Drinks package query - new to Oceania

PrincessPete

Hello, first posting on this site.

We have done many cruises but not yet on Oceania although I am acquainted with their smaller ships from ship visits when they were part of the Renaissance fleet many years ago.

A simple question please if anyone can assist. We are in the UK incidentally and there is currently a lot of advertising for Oceania cruises, the offers of which all include drinks with lunch and dinner.

That is not actually much use to us as our "drinking time" is before dinner and then late night after the entertainment is finished. (we are not really "daytime" drinkers).

The question is this: can we upgrade onboard (or before sailing) the included mealtime drinks package to a package which includes drinks at other times, in addition to mealtimes.

If so, any idea of daily cost?

Thanks in advance for any help and with best regards. Peter

You can upgrade to the Premium Drinks Package which provides drinks at all times. If you take the standard drink package providing wine and beer only, the upgrade is $20 per day. To buy the premium package outright is $60 per day.

If you purchase the upgrade, it can only be done once aboard ship. You can do it on whatever day of the cruise you like. This gives you an opportunity to decide if the package is worth it to you. If you take a different O Life selection ( shore tours or OBC) and purchase the premium package outright, it can be done before boarding.

3 minutes ago, PrincessPete said:

Hello, first posting on this site.

We have done many cruises but not yet on Oceania although I am acquainted with their smaller ships from ship visits when they were part of the Renaissance fleet many years ago.

A simple question please if anyone can assist. We are in the UK incidentally and there is currently a lot of advertising for Oceania cruises, the offers of which all include drinks with lunch and dinner.

That is not actually much use to us as our "drinking time" is before dinner and then late night after the entertainment is finished. (we are not really "daytime" drinkers).

The question is this: can we upgrade onboard (or before sailing) the included mealtime drinks package to a package which includes drinks at other times, in addition to mealtimes.

If so, any idea of daily cost?

Thanks in advance for any help and with best regards. Peter

If you are getting the basic booze perk as either your O Life amenity selection or as one of all three O Life amenities in "Ultimate O Life" (often available in the U.K.), you can upgrade to the Prestige package (unlimited spirits except for the highest end cognacs and scotches and select wines-by-the-glass during meals or any other time bars are open) for a $20/person/day upcharge.

If you like better wines, bring your own. There's no limit and taking it outsid your cabin is verboten except bringing a bottle to a meal with a $25 corkage fee.

We usually get regular O Life only (in the US) and select the tours option, which we maximize by selecting the most expensive of the allowable ones for O Life (i.e., <$200). We then add enough of our preferred paid O tours to meet the total minimum tours required for that cruise's YWYW 25% discount on paid tours.

We used to do the Prestige booze years ago on short cruises. But, now we do much longer 3-5+ weeks cruises and bring our own wine (6-12 bottles at embarkation - replenished enroute) and get our spirits at happy hours, multiple O Club parties, officer invited dinners, etc.

On 8/30/2020 at 3:34 PM, pinotlover said:

You can upgrade to the Premium Drinks Package which provides drinks at all times. If you take the standard drink package providing wine and beer only, the upgrade is $20 per day. To buy the premium package outright is $60 per day.

If you purchase the upgrade, it can only be done once aboard ship. You can do it on whatever day of the cruise you like. This gives you an opportunity to decide if the package is worth it to you. If you take a different O Life selection ( shore tours or OBC) and purchase the premium package outright, it can be done before boarding.

I just booked my first Oceania cruise today and took the O Life beverage package.  I was advised that once on board, I can upgrade at $20/PP per day.  Do you need to purchase the upgrade for the entire cruise or can you just cover part of the cruise?  Do both people in the cabin need to purchase the upgrade?

1. Only one person can choose the upgrade.

2.  You can take/start the upgrade whenever you want, however it then lasts until the end of the cruise.

When you take the upgrade, you will be issued a new room key indicating your new status.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

1. Only one person can choose the upgrade.

2.  You can take/start the upgrade whenever you want, however it then lasts until the end of the cruise.

When you take the upgrade, you will be issued a new room key indicating your new status.

I trust that pinotlover will agree with me that, if you are a wine person, bring your own. The real value of the Prestige Package is for double cocktails made with premium booze. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 6:44 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

The real value of the Prestige Package is for double cocktails made with premium booze. 

In dollars and cents, perhaps yes-

Yet I always find the real joy in the Prestige package to be in the effortless usage which it affords.

My World Card is always with me, so if it pops into my head that Prosecco on the pooldeck would be lovely after a long day ashore, it just happens.

Similarly, if I look at Dessert one evening  and decide that it just isn't worth the calories , (a rare occurance on Oceania, to be sure), replacing it with a decadent nightcap is eminently doable.  My World, my way.........indeed 🤭

• Like 5