Who else is booked on a November 2020 cruise?

brenderlou

9 minutes ago, Sianli said:

We are booked for Thanksgiving week out of San Juan. Had Aug and Sept cxl, but really hoping this one goes! Booked airfare this week too.

We were booked on the Freedom out of San Juan for the same week. I finally decided to cancel it a few weeks ago and booked a Feb 2021 sailing on the MSC Seaside instead. I was surprised at how quickly RC refunded our deposit. Took a little over a week.

We still have flights purchased to fly to San Juan on 11/21 and intend to spend a week long land vacation in Puerto Rico instead. If the ship sails, we’ll wave at you from land!🤪

Edited by Tapi

17 minutes ago, Tapi said:

We were booked on the Freedom out of San Juan for the same week. I finally decided to cancel it a few weeks ago and booked a Feb 2021 sailing on the MSC Seaside instead. I was surprised at how quickly RC refunded our deposit. Took a little over a week.

We still have flights purchased to fly to San Juan on 11/21 and intend to spend a week long land vacation in Puerto Rico instead. If the ship sails, we’ll wave at you from land!🤪

We went to San Juan in early August for a weekend getaway and had a great time. If the cruise cancels we will prby also goto PR for the week.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 10:39 AM, brenderlou said:

Anyone else with fingers and toes crossed that we will be sailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nope, Jumped Ship 3 weeks ago. This for 2 Cruises in Nov2020 on Vision I canceled, Royal canceled my 3rd on Jewel, this all 3 weeks ago. Just got my Refund and FCC today

On 9/2/2020 at 1:39 PM, brenderlou said:

Anyone else with fingers and toes crossed that we will be sailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are booked on Anthem on 11/29/20 checked in as soon as it opened the other day and the earliest boarding time was 2:30. The ship is  supposed to sail at 3. There were check in times till 5:30. There are only 16 people on the roll call on here and about 50 on other site and plenty of cabins left. Trying to figure out what is going on. Hopeing this sailing goes but if it's not would like it to get cancelled soon. This time around we will take refund thus is our 4th try to go so if is ends up not happening I would rather wait and see what happens I stead of rebooking again.

Edited by dropman12

As a plan B, BPL plans a November 4th restart from Palm Beach to the Bahamas.  The ships are small and don't compare to RCI but hey, it's a cruise - plus there are some incentives:

"The line will restart operations with one of its two cruise ships, Grand Celebration, and its second vessel will return to service early next March. As an incentive to book now, it is offering the public a "buy one cruise, get one free" deal over the Labor Day weekend. All passengers who book with a departure date between January 1 and April 30, 2021 will be allowed to sail again for free at any time between mid-August 2021 and the end of February 2022. 

“Now more than ever, we can all use a getaway but we know that times are tough for so many, given all that has happened this year,” said Khosa. “With our new [offer], we’re excited to give travellers the chance to book two vacations for the price of one." 

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/bahamas-paradise-cruise-line-schedules-restart-for-november-4

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

As a plan B, BPL plans a November 4th restart from Palm Beach to the Bahamas.  The ships are small and don't compare to RCI but hey, it's a cruise - plus there are some incentives:

"The line will restart operations with one of its two cruise ships, Grand Celebration, and its second vessel will return to service early next March. As an incentive to book now, it is offering the public a "buy one cruise, get one free" deal over the Labor Day weekend. All passengers who book with a departure date between January 1 and April 30, 2021 will be allowed to sail again for free at any time between mid-August 2021 and the end of February 2022. 

“Now more than ever, we can all use a getaway but we know that times are tough for so many, given all that has happened this year,” said Khosa. “With our new [offer], we’re excited to give travellers the chance to book two vacations for the price of one." 

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/bahamas-paradise-cruise-line-schedules-restart-for-november-4

Have you sailed them before?

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Have you sailed them before?

Not personally no.  The reviews I've read are either very good or very bad.   Unfortunately, it might be the only cruise option out of Florida for the coming months.  Have you sailed BPL?  If so, your thoughts? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Not personally no.  The reviews I've read are either very good or very bad.   Unfortunately, it might be the only cruise option out of Florida for the coming months.  Have you sailed BPL?  If so, your thoughts? 

Not BPL, but sailed Celebration back in the 90's

On 9/3/2020 at 9:25 AM, cruise wizard said:

We are booked on the 11/2 Vision 11 night cruise from FLL..................and then a B4B on the Oasis for 28 days beginning on 11/29  through Christmas week.  

I would say "forget the Vision", but there is a chance that you'll be on the Oasis before the end of the year.

6 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

I am actually a little surprised that they did not go out of business. 

4 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Why did you think that?  The crew lawsuits?   Being shut down for so long?  Bad reviews / Customer dissatisfaction?  

I think all of these small cruise lines are at risk of bankruptcy.  Not too many businesses can stand 6+ months of no revenue.  

7 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Why did you think that?  The crew lawsuits?   Being shut down for so long?  Bad reviews / Customer dissatisfaction?  

Nothing based on any factual information, and I have personally never sailed on them. Just my opinion because I hear that they are considerably different than Royal. But I suppose that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't a market for what they offer.

I have a Thanksgiving cruise booked on Allure.  I am just waiting for them to cancel so I can start trying to get my refund for airfare.  I didn’t feel like doing the L&S because I just don’t know what our plans will be next year.  My oldest child will be a senior in high school and I don’t want her to miss any senior events.  I know there is no way that the cruise will happen.  But, I booked with a non refundable deposit, so I have to wait for them to cancel so I can get my money back.  

I’m going to use that money to book a land-based vacation instead.  I love cruising, but I’m tired of wondering when things will get back to normal.  Land vacations are already happening.  We had an amazing time at the beach this summer renting an Airbnb.  So, I’m going to stick with those types of vacations for now. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

I think all of these small cruise lines are at risk of bankruptcy.  Not too many businesses can stand 6+ months of no revenue.  

There have been quite a few small cruise line casualties - namely:

• Birka - Sweden
  • Pullmantur - Spain
  • Exploration - Seattle
  • Blount - Rhode Island
  • Monterey - Hawaii
  • Luminous - Japan
  • CMV - UK

Among others and others on the brink of bankruptcy.  Let's hope the big ones survive!

24 minutes ago, superduper123 said:

Nothing based on any factual information, and I have personally never sailed on them. Just my opinion because I hear that they are considerably different than Royal. But I suppose that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't a market for what they offer.

They might get the die hard / desperate cruisers before the major lines restart again -- if they are able to stay in business is anyone's guess. 

• Like 1