A Pre-Check List Creating A Rock Star Experience!

Sthrngary

I was having a conversation with a close friend.  He asked me, “What is your absolute favorite vacation?’  Without taking a breath, I responded, “A Cruise”. He asked, “To Where?” I again quickly responded, “I don’t care. Hell, I can just to out on the water for days with no destination in mind.”  This confused him and he needed me to elaborate.

My appreciation for cruising came from wanting a specific set of outcomes for my vacation that coordinated with my likes.  Allow me to outline them. Let me start by saying my life is full of stress and having to make critical decisions for my family and clients every hour of every day.  I needed a vacation from my life.  This is what I set as my requirements.

1. I HATE:
    1. Having To Make Decisions On My Vacations: Since my life is making decisions every day, I just want to make as few decisions as possible as soon as my vacation begins.
    2. Paying for Every Meal Individually on Vacation: Allow me to clarify. My family eats out at least once-a-week.  Once every month or so we go to a really nice place.  My wife loves to drink wine and my adult children think when I am paying, they can experiment with foods and adult beverages.  The kids order expensive drinks and don’t drink them. They order meals and when they don’t like them, they don’t ask for something else. They just don’t eat, then complain as I pay for a check the size of some mortgage payments.  I HATE that feeling.  On a cruise, especially if you are in a Suite or have a Specialty Restaurant package, you get to order whatever you want. If you don’t like it, order something else. When we cruise, everyone has an “Adult Drink Package” so the same thing hold true. See, it is not the money so much as it is not having to worry about paying for a bad time. I am more then happy to pay more for the experience if I don’t have to pay every time.
    3. My PHONE and my EMAILS: When I go on a cruise, I make it clear to my family and clients my phone and Wi-Fi are going to be turned OFF.  Do I check them, sure.  I just want to have an excuse which is that the Wi-Fi or internet connections is awful on a cruise ship.  Cruises definitely give you that.
  2. I Love:
    1. To be Entertained: If you have ever gone to New York City to see a Broadway Show. You again have to take a mortgage out, just to sit in an average seat.  On a cruise, you can select the brand, based on the kind of entertainment you really like.  Lots of shows, some are Broadway tours that won Tony awards.  Want to see it again, go another night. Want to dance, see a comedian, do karaoke, or just have a cigar listening to jazz music; cruises give you that almost every day.
    2. Breakfast Out: My favorite meal to eat out is breakfast.  Making it at home, is great and fun.  The cleanup is NOT so much fun.  At breakfast, I love pastries, coffee, eggs, meats and especially cold cut platters.  Great bread is something I don’t do much during the year.  I look those foods when I cruise.  Where in the world can your options be limitless, as well as, it can be on a cruise.
    3. To Go Out In The Sun:  I don’t need sand on a beach or a pool, although they are quite nice.  Instead, I want sun, a bartender, a cigar and a book.  Can you add in a great cheese burger or two for lunch.  You can do that? I am all in.  Especially when I get tired and my walk to my suite is only 5-minutes away.  Answer, a cruise.
    4. An All-Inclusive Vacation: It is NOT about the money spent.  It is more about I don’t have to worry about it and it is paid prior to leaving my home. This falls back to my goal of not having to make any decisions.
    5. Gamble (a little):  I am a terrible gambler.  But I do like to test my luck from time to time.  Add all the above likes and dislikes and what type of vacation can come close to giving you all that. A cruise.
    6. To be Treated like a Rock Star: You work all year.  You work 14 hours a day, 6 days a week. One week a year, you deserve to be treated like a “Rock Star”.

When I was done with my explanation, my friend kind of got the point. His next question was, “How do I organize a cruise to get all that done?” This was one more stimulus to create the article that is linked below.  “A Pre-Check List Creating A Rock Star Experience!”

http://www.garytilkin.com/pre-cruise-action-check-list-creating-rock-star-experience/