Diamond welcome aboard gift

berwyn

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Because most people won't bother calling and it takes IT resources to maintain that portion of the site - status quo is easier/cheaper for RCI.

I would think the resources to maintain a portion of the website that was running and actually functional would be pretty minimal. Most companies seem to be moving toward making things as self service as possible when it comes to their customer dealings. I also tend to doubt your premise that most people won't bother calling. The issue involves mostly D+ and Pins and I suspect many of them would not hold back on the call.

13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have never heard of any restaurant or bar that would take a food or drink item from an outside source in exchange for another item. It doesn't matter if it is in a sealed container or not. 

I get Bud Light in my room onboard, I take it to a bar on ship & exchange it for what I drink. It is not taking it from an outside source plus it is not a food source or a restaurant.

Edited by hannibal54

13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have never heard of any restaurant or bar that would take a food or drink item from an outside source in exchange for another item. It doesn't matter if it is in a sealed container or not. 

In the past you could usually find a bar on board that would,  doubt they will once cruising resumes

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, hannibal54 said:

I get Bud Light in my room onboard, I take it to a bar on ship & exchange it for what I drink. It is not taking it from an outside source plus it is not a food source or a restaurant.

You walk into a bar from somewhere else with a can of anything that can't be traced to where it came from. That sounds like an outside source to me but what do I know. Maybe they would be fine with it. I would prefer that they retail me an item that was not out of the chain of custody of the ship but that might just be the OCD physician in me coming out.

51 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I trade warm Corona for cold ones all the time

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

32 posts about a can of coke.  This is like the good old days pre-Covid 😁🙂  I miss those days.

Hopefully it will not, somehow, transition to tipping, diapers in the pool, and shorts in the dining room soon. This is an awesome new CC topic.

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Considering the stache you had on that last TA, you must have been getting plenty of exercise making those exchanges.

Jay and the room service guys kept those cold. I was speaking more of the welcome aboard gifts. 

20180819_132747.thumb.jpg.95209ee9fc66d4456a23b527e9813c1d.jpg

14 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I might be missing something but I am not calling them to get 1 can of coke or a bottle of water for diamond level. 

You know the old saying."if it's free it's for me." 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I might be missing something but I am not calling them to get 1 can of coke or a bottle of water for diamond level. 

I’ve never bothered to call. My last couple of cruises, I had 2 bottles of water in my cabin when I arrived, so maybe that was the Diamond gift.

I actually called this past week as its my first time in November...or February 2021.. as a Diamond. I got my Coke Zero request. I leave out of san juan both times (hopefully) and got the Key so enjoying a nice soda when I arrive in my room will be nice when unpacking.

12 hours ago, bouhunter said:

32 posts about a can of coke.  This is like the good old days pre-Covid 😁🙂  I miss those days.

And, I'm reading it like it's a real page turner!  Your cabin steward  would probably switch it out for you, if the bar won't.  He knows where it came from.

26 minutes ago, RETNAVY1996 said:

Seeing how we are on the subject of coke, do you think they will have outdated drinks onboard when we get to return?  Don’t think they will be checking the best by date.  

That generally only affects diet drinks

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I always take our warm cornoa s to the bar and get it swapped and if they don't have it will get a cold VB or Crown Larger 😇

7 hours ago, Hogbay said:

I always take our warm cornoa s to the bar and get it swapped and if they don't have it will get a cold VB or Crown Larger 😇

Interesting. I guess I'll do that in the future rather than trying to cool anything down in the cabin refrigerator.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 7:36 AM, Ocean Boy said:

If they did in the past you can forget about them doing it now with Covid.

3 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

If they did in the past you can forget about them doing it now with Covid.

Why wouldn't that have been a Noro concern? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Noro primarily spread by contact?

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Why wouldn't that have been a Noro concern? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Noro primarily spread by contact?

Do they allow it during a Noro outbreak? I have never been on a ship with noro. Covid is world wide now. Noro is contained unless there is an outbreak on the ship.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

Do they allow it during a Noro outbreak? I have never been on a ship with noro. Covid is world wide now. Noro is contained unless there is an outbreak on the ship.

Typically you've done the swap before an outbreak occurs.  It's a day 1 event.

As far as Noro, it's always contained until there's an outbreak. 😉

My point is, there has to be a patient zero

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Typically you've done the swap before an outbreak occurs.  It's a day 1 event.

As far as Noro, it's always contained until there's an outbreak. 😉

My point is, there has to be a patient zero

I was thinking if there was a noro issue on the cruise prior to one just boarding.