I’m in The Washington Post-Virtual Cruise Article

Ukigirl

I was contacted by Aubrey from Cruise Critic about a reporter who was doing an article on virtual cruising and she saw my thread from March and wanted to interview me.  Was I interested? Heck yeah!  She called me last week and asked a bunch of questions and here’s a link to the article, sure has been the highlight of my month!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/travel/cruise-enthusiasts-stage-their-own-faux-voyages-at-home/2020/08/27/c2b20850-e3e9-11ea-8181-606e603bb1c4_story.html

• Like 12

On 8/28/2020 at 5:52 PM, Ukigirl said:

I was contacted by Aubrey from Cruise Critic about a reporter who was doing an article on virtual cruising and she saw my thread from March and wanted to interview me.  Was I interested? Heck yeah!  She called me last week and asked a bunch of questions and here’s a link to the article, sure has been the highlight of my month!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/travel/cruise-enthusiasts-stage-their-own-faux-voyages-at-home/2020/08/27/c2b20850-e3e9-11ea-8181-606e603bb1c4_story.html

Your's was one of the first and I enjoyed every post - especially the feral cat.  (I hope he found a good home.)

Unfortunately, since I live in the DC area and people post Wash Post articles frequently I can no longer see them without paying so I guess I won't read it.  I refuse to pay them to read an article.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BND said:

Unfortunately, since I live in the DC area and people post Wash Post articles frequently I can no longer see them without paying so I guess I won't read it.  I refuse to pay them to read an article.

Same here, living in NYC and accessing WAPO articles. I also refuse to pay.   Is there any way to get around this?

On 8/30/2020 at 5:26 PM, mek said:

Your's was one of the first and I enjoyed every post - especially the feral cat.  (I hope he found a good home.)

Thank you! The feral cat was adopted and lived a great life for 18 years, best cat ever ❤️

3308481D-E169-4A3E-B7C7-3A972AA94347.jpeg

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 9:22 AM, BND said:

On 8/31/2020 at 9:31 AM, yogimax said:

Same here, living in NYC and accessing WAPO articles. I also refuse to pay.   Is there any way to get around this?

You can usually access for at least an article or two using an incognito window.

But I believe in supporting journalism.

I pay for my gas.  I pay for my food.  I pay for other things in my life.  I also pay for journalism.

• Like 1

Congratulations, that is awesome!  Even twangster got a shout-out!

Can't wait for virtual cruise #2.

Hey @twangster - you are mentioned in the article.

7 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

You can usually access for at least an article or two using an incognito window.

But I believe in supporting journalism.

I pay for my gas.  I pay for my food.  I pay for other things in my life.  I also pay for journalism.

I don't consider the Washington Post journalism but that's a different issue.

The paper has a ton of ads.  Your choice, my choice.

14 minutes ago, BND said:

I don't consider the Washington Post journalism but that's a different issue.

The paper has a ton of ads.  Your choice, my choice.

WaPo has about 50 Pulitzer Prizes over the last 85 years or so and you dismiss it because of the number of ads in the print version.  I suppose you don’t think much of the Pulitzer either?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

WaPo has about 50 Pulitzer Prizes over the last 85 years or so and you dismiss it because of the number of ads in the print version.  I suppose you don’t think much of the Pulitzer either?

That's what you got from my post lol.  You do you, okay?

Having grown up in the DC area and actually known people who had stories written about them or were interviewed, I know what the Post does.  You took the time to look up how many awards they've won, why?   But, the bigger question is, why do you care what I think about a newspaper?

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, BND said:

That's what you got from my post lol.  You do you, okay?

Having grown up in the DC area and actually known people who had stories written about them or were interviewed, I know what the Post does.  You took the time to look up how many awards they've won, why?   But, the bigger question is, why do you care what I think about a newspaper?

Don’t much care.  Have a great day.