Latest Restart Schedule for Carnival

sunonfire

It's always a very wise move to keep your "organic" customer base totally involved. I applaud Carnival for the updates but I also realize that much more work (regarding overall safety for all involved) has to be done. 

Have faith and we will all again Cruise safely. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

with most ports not accept cruises ships until next year, where will they dock if they resume cruising in November?

It seems like Mexico will be willing to accept cruise ships, and the Bahamas did too until they tightened things up again. But that was back in July. We still have a few months to go before November. I’m wondering if the cruise lines could work something out with the Bahamian Government where cruise lines can still visit private islands even if they are banned from more populated islands.

If initially the ports of call that will accept cruise ships is limited, I’ve thought that a cruise that visits mostly US ports could be a possibility. For example:

- Port Canaveral-Key West-Miami-Half Moon Cay-Port Canaveral

or

- Tampa-Key West-Cozumel-New Orleans-Tampa. 

Not the most ideal itineraries, but it may be the way to go just to get cruising started. 

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 2

Nothing really new here, though, except the Australia sailings updates from last week.

What we're all waiting for is any possible announcement about those November (and Dec?) cruises from the US: this week would be the time frame for Carnival to announce another round of cancellations.

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

with most ports not accept cruises ships until next year, where will they dock if they resume cruising in November?

It isn't really clear to me what the timeline for re-opening for each of the islands might be.  Cayman Islands have stated nothing until 2021.  Bahamas was open again then closed, might re-open.  Any or all of them might be discussing that very thing right now with Carnival: "You show me your protocols for boarding non-infected passengers, and I'll decide whether to let you onto my island."

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Tapi said:

It seems like Mexico will be willing to accept cruise ships, and the Bahamas did too until they tightened things up again. But that was back in July. We still have a few months to go before November. I’m wondering if the cruise lines could work something out with the Bahamian Government where cruise lines can still visit private islands even if they are banned from more populated islands.

If initially the ports of call that will accept cruise ships is limited, I’ve thought that a cruise that visits mostly US ports could be a possibility. For example:

or

Not the most ideal itineraries, but it may be the way to go just to get cruising started. 

I think this would be a great idea.

Guys the bigger issue for Carnival is going to be "Who Will Be The Brave First Cruisers"? I am all in but I will certainly not be among the "test" subjects for their initial Voyages. Let's pray for good endings and for new Cruise beginnings for all.    

I am not a seasoned gambler but my money is on Carnival's Future Success!!!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Tapi said:

or

Key West is voting on banning large cruise ships on November 3rd. I don’t know if that would take effect immediately or not...but I wouldn’t count on it as a potential port. You could easily swap it for Progreso or Galveston on the Tampa one.

To my knowledge these mega ships can hold many tons of fuel. With that general knowledge why does it have to be a Cruise to a specified destination. Maybe to start they could enact a "True Cruise To Nowhere? Everybody is contained on the vessel, no one gets to "wander" away, the passengers who came onboard remain onboard and the ship just "aimlessly" floats all of the passengers cares away.      

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, St.Pete said:

Who would even volunteer to be a guinea pig in this experiment.   At his own expense!  They better extend those piers at those private islands.

I would go on a cruise tomorrow if I could. However, I am not in a high risk category so I am not too worried about this virus, although I do practice social distancing, wear a mask every time I leave my house, etc.  I definitely am not looking to catch this virus, which has become a popular game at some college campuses. I think the majority of passengers who would be willing to cruise initially will be people not in high risk categories. However, I also think there will be people who are bigger risk takers than me who would sail right away, even if they were part of some higher risk category. 

7 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

To my knowledge these mega ships can hold many tons of fuel. With that general knowledge why does it have to be a Cruise to a specified destination. Maybe to start they could enact a "True Cruise To Nowhere? Everybody is contained on the vessel, no one gets to "wander" away, the passengers who came onboard remain onboard and the ship just "aimlessly" floats all of the passengers cares away.      

Someone can explain the rule and details better than I can, but cruises to nowhere are not legal from US ports. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Key West is voting on banning large cruise ships on November 3rd. I don’t know if that would take effect immediately or not....

Yes, I thought about that. Hopefully it won’t go through, at least at the magnitude that they are proposing which would basically ban all major cruise lines. 

23 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Someone can explain the rule and details better than I can, but cruises to nowhere are not legal from US ports. 

Can we all please just take a very deep breath and take it easy for a moment. I am not trying to defend a thesis; I did that in the University setting. The cruise to nowhere was a reference to having fun without worrying about outside "agents/influences"  effecting our cruise vacations. I am going to personally recruit some of you as my potential debate team captains.    

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Yes, I thought about that. Hopefully it won’t go through, at least at the magnitude that they are proposing which would basically ban all major cruise lines. 

Unless the U.S. Government temporarily suspends the Jones Act(highly doubtful), cruises to nowhere aboard ships flagged outside the U.S. are not likely. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, St.Pete said:

Who would even volunteer to be a guinea pig in this experiment.   At his own expense!  They better extend those piers at those private islands.

I've said this since day 1! We have a cruise booked for Nov 23rd this yr, we keep calling it the guinea pig cruise ! I'm all for it!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jolyroger said:

I've said this since day 1! We have a cruise booked for Nov 23rd this yr, we keep calling it the guinea pig cruise ! I'm all for it!!

Somebody has to be the first to step up to the plate.  Good for you!  Just like the people who are volunteering to participate in vaccine studies, somebody has to be the first.  I'm thankful to those who are ready to cruise and don't mind any possible restrictions.  That will pave the way for the rest of us.  Who knows, maybe my January cruise will be a first, although I hope it's not.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Somebody has to be the first to step up to the plate.  Good for you!  Just like the people who are volunteering to participate in vaccine studies, somebody has to be the first.  I'm thankful to those who are ready to cruise and don't mind any possible restrictions.  That will pave the way for the rest of us.  Who knows, maybe my January cruise will be a first, although I hope it's not.

I am in a vaccine study right now.  Going Thurs for the 2nd shot in  series of 2.  I would also cruise on the first one, no problem!   Just get me on that ship!

baf

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, St.Pete said:

I'll volunteer and take one for the team just to cruise again.. No ports needed. I know they have to dock but I'd sail around in circle for 7 days at this point.  I've always loved seadyas anyways... 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, outdoors27 said:

I'll volunteer and take one for the team just to cruise again.. No ports needed. I know they have to dock but I'd sail around in circle for 7 days at this point.  I've always loved seadyas anyways... 

7 Day cruise to no where? I don't think I'd want to use my vacation time at work for that kind of vacation but if your retired, by all means live it up!

4 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

Guys the bigger issue for Carnival is going to be "Who Will Be The Brave First Cruisers"? I am all in but I will certainly not be among the "test" subjects for their initial Voyages. Let's pray for good endings and for new Cruise beginnings for all.    

I am not a seasoned gambler but my money is on Carnival's Future Success!!!

I volunteer as tribute!

• Haha 2