Shareholder Email Address ❤

Ombud

7 hours ago, Ombud said:

The Princess Plus is not always a savings for me. For example: on my next cruise, savers = $3904 less best price = $3304. So a $600 difference on a 15 day cruise. Gratuities =  $217.50 per website, carryon 5 bottles wine = $60. 2 coffee pkgs = 0 (trading mini bar as I drink several cups a day but only 1 glass wine, get 1st drink free on app).  I have never used all my internet minutes. I did the math.

What is the 1st drink free on app??  Never heard of that.

10 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

What is the 1st drink free on app??  Never heard of that.

Correction: on medallion app.  When you order your 1st drink on the medallion app for each cruise it does not generate a bill. That's how it was on each of my medallion cruises. Plus on the 2nd medallion cruise it failed to generate a bill on the 2nd drink as well as the medallion app was acting up. I saw before I finalized the order that it was NC. I only got 1 free drink on the other 2 cruises which is how it's apparentlysupposed to be (I actually made a 'mistake' on my 1st medallion cruise by just ordering a drip coffee. Could have walked up to the counter on that one but I had no idea that the 1st one ordered thru the medallion was NC)

Edited by Ombud

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Correction: on medallion app.  When you order your 1st drink on the medallion app for each cruise it does not generate a bill. That's how it was on each of my medallion cruises. Plus on the 2nd medallion cruise it failed to generate a bill on the 2nd drink as well as the medallion app was acting up. I saw before I finalized the order that it was NC. I only got 1 free drink on the other 2 cruises which is how it's apparentlysupposed to be (I actually made a 'mistake' on my 1st medallion cruise by just ordering a drip coffee. Could have walked up to the counter on that one but I had no idea that the 1st one ordered thru the medallion was NC)

Thanks-  never heard of that but will try it when we start cruising again.

Because Carnival Corp is the provider and originator of the benefit I prefer to abide by their requirements.

1. Fax or regular mail.  There is no exception for email submittal.

2. Submit no less than 3 weeks before sailing.  There is no requirement to own shares within 90 days.

This could all change in a heartbeat, but it is easy to think that someone at Princess is putting their own spin on the submittals.  There needs to be a uniform set of rules and requirements.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, thinfool said:

This could all change in a heartbeat, but it is easy to think that someone at Princess is putting their own spin on the submittals. 

What do you have to lose?

Send an email.   If it doesn't work, resort to other means -- fax or postal mail.

You'll be out the price of an email stamp...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, thinfool said:

Because Carnival Corp is the provider and originator of the benefit I prefer to abide by their requirements.

2. Submit no less than 3 weeks before sailing.  There is no requirement to own shares within 90 days.

This could all change in a heartbeat, but it is easy to think that someone at Princess is putting their own spin on the submittals.  There needs to be a uniform set of rules and requirements.

Yes.  Princess mgmt has changed the method to submit due to the Quarantine (Sheltering in Place) in SoCal. Yes you can fax / mail into a partially closed office or email to where someone working from home can access. Emailing is just a 3rd option. 

Do whatever you're most comfortable with 

Edited by Ombud

10 hours ago, thinfool said:

Boy, I sure don't understand your reasoning/comments.  Even if "Carnival Corp is the provider and originator of the benefit," Princess and other cruise lines under the carnival corporate structure are individual lines and can develop their own policies and procedures.  If Princess says you can now use e-mail to submit documentation and requests for the shareholder credit, and others have stated that this new process works, why would you doubt this?  Why does there there need "to be a uniform set of rules and requirements" for all the different brands under the carnival umbrella?  If it works for Princess, so be it.  Other Carnival lines may still insist on mail or fax which is their choice.  Personally, I applaud Princess for this change to make it easier for the cruising public as well as their employees working from home.

Edited by Av8tor
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/2/2020 at 11:41 AM, CineGraphic said:

Yes there is, and it's plainly printed on the required form.

688962538_PrincessShareholderRequestFormFinal.pdf 156.42 kB · 6 downloads

500030293_ScreenShot2020-09-02at11_40_17AM.png.273540ac21bc11549e763d0db69b0999.png

Thank you for providing this info including the Shareholder Request Form.  I was able to open this one and download it.  Appreciate your guidance and appreciate Princess allowing the request form to be submitted via email!  

Just took advantage of the offer to re-fare my cabin at the same rate as the lowest cost cabin in the same category. Of course that caused my Shareholder OBC to fall off of the booking. Just sent email to have it restored. Quicker and easier than using faxzero. Hopefully it goes through as quickly as it usually does with the fax. Happy to have this option available.

Hmmm... Normally I fax the request and it's applied within the hour. Yesterday I emailed it and it's been 23 hours.  Not applied to my booking. Guess I'll wait until Tuesday (since Monday is a holiday in the US) and, if it's not showing by then, I'll fax it instead.

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Hmmm... Normally I fax the request and it's applied within the hour. Yesterday I emailed it and it's been 23 hours.  Not applied to my booking. Guess I'll wait until Tuesday (since Monday is a holiday in the US) and, if it's not showing by then, I'll fax it instead.

As an alternative if our SHB OBC perk disappears when we refare a cruise where the booking number stays the same, we just call the shareholder benefits phone number and ask them to reapply it, and they do since they already have our submitted form.

• Like 1

Credit still wasn't showing this morning. At 9:36 I faxed it in and it's now showing. Not sure when it was applied as I kind of "rested in my chair with my eyes closed" for a bit this morning. 😁  Whatever, the email request was apparently ignored and the fax was applied quickly. Glad the email is working for some but didn't work for me. I have no problem with sending the fax so it's all good.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, getaway101 said:

I'm just very grateful that Princess is still giving the SHB.  Given how poorly their stock has done.  They did take away the dividends, understandably, but so did RCL.  Thank you Princess for keeping the SHB & Military.

The CCL Corp SHB is designed to be an enticement to book on Princess and other CCL Corp brands.

Removing this benefit would result in less bookings and would thus be "penny wise and pound foolish."

10 hours ago, caribill said:

The CCL Corp SHB is designed to be an enticement to book on Princess and other CCL Corp brands.

Removing this benefit would result in less bookings and would thus be "penny wise and pound foolish."

Too bad RCL and Celebrity don't feel that way.  Because if you get a discount on your cruise or other OBC then you don't get SHB.  RCL also did away with the dividends.

11 minutes ago, getaway101 said:

Too bad RCL and Celebrity don't feel that way.  Because if you get a discount on your cruise or other OBC then you don't get SHB.  RCL also did away with the dividends.

Yes, the RCL Group stock PBC benefit is not applicable 90% of the time.

On 8/29/2020 at 9:27 AM, Thrak said:

I'm booked for September 15, 2021. I sent in my Shareholder Request and it was applied almost immediately. The cruise is more than a year from now.

I just sent mine in over the holiday weekend for a cruise this spring.  It had been previously applied but, it dropped off when I contacted my TA for a price drop.  Anyway, I'm not sure if they were even open on the holiday and didn't check it yesterday but, as of this morning, it has been applied.  Yippie!

Just sent in 3 more but did it via faxzero. I don't use "the form". Perhaps that's why my first try the other day with the email address didn't work. Who knows... I sent in requests for cruises in January of 2022. Pretty far out. I'll have to wait a bit to see if they are going to apply them that far in the future.