Paul Gauguin is on it's way to Fakarava

Would love to hear reports from someone on the ship about their experience, food quality, social distancing, how excursions are being handled, if there is scuba diving, whether the motu picnic happens, how tendering works now, etc. 

• Like 1

This is the first cruise after the latest protocols have been in effect. As no one on the roll call has mentioned anything I would gather we might not hear anything until the cruise is over. Only reason I'm updating every day is so everyone knows the ship is doing fine and not cut short. Ship heads to Bora Bora over the next few days and as there are sea days maybe someone on board might mention something  ...

5 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

It’s so encouraging that they’ve made it almost to the end apparently successfully thus far! 🤞

The key nark was 4 days into the cruise, past that, I do not believe any required testing For COVID.

To really know the "success " of this most recent PG cruise - which I am rooting for as we have a suite on the Solar Eclipes Charter 5 Dec- is to get a breakdown of pre FP testing, Pre Cruise Testing, if/how many did the FP 4 day test, and then were there any illnesses (symptomatic patients). Along with this data it would be nice to get a report from the "cruisees' on how the new Ponant rules effected the trip - fun meter- and how compliant were the passengers ( +/- the "Karen" factor).  It is sad that so far we have no reports from on board but it would be nice to know.

I have pushed for a pre departure "hotel isolation" to reduce the requirements for on board social distancing - i.e. create a cruise social bubble.  Data from the cruise as to who did what and tested when would be very helpful. 

The continuous movement of the ship implies that there haven't been any problems.  Wonder why no posts from guests onboard?  But then I see that Ponant doesn't offer free internet even with loyalty benefits and reviews say it is spotty and slow – so no surprise that folks don't want to waste their time in paradise posting to Cruise Critic!