Specialty Groups on Princess Cruises - NOT Charters

voljeep

On 9/1/2020 at 6:44 AM, AF-1 said:

Hello everyone.  I have been part of the Concerts At Sea group.  There were quite a few people whom we met while boarding in Fort Lauderdale who had no idea we were onboard for the week.  There were appox 900 people including the bands.  There were concert shows everyday in the theater; but the concerts were at times that did not interfere with any Princess show in the theater.  The cruise was on Caribbean Princess;  and the two venues which were used every night were: Club Fusion and Skywalkers.  Normally the oldies house band played every night in Club Fusion; and the DJ played in Skywalkers.  Other than that; I did not see that the group inconvenienced any passenger on the ship. There was a small desk which was manned by the tour; which was by the Piazza.  They were there to answer any questions from the group.  It was a great time and I would book another one just to see all the groups up close and personal.  I counted 12 other bars on this ship for people to socialize.  Any official Princess event like trivia, bingo, etc was not  cancelled or changed to a different venue.  Have a great day

I’ve been on a Concerts at Sea cruise, too. It was on the Ruby.  I think it was about 8 years ago, so some things may have changed. All the concerts were during the day and never conflicted with regular shows in the Princess Theater. Some other days there were autograph sessions and Q&A’s. Those were during the day, too. There were some evenings where they had a private party in Club Fusion, but it wasn’t every night. There was a DJ in Skywalkers, but other people on the ship could come and listen to the music. I didn’t take part in all the activities because I just went to see the shows. I’ve been on many Princess Cruises and would have noticed if things were terribly stilted. When I went it seemed like people were trying very hard not to cause an inconvenience. For one thing, since most of the big activities happened during the day it left a lot more room at the pool. Other daytime activities would be less busy. The huge majority of the group has traditional dining, so it didn’t cause long lines for Anytime dining. There are some people who go every year, but the majority of the people don’t know each other before they get on the ship. I never saw any loud or boisterous groups. Remember, these are mostly people who like 50’s & 60’s music. They enjoy sock hops. The people who run CAS are nice people. You can probably call them up and they’ll answer your questions about what venues they use. I had fun, but the reason I didn’t book again is because most things were during the day and I missed my regular daytime cruise activities. 

4 hours ago, KruzPrincess said:

I’ve been on a Concerts at Sea cruise, too. It was on the Ruby.  I think it was about 8 years ago, so some things may have changed. All the concerts were during the day and never conflicted with regular shows in the Princess Theater. Some other days there were autograph sessions and Q&A’s. Those were during the day, too. There were some evenings where they had a private party in Club Fusion, but it wasn’t every night. There was a DJ in Skywalkers, but other people on the ship could come and listen to the music. I didn’t take part in all the activities because I just went to see the shows. I’ve been on many Princess Cruises and would have noticed if things were terribly stilted. When I went it seemed like people were trying very hard not to cause an inconvenience. For one thing, since most of the big activities happened during the day it left a lot more room at the pool. Other daytime activities would be less busy. The huge majority of the group has traditional dining, so it didn’t cause long lines for Anytime dining. There are some people who go every year, but the majority of the people don’t know each other before they get on the ship. I never saw any loud or boisterous groups. Remember, these are mostly people who like 50’s & 60’s music. They enjoy sock hops. The people who run CAS are nice people. You can probably call them up and they’ll answer your questions about what venues they use. I had fun, but the reason I didn’t book again is because most things were during the day and I missed my regular daytime cruise activities. 

We were on the Concerts at Sea Regal cruise in January 2020, not part of the group. They held private concerts in the Vista every night so we didn't see any events in that venue all week. They also had the Club 6 venue reserved most evenings.

• Like 1