Norway cruises..

PhillyTravelBug

What happened to NCL cruises specifically for Norway? I am on the fence whether to plan a cruise for 2021 and Norway is my top destination to see. I noticed the 7 day cruises and the longer cruises up to the Arctic aren’t listed for next year and beyond.  The cruise of Norway, Scotland, and Iceland really interest me.   May settle for that since Iceland is in my top destinations too. 

Hi - I'm on the 5/23/21 leaving from Southampton.  It's going to 4 different ports in Norway in addition to Iceland, and Ireland.  

My fingers are  crossed that cruising will be ok by then.

Hope for the best, but here is a backup plan using comfy modern Euro ferries. You needn't post how much you hate it because others may want to be aware of alternatives. There is at least one huge Smyril line ferry between Iceland, Faroe Islands, and Denmark. I've seen a tv show on it, and it was an epic journey to carry vast loads of reefer trucks full of fish to Europe while still fresh. All ports were authentic colorful working locations, not bland Reyk or Copen.

You can add an overnight ferry between Denmark and Norway - quite festive with locals seemingly enjoying relaxed rules on alcohol and gambling. Take a train over the glacier to Bergan and then the epic Hurtigruten coastal ferry. Maybe you know them as super expensive with cabins booked up years ahead. Just go as a day tripper, and when evening comes choose a pretty port to step off for overnight in a guesthouse like I did. Your evening wander around villages and easy on/off are a nice alternative to crowded canned port excursions, and you can do this for a few or many days.

19 hours ago, dumbth said:

Hope for the best, but here is a backup plan using comfy modern Euro ferries. You needn't post how much you hate it because others may want to be aware of alternatives. There is at least one huge Smyril line ferry between Iceland, Faroe Islands, and Denmark. I've seen a tv show on it, and it was an epic journey to carry vast loads of reefer trucks full of fish to Europe while still fresh. All ports were authentic colorful working locations, not bland Reyk or Copen.

You can add an overnight ferry between Denmark and Norway - quite festive with locals seemingly enjoying relaxed rules on alcohol and gambling. Take a train over the glacier to Bergan and then the epic Hurtigruten coastal ferry. Maybe you know them as super expensive with cabins booked up years ahead. Just go as a day tripper, and when evening comes choose a pretty port to step off for overnight in a guesthouse like I did. Your evening wander around villages and easy on/off are a nice alternative to crowded canned port excursions, and you can do this for a few or many days.

We too, have discovered the excellent ferries in northern Europe.  Not everyone's cup of tea to be sure but being able to spend several days in each port instead of rushing back to the ship every afternoon makes it the way to go for us.  It works well for those who are more interested in the ports than the ship experience and you need to be a very light packer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

It works well for those who are more interested in the ports than the ship experience 

I absolutely agree with this. The ferries works well as an alternative for thoose who are mostly interested in the ports and see the ship as transportation to the port.

Hey all,

I need your assistance.  This one is a depressing one.  Our trip was set for May 18th, 2020.  Like all our cruise was cancel with the option to get refunds or credits.  

I opted for the refund on May 7th and them on May 13th to my surprise my wife opted for the credit by accident.  Then she realized what she did and then opted to get the refund.  So we send three options.  Refund, credit then refund.  

After 120 days and telling me the funds will be deposited into my account within 2 weeks, NCL said that they received only two request, first one refund an the second credit only and not the third for refund.  

We have any recourse to go after NCL to honor the first request and why they only honoring the second request for credit.  I also believe they delayed telling the situation so I wouldn't file a complain with my credit card company as my cc told me its too late to fill a complain.  

HELP>

9 hours ago, Jaime_Angie said:

Hey all,

I need your assistance.  This one is a depressing one.  Our trip was set for May 18th, 2020.  Like all our cruise was cancel with the option to get refunds or credits.  

I opted for the refund on May 7th and them on May 13th to my surprise my wife opted for the credit by accident.  Then she realized what she did and then opted to get the refund.  So we send three options.  Refund, credit then refund.  

After 120 days and telling me the funds will be deposited into my account within 2 weeks, NCL said that they received only two request, first one refund an the second credit only and not the third for refund.  

We have any recourse to go after NCL to honor the first request and why they only honoring the second request for credit.  I also believe they delayed telling the situation so I wouldn't file a complain with my credit card company as my cc told me its too late to fill a complain.  

HELP>

Find the appropriate place for your question, this topic is about sailing to Norway. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

My Son and Daughter as well as their families did the Norway cruise with NCL that went all the way to the North Cape.  We found a better deal on Royal Caribbean the next year (2019) and it was fantastic.

Here is my review

Stockholm and Norway Aritic Circle

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=659526&et_cid=3214772&et_rid=17221689&et_referrer=Boards

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

My Son and Daughter as well as their families did the Norway cruise with NCL that went all the way to the North Cape.  We found a better deal on Royal Caribbean the next year (2019) and it was fantastic.

Here is my review

Stockholm and Norway Aritic Circle

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=659526&et_cid=3214772&et_rid=17221689&et_referrer=Boards

Thanks for sharing that review with us!

• Like 1