Nieuw Statendam summer 2021

frankh1969

I’m pretty sure they won’t be selling their newest ship. I noticed all the Summer NS cruises disappeared as well as all Copenhagen departures. 

im guessing they are moving everyone from the cancelled cruises from the sold ships to NS before opening to everyone else, but that’s just a guess. 

32 minutes ago, frankh1969 said:

Are they going to post the Nieuw Statendam summer 2021 cruises schedule.. Or is this next ship to be sold.

Why don’t you reach out to HAL instead of asking a question that no one on this board can answer correctly even though some here think they know all and see all regarding HAL.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Maybe I can shed a little light on this. We are booked on NS for a June 2021 Baltic and were moved by HAL to a late August slightly different version of the Baltic, which won't work for us as our grandchildren, who were joining us, will be back in school by then. When HAL notified us of the change due to the sale of the 4 ships, they asked that we wait 4-6 weeks before calling or asking to change anything to give them time to complete the summer schedule. I estimate that 6 weeks should be about mid-September, so hoping the  new NS trips will be on the website around that time. Hope that helps.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

im guessing they are moving everyone from the cancelled cruises from the sold ships to NS before opening to everyone else, but that’s just a guess. 

I was booked on the Ryndam July 2021. When HAL changed the name to Rotterdam and announced that delivery would be delayed, HAL moved me to the NS, same date, same cabin (notified via email). But on HAL's website, I was listed as being on the Rotterdam for almost 4 weeks before I was on the "correct" ship.

But there's something still wrong with the website because I can't book flights, even though I'm supposed be able to do this 330 days out.

• Like 1

We were booked on NS out of Copenhagen for a Northern Isles cruise (14-day Norway, Iceland, Scotland) followed by a 17 day Baltic and Norway in August and September of 2021.  They were replacement cruises for our August 2020 B2B cruises.  We were moved by HAL two weeks ago from the NS out of Copenhagen to cruises on the (new) Rotterdam out of Amsterdam.  The cruises were no longer back-to-back, and we couldn't get the aft balcony cabin we had booked on NS, so we cancelled the whole thing.  We were not offered replacement cruises on NS, just on Rotterdam.  I got the same impression as WNCruiser above, that they're trying to accommodate cruisers from the sold ships first since we were already on NS and were not offered to rebook a new itinerary on the same ship, or maybe the new itineraries weren't worked out yet.

When we spoke with our PCC a few weeks ago, we were ready to cancel our planned July 2021 sailing on NS after being informed of timing/itinerary changes that we weren't keen on. He explained that with the sale of the four ships, a lot of redeployments/shifting itineraries was going on and would take some time to be finalized. When we made the booking/paid deposit, there was a very nice set of promotions associated with it (as well as an itinerary we really liked). Waiting to see what the new itineraries will offer is acceptable to us. Like so many on these boards, we just hope we can board a Dam ship soon! 😊

9 hours ago, dobiemom said:

I was booked on the Ryndam July 2021. When HAL changed the name to Rotterdam and announced that delivery would be delayed, HAL moved me to the NS, same date, same cabin (notified via email). But on HAL's website, I was listed as being on the Rotterdam for almost 4 weeks before I was on the "correct" ship.

But there's something still wrong with the website because I can't book flights, even though I'm supposed be able to do this 330 days out.

I understand that Seattle, like the ships, have minimum staff working.   Most of the Office staff is off through November 30th. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Himself said:

I understand that Seattle, like the ships, have minimum staff working.   Most of the Office staff is off through November 30th. 

Thank you, Father. I'm just anxious to book and start dreaming about my cruise. 😉

I got a notice from HAL around the end of July that my original July 4 cruise on the new Rotterdam was switched to a July 11 sailing on the Nieuw Statendam, due to the delay of the Rotterdam's construction. The notice said I would get a new confirmation code within 4-6 weeks. Today, I saw that I now have the new confirmation code (got no email notification from HAL) and the July 11 itinerary listed on my booking, but I could not find any June or July Norway cruises on HAL's website. I suspect that HAL is still sorting out the June and July 2021 Northern Europe sailings, but am having another person in my travel group contact our travel agent to see if that is the case or the sailings are now fully booked due to moving all these passengers around.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got switched from July sailing to August sailing on NS.  Pricing showed up as way lower (by 50%) but after waiting 4 days for the confirmation, they sent a new confirmation with it showing at $2100 more per person!!  I questioned it being so low at first, but the reservation person said that is what it was, then when I got the new pricing I almost fainted.  If I have the lower price in writing wouldn't they have to honor that pricing?  They're trying to say it was a pricing error.

On 8/25/2020 at 8:34 PM, frankh1969 said:

Are they going to post the Nieuw Statendam summer 2021 cruises schedule.. Or is this next ship to be sold.

I am pretty sure its on the HAL website as of yesterday.  HAL made a big announcement about the summer Europe sailings and it was part of it as I recall.  Look at my post about 5 Holland ships.

Edited by DaveOKC

11 hours ago, Taters said:

NS has some really great new itineraries for summer 2021.  But WHOA are they ever expensive.  I was looking at the British Isles cruise, but I will not pay those prices.  

Do the prices include airfare?  I read that they are including airfare in the press release.  Europe Cruise prices for 2021 seem unchanged on the European website.

22 hours ago, Taters said:

NS has some really great new itineraries for summer 2021.  But WHOA are they ever expensive.  I was looking at the British Isles cruise, but I will not pay those prices.  

Actually I am very surprised about the prices as well. I suppose they are waiting for some super high demand on the cruises (no matter what the cruise will be). And you will be surprised - but they are right. The demand is super high right now. People are eager to cruise like never before. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Do the prices include airfare?  I read that they are including airfare in the press release.  Europe Cruise prices for 2021 seem unchanged on the European website.

Nope - The Have It All is the current promotion.  Even if they included air, the fares would still be too high.

Edited by Taters

38 minutes ago, Taters said:

Nope - The Have It All is the current promotion.  Even if they included air, the fares would still be too high.

VMax1700 is in Ireland. The promo for European sailings may be different in the EU than in the US.

currently (booking via the US website) I find that HAL are competitive with Princess, NCL and Celebrity for European sailings in 2021.  This is both for fares with and without perks. 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

VMax1700 is in Ireland. The promo for European sailings may be different in the EU than in the US.

currently (booking via the US website) I find that HAL are competitive with Princess, NCL and Celebrity for European sailings in 2021.  This is both for fares with and without perks. 

You are correct!  It is a UK only Promo 🙄.  I just read it in my news feed and presumed that it was a USA promo as we tend to not get many promos.  We don't have the advantage of refaring.  However looking at Euro prices and using VPN to look at USA prices, there is not much of a difference at current FX rates, except for the benefit of refaring.

Edited by VMax1700

8 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Ask for the rate without the Have it all .

I am getting both Have It All and Private Fare (without any inclusions) rates when I log into my HAL account.  The Private Fare is super high, too.  This is just a cruise that I will not go on, I guess.  🤣

Edited by Taters

On 9/11/2020 at 7:51 PM, Taters said:

I realize that cruise fares fluctuate constantly and so was intrigued by your comment regarding the British Isles cruise on the Neuw Statendam for 2021. We were booked on the cancelled British Isles cruise for this year on the departed Rotterdam VI. Our Vista Suite on that cruise, same itinerary, was approximately $700.00 more expensive than next year's on the Neuw Statendam. I guess a larger ship can spread costs easier. I am glad that HAL hasn't abandoned this itinerary and may attempt it in 2022. 

• Like 1