonus of 25% of the cruise fare in non refundable FCC. You can then apply both the refundable and non refundable to the charge for your planned 2022 cruise when payment is due. Can you change the unused FCC, if any, into OBC, or does it remain in your account to be applied to the fare if you book another cruise. 

From what I understand (through my TA via Princess) is that the unused FCC just stays on our account.  No OBC—which would have been nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chamima said:

 

We were also on this cruise and got a cancellation notice last night.

We have only paid a $100/pp deposit so the extra $25 incentive isn't enough to let that deposit turn into a future FCC.

I'm disappointed but wasn't really expecting for things to have settled down by then given the trajectory of the last 6 months.

Upon further reflection this is not a very good deal.  Are you sure?  When my two cruises were cancelled, I was offered a 100% bonus on my deposit if I selected that option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chamima said:

 

We were also on this cruise and got a cancellation notice last night.

We have only paid a $100/pp deposit so the extra $25 incentive isn't enough to let that deposit turn into a future FCC.

I'm disappointed but wasn't really expecting for things to have settled down by then given the trajectory of the last 6 months.

I don;t know who you got a cancellation notice from but it was not Princess. Do you have the right date?

I just spoke to my cruise planner at Princess and she said they are still taking bookings and it has not at this time been cancelled.

Kathy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

I don;t know who you got a cancellation notice from but it was not Princess. Do you have the right date?

I just spoke to my cruise planner at Princess and she said they are still taking bookings and it has not at this time been cancelled.

Kathy

 

I got a cancellation notice from Princess last night and then another one from my TA this morning.

Your CP at Princess needs to update herself.

This is copied from the link I received:

 

ShipTradeSail DateVoyage Days ItineraryPortsIslandCaribbean20-Dec-20210114Circle CaribbeanFLL1-FLLIslandPanama Canal3-Jan-21210214Panama Canal ConnoisseurFLL1-LAXIslandWorld3-Jan-212102A111World Cruise - Roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/pause-early-2021-world-cruise-south-america.pdf

 

Edited by chamima

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

Upon further reflection this is not a very good deal.  Are you sure?  When my two cruises were cancelled, I was offered a 100% bonus on my deposit if I selected that option. 

Here is the wording of my offer:

 

We hope you will stick with us by accepting this special higher value Future Cruise Credit offer:

  • 100% value of cruise fare paid as a refundable FCC
  • Bonus non-refundable FCC equal to 25% of the cruise fare paid

This requires no action from you and gives our team a chance to shine at a later date by using the Future Cruise Credit above on any voyage booked by May 1, 2022.

 

I should also say that we had 3 fall cruises cancelled and the offer for those was what you received - Deposit plus 100% bonus - if we didn't take a refund. (I actually think the bonus might have been 125%)

They've had to cancel so many cruises that they probably have to tone down the offers.

Edited by chamima

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, chamima said:

 

I got a cancellation notice from Princess last night and then another one from my TA this morning.

Your CP at Princess needs to update herself.

This is copied from the link I received:

 

ShipTradeSail DateVoyage Days ItineraryPortsIslandCaribbean20-Dec-20210114Circle CaribbeanFLL1-FLLIslandPanama Canal3-Jan-21210214Panama Canal ConnoisseurFLL1-LAXIslandWorld3-Jan-212102A111World Cruise - Roundtrip Ft. Lauderdale

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/pause-early-2021-world-cruise-south-america.pdf

 

If you READ my post it said Dec 20 2020 not 2021. You have my cruise planner all in a tizzy because you are giving FALSE information. This is why I mostly ignore cc to much false info and people not reading. duh!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

If you READ my post it said Dec 20 2020 not 2021. You have my cruise planner all in a tizzy because you are giving FALSE information. This is why I mostly ignore cc to much false info and people not reading. duh!!!!!!

 

The cruise we had cancelled was for December 20, 2020.

 

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/pause-early-2021-world-cruise-south-america.pdf

Edited by chamima

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, chamima said:

going to try one final time to help you comprehend. The one I am talking about which is NOT cancelled is Panama Leaves LA Dec 20 to Fll 15 days. LOOK it up it is NOT cancelled. CC gives me a headache. Will not say another word about this. Over and out. Please do not respond I am correct if you have questions look it up on the Princess website it is still selling.. I don;t respond well to having my time wasted as in this case. JEEZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

going to try one final time to help you comprehend. The one I am talking about which is NOT cancelled is Panama Leaves LA Dec 20 to Fll 15 days. LOOK it up it is NOT cancelled. CC gives me a headache. Will not say another word about this. Over and out. Please do not respond I am correct if you have questions look it up on the Princess website it is still selling.. I don;t respond well to having my time wasted as in this case. JEEZ

My understanding is that this thread is about the Island Princess (World Cruise and Segments).  You are cruising on the Emerald Princess.

 

Edited by Abercrombie2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...