The Daily for Wednesday Aug 26, 2020

richwmn

today is National Dog Day, Womens Equality Day, and Musical Yoga Day 

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
        -- Olivier

Meal suggestion for today - South-of-the-Border Chicken Salad with Tequila Lime Dressing

Wine of the day - Felton Road Pinot Noir Central Otago Bannockburn vintage 2017

Gulf Bridge (Amsterdam Luggage) at Sea Caribbean destination Miami eta 8/27
Ship is still showing South of Tallahassee and west of Tampa

At Sea Atlantic
Eurodam destination Fortaleza Brazil eta 9/8
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Fortaleza Brazil eta 9/7
Volendam destination Gibraltar eta 9/8
Westerdam destination Gibraltar eta 9/9

At Sea Indian
Noordam destination Limassol eta 9/10
Zuiderdam is still listed as being at Port Klang but is sailing with Noordam

Piraeus
Maasdam

Katakolo
Veendam

Punta Arenas
Koningsdam
Oosterdam

Rotterdam
Amsterdam - at Rotterdam Botlek
Rotterdam - at Rotterdam Botlek

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam - currently running of the Netherlands

0826world.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for the report today.  National Dog Day will certainly be popular here, and National Woman's Equality Day is certainly appropriate.  I wonder if we have any Musical Yoga Fans but it certainly seems like a good class on a ship.  So true on the quote.

Today’s care list:

Family and friends of Summer slope's neighbor

Fatcat's MIL

Mrs Vmax

Mrs Sailingdutchy (Martha)and Mr. Victoriann (Pat) dealing with back issues

Those dealing with wildfires

Rain and relief for Phoenix and much of the southwest

Teachers and Students

Dr. Fauci for continued recovery

Those waiting for Laura, including Seasick Sailor and traveingbums

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

About 15 people in my county burned out of their apartments

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Welcome ChaCr and 57Redbord and Horizonchaser1957

Contributions of occasional posters like LoveTheBeach

Behind the scenes photos

Sharon's in-laws

Front line health workers

Canadian fire crews responding to wildfires

Dr. Fauci back at work while still recovering

Crews from my county’s easternmost station and a neighboring Baltimore County station who battled a serious fire just an hour after an extreme heat alert was called and also rescued a cat and guinea pig. They also carried and used a special pet oxygen mask.   (Photo courtesy of Howard County Fire and Rescue)

pets.thumb.jpg.1e953dd00a21b1a0b90d20712c6c1ce9.jpg

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

A few days ago I posted a sunrise in Saint John, NB.  This is from the same trip.  After Saint John I traveled by train to Montreal and dropped in on my cousin about 20 miles to the south.  This sunrise was taken from his farm, the family homestead since the 1850's.

dawn0826.jpg

Roy

• Like 17

Rich & Roy, you both omitted a very important day/reason to celebrate from your posts!

Today we are celebrating “International Thank You Rich & Roy for Making the Daily So Special Day”! 

So my fellow Dailyites- Wherever you are, whenever you toast, please raise your glass to these two gentlemen!

Live long & prosper, gentlemen!
🥂

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

"Female dog doing musical yoga"

A few mad dog jokes that'll make the kids cringe!

Yes Ann! Today is our International day of thanks to Rich and Roy!

Good morning Rich. I wanted to say I love to wake up with you each morning, but that just sounds wrong. So I will just say Thanks. We are meeting friends at our favorite Mexican restaurant. Perhaps they will serve south of the border chicken.

Awaiting Cat's wine review.

Good morning my sweet sisters Ann and Denise. Denise I caught your thread late on toasting to @erewhon, so had to take out my glass and toast with ya'll again.

Roy thank you for the care and celebrations listing. Praying for all and everyone. Especially those suffering fires and hurricanes.

Love your picture of your old homestead.

So Claudio and his guys came yesterday and planted 2 - 30 gallon Muskogee Crape Myrtles. Our yard is hard as granite and the limestone chunks they cut out of the hole were huge. They also planted another dozen flowers. Claudio is always throwing something into the mix for me. Now our neighbor next door wants more trees of course!

I am excited to toast tonight to Rich and Roy. Thank you for giving time and talent to our little community thread.

Have an awesome day. Welcome to all the new posters, wow! Send a note, text, email, card.. to someone who could use one.

Love ya'll!

• Like 11

Good morning. Thank you Rich and Roy for the wonderful work you do for all of us. 

I’m a little gloomy today and in a funk. Haven’t been to a restaurant since St. Patrick’s day.  Only bright spot is our cruise in March. Now that may not happen. Smart, caution on the part of the cruise lines but still.  

ok enough feeling sorry for myself. This thread is a super bright spot in our lives and I thank all of you. I make cards and would love to send some to you all.  

Have a wonderful hump day!

• Like 7

First, HAPPY THANK YOU DAY to Rich and Roy!!   👏💥👏🎉👏

The meal suggestion sounds great. One of our favorite meals is Chic Fil A’s Southwest Chicken Salad with Avocado Lime Dressing. I think I’ll just have to drive through and pick a couple of those up today!

(No indoor dining there yet). 

• Like 7

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. What a great day! Dogs, Women💪🏻, and musical Yoga.  @Seasick Sailor, Joy - Bindi practices Doga, with or without music.

4E879597-E32C-4820-8B81-E768D0BBB296.jpeg
The quote is so true & the meal sounds great!  I will either be raising a tropical fruit vodka smoothie to Rich & Roy tonight, or a glass of Meiomi Pinot Noir. Depends on whether I am inside or outside, I think. 

Prayers to those who need our support.

🥂 to those celebrating, or who we are celebrating - you know who you are!

Stay well everyone!

Today’s wine - if you can find it, is priced right around the top of my budget $49.99. But it is a very well rated Pinot Noir, my fave red. So I am putting this on my list, in hopes I can find it. And @Vict0riann & @ger_77 - those forest floor notes are back. 🤔

#12 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2018

The aroma leads to a bright and lifted combination of red and dark fruits with considerable florals. On the palate, there is a combination of transparency, power and tension. The silky entry of spice and savory notes expand to pure, deep fruits, braced with acidity, but luscious throughout. The frame is a finely woven lattice work: intricate and detailed with astrong sense of longevity. This exemplary wine is a blend of four properties that elegantly expresses the graceful and more subtle side of Pinot Noir from Bannockburn.

WS96
Wine Spectator
Elegant, fresh and vibrant, this red starts off wonderfully perfumed, with lavender, white pepper and green tea notes that accentuate the purity of the cherry and raspberry flavors. Polished tannins still provide some grip on the finish, where white truffle and forest floor details linger. Drink now through 2032.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

Roy,

Thanks for including us in your prayers, we certainly need them! We try to keep our sense of humor, it can be a very funny disease if you like to go hunting daily for things. I could also use a cabin steward about now!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gsel said:

Roy,

Thanks for including us in your prayers, we certainly need them! We try to keep our sense of humor, it can be a very funny disease if you like to go hunting daily for things. I could also use a cabin steward about now!

I see Texas, are you in the danger zone for Laura?

Roy

• Like 1

Thanks to Rich and Roy and all the other happy people on this board.  You all bring a bright spot to my day.

I only have some California Pinot Noir wines in the wine cooler - nothing from New Zealand - but I'll raise a glass tonight, hopefully with a glorious sunset in the distance.

The sunset in this picture was in SC looking over the Charleston Harbor from the other side of the river.  I have no idea how we got lucky enough to see the crescent moon in the sky right above the sun as it was setting, but it was a treat that evening last year.  Cheers to Rich, Roy, and all the lovely people here!1656818986_MoonandsunCharleston1119.thumb.jpg.62e15cbc7b3500895e3dde39d95d594b.jpg

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, superoma said:

I don’t post often but do enjoy this thread every day. Thanks to Rich and Roy and everyone else who does post every day.

Celebrating national dog day with our granddog, a very sweet tempered Labradoodle.
85ccb60fd4f39cac1aceb78a5f4b0027.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello to you & your Granddog!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheKingD said:

Thanks to Rich and Roy and all the other happy people on this board.  You all bring a bright spot to my day.

I only have some California Pinot Noir wines in the wine cooler - nothing from New Zealand - but I'll raise a glass tonight, hopefully with a glorious sunset in the distance.

The sunset in this picture was in SC looking over the Charleston Harbor from the other side of the river.  I have no idea how we got lucky enough to see the crescent moon in the sky right above the sun as it was setting, but it was a treat that evening last year.  Cheers to Rich, Roy, and all the lovely people here!1656818986_MoonandsunCharleston1119.thumb.jpg.62e15cbc7b3500895e3dde39d95d594b.jpg

Breathtaking!

• Like 2

Good morning!  Rain stopped yesterday and everyone is safe from flooding.

For National Dog Day, a photo of my granddog Gracie waiting for Grandpa to drop something tasty while basting a turkey (maybe a pinch of stuffing??).  Gracie will be 5 years old tomorrow and is a poodle/King Charles Spaniel mix, also called a Cavapoo.

image.thumb.png.d60c08e80935d3c8d89b247ef20f85bf.png

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Good morning everyone!

I've been lurking here, following along on all the wonderful positive notes and pictures, for quite a while. It's always a wonderful way to start the day, and check back in later in the afternoon.  Thanks so much Rich for keeping track of all the wonderful HAL ships - wish I had a cruise planned right now!  Thank you Roy for the care and cheer lists, and your beautiful sunrise pictures - they really are so special, and I keep all those in my prayers (both cares and cheers!).

We don't have a dog, but have been able to enjoy dog-sitting for our niece Charlene (pure-bred Poodle).  She had to be put down earlier this spring, as she was suffering from kidney and other problems.  She was such a sweetheart!

Hope everyone enjoys the day, stays cool as possible and safe from storms!

Laura

IMG_3716.JPG

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, kplady said:

Good morning everyone!

I've been lurking here, following along on all the wonderful positive notes and pictures, for quite a while. It's always a wonderful way to start the day, and check back in later in the afternoon.  Thanks so much Rich for keeping track of all the wonderful HAL ships - wish I had a cruise planned right now!  Thank you Roy for the care and cheer lists, and your beautiful sunrise pictures - they really are so special, and I keep all those in my prayers (both cares and cheers!).

We don't have a dog, but have been able to enjoy dog-sitting for our niece Charlene (pure-bred Poodle).  She had to be put down earlier this spring, as she was suffering from kidney and other problems.  She was such a sweetheart!

Hope everyone enjoys the day, stays cool as possible and safe from storms!

Laura

IMG_3716.JPG

Very nice, and welcome to posting here.

Roy

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Rich & Roy, you both omitted a very important day/reason to celebrate from your posts!

Today we are celebrating “International Thank You Rich & Roy for Making the Daily So Special Day”! 

So my fellow Dailyites- Wherever you are, whenever you toast, please raise your glass to these two gentlemen!

Live long & prosper, gentlemen!
🥂

You made a good point.  I concur so here is to you Rich and Roy for they are good fellows!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1