The Daily for Thursday Aug 27, 2020

richwmn

5 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Good morning everyone. I hope everyone in the path of the storm is safe. Hugs and prayers for our lists. Yes, Roy you can remove my neighbors from the list. And just because a picture of our backyard. 

894D45A1-FA53-4FAF-9977-6340A96CF0B0.jpeg

Gorgeous!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For Just Because day, I’ll post a picture of my view from work. I’m extremely lucky to have a view of the Columbia River just outside my window. 

Hope everyone has a great day and that those in the path of Laura are all okay.  imageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cb

4B074ECF-DEE7-4672-BE48-480BE5865D49.jpeg

Edited by Andi Land
  • Like 17

Thanks to all for their additions today.   My only contribution is a sweet smelling gardenia growing on the shrub outside my door. Gardenias are so delicate though - they are only pretty for one day!  Everything planted on this property was done by the builder's landscaper so I took what they gave me and left it at that. Normally I am not home half the year due to cruise travel but this year I am here for the good, the bad, and the ugly.  

Gardenia (2).jpg

• Like 17

16 minutes ago, Andi Land said:

For Just Because day, I’ll post a picture of my view from work. I’m extremely lucky to have a view of the Columbia River just outside my window. 

Hope everyone has a great day and that those in the path of Laura are all okay.  imageproxy.php?img=&key=6ee4bfcebcfde1cb

4B074ECF-DEE7-4672-BE48-480BE5865D49.jpeg

Love the reflection on the water. 

• Like 3

On the Big Island during our 2017 Oosterdam Circle Hawaii cruise.

This is Mitzi's brother's favorite spot near Hilo. I think it is a place that not too many tourist manage to find. The beach is rocky but there is a tidal pool that is great for swimming. And another orchid from the farm that is now a lava field -

1584230300_DSC_0229(2).thumb.JPG.62a42deafa573f278dd3a1d372313b10.JPG

287586972_DSC_0230(2).thumb.JPG.291714040079249b4e7dd2cf5b98f315.JPG

DSC_0246.thumb.JPG.0e6d87200db43b2600093fc1beb7dbb8.JPG

Edited by Overhead Fred
Spelling
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

Oops, I just checked @fatcat04's profile.  She hasn't posted for almost a month.  Hope it's nothing serious.

Roy

Oh thank you Roy. I check in here maybe once a day for any good news.

We are okay but both our moms have been in the hospital with issues, a fall for one and a scary possible cardiac event for the other (thankfully not one in the end) but both are home and doing okay now. In fact I am off to take mil to the Dr today for a followup from some testing. This and son starts trade school next week!! I can't believe how the summer has flown by. And baby girl will be 3 in just a couple months. I feel like the days don't have enough hours.

Hoping the hurricane fizzles quick. Some businesses in our neighborhood have not even rebuilt from the March tornado thanks to all the Covid slowdowns. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fatcat04 said:

Oh thank you Roy. I check in here maybe once a day for any good news.

We are okay but both our moms have been in the hospital with issues, a fall for one and a scary possible cardiac event for the other (thankfully not one in the end) but both are home and doing okay now. In fact I am off to take mil to the Dr today for a followup from some testing. This and son starts trade school next week!! I can't believe how the summer has flown by. And baby girl will be 3 in just a couple months. I feel like the days don't have enough hours.

Hoping the hurricane fizzles quick. Some businesses in our neighborhood have not even rebuilt from the March tornado thanks to all the Covid slowdowns. 

Thank you for checking in.

Roy

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Welcome home Amsterdam luggage.  Unfortunately, the Gulf Bridge is docked at pretty much the outermost berth, far from webcam view:

brodge.thumb.jpg.54d570feb8f754b4ac67ab5c6ef4e41e.jpg

Roy

Hopefully the luggage will be off loaded and sent to the rightful owners.

• Like 3

Rich:

Thank you for the DAILY.   Thanks to all others who post observations and pictures to this thread.

I notice that the Eurodam is sailing to a new destination.  Hopefully it is closer to Ft. Lauderdale.  

• Like 2

Thanks for the daily good cheer.  “And we think that the luggage at the airport comes along slowly!!!!!!”  Hope all luggage is reunited with owners soon.

I have nothing but good thoughts for those on the care list and those that Laura has impacted.  The photos today are stunning.  This spot on CC has given us all a place to step back and enjoy wonders that are out of the ordinary—flowers, gardens, pets, Sunrises/sunsets and many other joys.  Thanks to all.

• Like 12

Good morning!!

Rich I enjoyed your photo last night !

Thank you for the quote of the day

and global forgiveness day!!

I have tried Nautilus Sauvignon  Blanc!!

Price point good. Not one of my favorites.

🌺To my sisters Joy and Ann have a good day and stay safe! Ann enjoy Pilates today!

🌺Roy Enjoy your sunrise this am! Glad we have our prayer list and celebrations from you!

I will check in tomorrow! We are going to drive up the coast on 101 hwy into Malibu for the day! Want to go to our favorite outdoor seafood stop and just have fun!

Here was our sunset last night! That is when we did our toast to both Rich and Roy! It was so brilliant and I was waiting for a green flash! We didn’t have one. 
Stay safe and well everyone!

Denise😊

image.thumb.jpeg.ec432e2fa2755ffdfc707a9d395d0819.jpeg

• Like 17

Good morning Rich. Thank for posting the daily. I like both days on the list, but isn't it sad that Forgiveness needs a day of it's own? I'm going to ponder the quote. Not fussy on fallacies-big or little.  We had pasta last night so someone will be eating leftovers tonight. I'll probably just have a sandwich.

Prayers for those on the care and celebration list, Roy. Thanks for posting.

3 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Minion Jokes Pictures, Photos, Images, and Pics for Facebook, Tumblr,  Pinterest, and Twitter

I just had messages from one daughter yesterday. She's distraught because she can't sing at school this year. As early primary teachers, singing is an integral part of the teaching. Personally, I'd be lost to not be able to sing. 😢 On the other hand, my DD in Cairo teaches music!

2 hours ago, superoma said:

Based on the leaves, they look like canna lilies.

That was my guess, too.

Loving all of the pictures from these posts. Thanks to all who are sharing.

Today is supposed to be the hottest day of the year today. Looking forward (?) to a heat index of 39ºC. With the humidity, it was already unbearable at 9:00 am.

I think that I will just sit, read, drink water, and jump in the pool!

Blessings to all. Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Have a wonderful day.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, richwmn said:

today is Global Forgiveness Day and Just Because Day 

Weinberg's Principle:

An expert is a person who avoids the small errors while sweeping on to the grand fallacy.

Meal suggestion for today - Beef and Blue Cheese Penne with Pesto

Wine of the day - Nautilus Sauvignon Blanc Marlborough vintage 2017

Gulf Bridge (Amsterdam Luggage) is in port at Miami

At Sea Atlantic
Eurodam destination Sint Eustatius eta 9/15

Very interesting destination for Eurodam!

Sint Eustatius (Saint Eustace in English) is one of the smaller Dutch islands of the former Netherlands Antilles (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Sint Maarten, Saba and Sint Eustatius). I could be wrong (been there before) but I don't believe a HAL ship has ever called there. The capital is Oranjestad (like Aruba) and Eurodam will have to anchor there since the existing pier can not accommodate her

Map showing the location of St. Eustatius relative to Saba and St. Martin

St Eustatius Island

Oranjestad (Sint Eustatius Island) cruise port

1024px-Sint_Eustatius_travel_map.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Everyone,  Thank you for all the kind words for our anniversary yesterday.  We really celebrated, we had Korean Dumplings from a local food truck (they are wonderful!) and then dessert was a "Blizzard" teased Dave and told him I couldn't decide which restaurant we should try "onboard"!

I hope all of you are safe from the hurricane and the weather.  Summer is winding down here, plan to do some fall/winter prep today for the critters, will get the Grandson's to help.  They are good helpers just need a lot of directions!

Take care and stay safe.

Denise

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, richwmn said:

@Copper10-8 -- Would you happen to know the destination of Oosterdam? Both MT & CM list the destination as YA BLT but neither has an actual location and I have not been able to find it.

Thanks

Rich

Howdy Rich, my first thought was Yalta, Ukraine and, on arrival there, having a Bacon Lettuce and Tomato sandwich but that doesn't make any sense. Will attempt to find out for ya! Be safe!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Good morning, all, and thanks to Rich and Roy for all their research and lists!  I agree - canna lilies in the garden, and I see lots of activity on the Amsterdam thread, so I figured something was happening there.  Just hope all the luggage makes it home safe and sound!  And that all the path of Laura make it through, too.  Pat is improving very slowly, and I will check on Martha today.  

It is cooling down here, too, in the evenings it is very pleasant.  The gardeners were here bright and early this morning, so I will need to go out and see what they have done.

I think it will be tomato pie again tonight - the tomatoes are coming thick and fast, I've been giving some to the neighbours.

@Copper10-8, I was thinking BLT, too, perhaps we will do that instead of the tomato pie!🙃

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Good morning all!  Thank you Rich, Roy, Joy, Cat, Kazu and everyone who contributes! 

So interesting to wonder where these ships are heading and why? A sunset the other night when we had a lot of smoke, that fortunately is gone now!  Hoping everyone stays well with these fires and hurricanes! The garden is still blooming. 

C666FF7E-447F-4FDE-960E-E6B0A49686C2.jpeg

C73776EE-C9A0-4E6F-8A0A-5989898295DE.jpeg

A46C88DF-EFCF-41C9-96CD-BE7A02E01271.jpeg

35534487-9E0C-4973-BE5C-AE8C5ED57BC2.jpeg

• Like 17

@rafinmd  Hello Roy , thank you for adding DW Martha Mrs Sailingdutchy to your care list . Because she fell about six feet straight down on her back, missing the rose bush from the ladder she is doing miraculously well . There is still a lot of muscle pain when she moves , x-rays showed no broken bones and we are keeping our fingers crossed that there are no internal injuries .  She tells me she has a good nurse , so I keep doing my best for her .

There is noticible progress . Guess we are not going on the Oosterdam from Seattle to Auckland on Sep 27th ......

Thank you and @VictOriann for contacting you . Also thanks from a lurker to @richwmn for the Daily that I read almost daily to see what "our " ships are up to . Love your daily reports .

We are missing the sea .

Tony , Sailingdutchy 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Good morning!!

Rich I enjoyed your photo last night !

Thank you for the quote of the day

and global forgiveness day!!

I have tried Nautilus Sauvignon  Blanc!!

Price point good. Not one of my favorites.

🌺To my sisters Joy and Ann have a good day and stay safe! Ann enjoy Pilates today!

🌺Roy Enjoy your sunrise this am! Glad we have our prayer list and celebrations from you!

I will check in tomorrow! We are going to drive up the coast on 101 hwy into Malibu for the day! Want to go to our favorite outdoor seafood stop and just have fun!

Here was our sunset last night! That is when we did our toast to both Rich and Roy! It was so brilliant and I was waiting for a green flash! We didn’t have one. 
Stay safe and well everyone!

Denise😊

image.thumb.jpeg.ec432e2fa2755ffdfc707a9d395d0819.jpeg

Wow, Denise. Just WOW!

Hope you & David have a great day!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning all!  Thank you Rich, Roy, Joy, Cat, Kazu and everyone who contributes! 

So interesting to wonder where these ships are heading and why? A sunset the other night when we had a lot of smoke, that fortunately is gone now!  Hoping everyone stays well with these fires and hurricanes! The garden is still blooming. 

C666FF7E-447F-4FDE-960E-E6B0A49686C2.jpeg

35534487-9E0C-4973-BE5C-AE8C5ED57BC2.jpeg

Were you orbiting the moon, when you took the last picture? What an amazing shot!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

@rafinmd  Hello Roy , thank you for adding DW Martha Mrs Sailingdutchy to your care list . Because she fell about six feet straight down on her back, missing the rose bush from the ladder she is doing miraculously well . There is still a lot of muscle pain when she moves , x-rays showed no broken bones and we are keeping our fingers crossed that there are no internal injuries .  She tells me she has a good nurse , so I keep doing my best for her .

There is noticible progress . Guess we are not going on the Oosterdam from Seattle to Auckland on Sep 27th ......

Thank you and @VictOriann for contacting you . Also thanks from a lurker to @richwmn for the Daily that I read almost daily to see what "our " ships are up to . Love your daily reports .

We are missing the sea .

Tony , Sailingdutchy 

Glad Martha is showing progress. She really is one lucky lady!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1