2021 World Cruise Canceled!

LACruiser88

9 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Our 2021 World Cruise has been canceled!!!  This sucks!

Disappointing to be sure but.....................Would you rather gamble with your lives. Wait until there's a vaccine and go with confidence later. 

• Like 4

We were on HAL’s 2021 WC, but last month we were advised our cruise was “postponed” until January 2022.  This week I received a new booking number showing a comparable cabin.  I never saw anything in writing about our canceling rights, although the travel agent mentioned that option in a phone conversation.  We’ve been given $250 pp OBC for the “inconvenience.”

• Like 1

I'm not really surprised. All of the Island Princess World Cruise segments have been cancelled up to the beginning of April 2021.  We're booked on Island the end of May and I've been telling my wife I expected it to be cancelled. It's pretty weird the cruises they have cancelled vs the ones that will never sail but are still listed for booking.

Edited by Thrak

7 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Disappointing to be sure but.....................Would you rather gamble with your lives. Wait until there's a vaccine and go with confidence later. 

I think the main reason it was cancelled as there was no certainty that the ports on the itinerary would allow the ship to go there.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I totally agree with you!!   You may be disappointed but what if you paid for the World Cruise and you had to wait 3 or 4 months to get your money back. 
Tony 

Edited by Lucky TGO
  • Like 1

We were on the New Years portion of the cancelled cruise(s).

Am I correct that if we don't request a refund we would only get an extra 25% of our deposit as an FCC ?

We booked with $100/pp deposits so if I cancel now I get $100 but if I let it ride I get $125 ?

Not much of an incentive.

I just read that Island Princess' World Cruise and it's associated segments as well as all remaining voyages that had been planned for the Island before then..

Also, reading that the Pacific Princess "2021 circle South America" sailing from Australia and it's associated cruises along the route. are also cancelled. 

😔

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

I'm not really surprised. All of the Island Princess World Cruise segments have been cancelled up to the beginning of April 2021.  We're booked on Island the end of May and I've been telling my wife I expected it to be cancelled. It's pretty weird the cruises they have cancelled vs the ones that will never sail but are still listed for booking.

True...since I wasn't sure what cruises are part of the the world cruise, I went to check on our sailing.  Of course it's still listed as "on". 
I wouldn't be surprised if ours is eventually cancelled as well.  If so....we will just have to book one for 2022!  (We currently have another booked for November.)

11 minutes ago, drsel said:

It's sad, but inevitable because of the risk

I'm wondering if it has more to do with the various countries not being open to tourists since the risks of the virus are the same no matter what sailing you are on.   

4 hours ago, chamima said:

We were on the New Years portion of the cancelled cruise(s).

Am I correct that if we don't request a refund we would only get an extra 25% of our deposit as an FCC ?

We booked with $100/pp deposits so if I cancel now I get $100 but if I let it ride I get $125 ?

Not much of an incentive.

Yes. If Princess continued with the last refund/FCC plan you would get a refund of $100 (or return of your FCD if unexpired) OR you could opt for double deposit FCC=$200 FCC.  But yesterday’s announcement cut it down to just $125 FCC or $100 refund.

Edited by cherylandtk

3 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

If Princess continues with the last refund/FCC plan you would get a refund of $100 (or return of your FCD if unexpired) OR you could opt for double deposit FCC=$200 FCC.  

but it looks like Princess is not doing that for the world cruise according to numerous posts here and the Princess website

wonder when final payment is/was due ??🍻

Edited by voljeep

7 hours ago, drsel said:

Right now, a Cruise to nowhere (without any ports), would be the safest option.

Or a Norwegian fjords cruise or Alaska Cruise just for the scenery

That is essentially what we ending up doing while on the Coral back in March. Our last port was on March 13th (Friday) and we didn't get into Miami until April 4th.   And that is when the virus spread....up until the 13th there were no reported cases onboard...until there was! 

9 hours ago, voljeep said:

but it looks like Princess is not doing that for the world cruise according to numerous posts here and the Princess website

wonder when final payment is/was due ??🍻

I was booked on the WC 2021 Venice to LA segment and Voljeep you are correct.  All I am getting is my FCD back to my account, nothing more and that will likely take weeks to months to happen.  My final payment was not due until 12/02/2020.  Nice way to say "sorry" your cruise has been cancelled, huh?

17 hours ago, caribill said:

I think the main reason it was cancelled as there was no certainty that the ports on the itinerary would allow the ship to go there.

Think about it.  Itinerary:

Day 1-Sea Day

Day 2-Sea Day

Day 3-Sea Day

Day 4-Sea Day

Day 5-Sea Day

Day 6-Sea Day

Day 110-Sea Day

Day 111-Sea Day

Day 112-Sea Day

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Think about it.  Itinerary:

Day 1-Sea Day

Day 2-Sea Day

Day 3-Sea Day

Day 4-Sea Day

Day 5-Sea Day

Day 6-Sea Day

Day 110-Sea Day

Day 111-Sea Day

Day 112-Sea Day

And with all sea days, no way to change out the entertainment in the show lounge. Same performers for 112 days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/25/2020 at 4:42 PM, LACruiser88 said:

Our 2021 World Cruise has been canceled!!!  This sucks!

Sorry : ( I think it's most countries not letting passengers in maybe.

Try for the following year. I think there would be less uncertainty and everyone will be more confident then.