Princess Medallion

Janet-S-K

14 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Credit monitoring is essentially worthless. You'll find out AFTER someone uses your ID to open an account (or whatever). The best way to prevent identity theft if to freeze all 3 of your credit reports. It's a small PITA to unfreeze for accessing your credit when you open a new account (buy a house, buy a car, etc)...but much safer than monitoring.

I believe you just have to remember to redo it every year.   

I have mine frozen. If I want to buy anything on credit and they need to check my credit. I ask which one are you going to use so I can temporally unfreeze it. Prior to freezing the credit company reports. A card was taken out in my name. A Walmart card. What they did was charge a small amount and actually pay it off. The then the next month charge the card to its limit in purchases. I received a late payment notice on that card. It took a few days to get it taken care of but it was removed from my account and the card cancelled. I check my accounts every day. Never a problem for two years now after freezing the credit reports. Best thing I ever did.

5 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

No. It stays active until you stop it or unfreeze it for a period of time for a credit check.

We've had our credit frozen for 5 or 6 years.

You can do a temporary unfreeze and then it will automatically go back to the freeze. If you unfreeze it then you must re freeze it.

47 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

No. It stays active until you stop it or unfreeze it for a period of time for a credit check.

We've had our credit frozen for 5 or 6 years.

Good to know!!  We just had to freeze ours as we were hit for a second time with identity theft. Glad to know we don't have to go through all that ever again.  

Edit:  I actually think our first round only had a fraud alert, not an actual freeze.  

Edited by Cruise Raider

57 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

You can do a temporary unfreeze and then it will automatically go back to the freeze. If you unfreeze it then you must re freeze it.

Correct. It's offered as a choice...temp or permanent.

Just make sure you don't lose your passwords. I learned that one the hard way. Painful.

17 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I want a red one!! How did you get that color?

Maybe??? Not sure

Blue= first cruise

Red= Ruby status

Grey= Platinum

Black = Elite

You might have to go back to being Ruby (again).

Theo

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Credit monitoring is essentially worthless. You'll find out AFTER someone uses your ID to open an account (or whatever). The best way to prevent identity theft if to freeze all 3 of your credit reports. It's a small PITA to unfreeze for accessing your credit when you open a new account (buy a house, buy a car, etc)...but much safer than monitoring.

I get an alert the same hour that a "hard" check is made on my credit report. Plenty of time before someone would actually have a new card number in their possession to misuse.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Four ! That seems like on overkill just to have it stick in one of their overpriced necklaces. 

By overpriced necklaces I would think you are talking about the ones they sell on the ship. They are very beautiful for I think about $45.00 Currently I see 5 different ones on the auction site from $9.95 to $19.95 

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

By overpriced necklaces I would think you are talking about the ones they sell on the ship. They are very beautiful for I think about $45.00 Currently I see 5 different ones on the auction site from $9.95 to $19.95 

$45 just to display one of the medallions?

I don't think so.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

$45 just to display one of the medallions?

I don't think so.

I agree. However the inexpensive ones are nice. A lot nicer than the big plastic card looking lanyard ones.

Gold, Silver, Stainless steel, Some are surrounded by rhinestones and more or just keep it in your pocket etc.

I am going to get the disc gold one. 

I just use a clip on badge reel so that its readily accessible but indiscreet. Costs less than a cup of coffee if you don't have one from work. 

FWIW I got that suggestion from a Cruise Critic member early last year before my 1st medallion cruise. I keep thinking I'll get a necklace but I like having a 3' range

Edited by Ombud

44 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I just use a clip on badge reel so that its readily accessible but indiscreet. Costs less than a cup of coffee if you don't have one from work. 

FWIW I got that suggestion from a Cruise Critic member early last year before my 1st medallion cruise. I keep thinking I'll get a necklace but I like having a 3' range

Back when I worked I used a retractable reel when I was visiting the Central Office in Sacramento. We always had 3 days of meetings in the early part of the year - one of the two times I ever saw my boss each year. 😎 I needed the ID to get into the building and to run the elevators. Depending on who you were you could access the elevator to a certain height. The gubmnt is a bit paranoid. ISS was on the 5th floor and I think I actually went up to the 6th floor for something one time. I kept the ID on the clip on my belt and could "zing it out" on the retractable thing to use the elevators. Don't know what became of the thing. I gave up working in 2016. Went "on vacation" mid June and retired officially mid August. At one point I was "somebody" but these days I'm just a nobody who gets paid to not do a damn thing. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I love it. If only this stupid virus and these damn fires weren't being such a pain to everybody.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

On 9/7/2020 at 7:41 PM, Renmar said:

Maybe??? Not sure

Blue= first cruise

Red= Ruby status

Grey= Platinum

Black = Elite

You might have to go back to being Ruby (again).

Theo

LOL - you forgot one

Blue= first cruise

Gold = Gold Status (looks kinda green)

Red= Ruby status

Grey= Platinum

Black = Elite