Princess Announces Its 2021-22 Australian Season!

28 minutes ago, timtam2 said:

hmm. logged in again and still guarantees for me. Might have to clear my cache but I'm talking to someone at Princess now.

Are you Elite and logged in to your Princess account?

That may be why you aren't seeing cabins. Today is Elite bookings only so you have to be logged in so Princess recognises your status.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

11 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Are you Elite and logged in to your Princess account?

That may be why you aren't seeing cabins. Today is Elite bookings only so you have to be logged in so Princess recognises your status.

Yes I'm Elite and I had a booking. I spoke to Princess and she couldn't access any stateroom numbers either - but, at  least I've been able to change my booking now to a guarantee in the category I originally wanted (Deluxe Balcony)

As a solo traveller now, full worldie on Coral Princess for me in a balcony cabin would be  $66,000, now that is around $620 per diem, I think I will pass and keep driving around NSW in circles.

Edited by NSWP
  • Haha 1

Just now, NSWP said:

As a solo traveller now, full worldie on Coral Princess for me in a balcony cabin would be  $77,000, now that is around $740 per diem, I think I will pass and keep driving around NSW in circles.

But the best circles are not in NSW.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It looks like the World Cruise is selling out very quickly. Insides, Oceanviews and Suites are sold out. Minisuites are guarantee only. Just balconies left.

I don't know if it usually sells out this fast or it has been selling very fast today due to the change of ship to the Coral.

This is the first time we have been interesting in booking on it due to the cruise being on the Coral and we now have a healthy cruise budget due to cancelled cruises this year.

Manged to book a room earlier this morning on a segment.

3 minutes ago, sewgood said:

I don't know if it usually sells out this fast or it has been selling very fast today due to the change of ship to the Coral.

This is the first time we have been interesting in booking on it due to the cruise being on the Coral and we now have a healthy cruise budget due to cancelled cruises this year.

Coral is a nice ship, we did Panama Canal on her about 4 years ago, just the right size.

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

But the best circles are not in NSW.

I could drive round and round that big circle, called Canberra.😆But I have been there a hundred times, and still get lost.

Edited by NSWP

39 minutes ago, timtam2 said:

Yes I'm Elite and I had a booking. I spoke to Princess and she couldn't access any stateroom numbers either - but, at  least I've been able to change my booking now to a guarantee in the category I originally wanted (Deluxe Balcony)

That's good. Keep checking once things settle down. Some people will change their minds and cabins on hold will free up so you might be able to choose a cabin eventually.

6 minutes ago, sewgood said:

Selling fast because a change of ship to the Aussies and Kiwis, plus potential passengers are hoping cruising is back by May 2022, when she leaves.

Edited by NSWP

50 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It looks like the World Cruise is selling out very quickly. Insides, Oceanviews and Suites are sold out. Minisuites are guarantee only. Just balconies left.

I noticed this ealier.

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That's good. Keep checking once things settle down. Some people will change their minds and cabins on hold will free up so you might be able to choose a cabin eventually.

So right you are.

Now when I log on there are two midship oceanview views available for the Syd to Syd world cruise.

5 minutes ago, sewgood said:

I think it usually sells out fairly quickly, plus there will be people who had 2020 and 2021 Worldies booked and cancelled that now want to do it in 2022.

I'd love to do it but not until 2023 at least. Although I love Sea I think Coral will be a better ship for a long cruise as she has separate speciality restaurants rather than the pop-up Sterling Steakhouse that Sea has. It's nice to have the option of eating somewhere other than the MDR on long cruises, especially if you have a birthday or anniversary. The ambience in the Sterling Steakhouse on Sea is horrid, it's noisy and too brightly lit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

If Princess implements the cruise line shorex only, or no get off policy like MSC has recently, it will be much more expense and then you might see potential pax cancel. Time will tell.

Hopefully this wont be case by mid 2022. But who knows the world has turned outside down.

1 minute ago, sewgood said:

So right you are.

Now when I log on there are two midship oceanview views available for the Syd to Syd world cruise.

I learnt that with trying to book the last minute Sapphire Princess cruises earlier this year. I started with a guarantee booking, then got a selected cabin but it was under the pool, then eventually a mid-aft cabin popped up on a deck I wanted. Then, of course, the cruise was cancelled after all that hard work!

3 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I learnt that with trying to book the last minute Sapphire Princess cruises earlier this year. I started with a guarantee booking, then got a selected cabin but it was under the pool, then eventually a mid-aft cabin popped up on a deck I wanted. Then, of course, the cruise was cancelled after all that hard work!

It took me until 2pm that day to book a room. What a waste of a day as it was cancelled.😄

No real problems today with booking, just had to be fast to get more of a selection though.

18 minutes ago, sewgood said:

It took me until 2pm that day to book a room. What a waste of a day as it was cancelled.😄

No real problems today with booking, just had to be fast to get more of a selection though.

I ended up getting the guarantee cabin through the OZ site but wasn't happy with their final payment date and cancellation policies, so didn't pay the deposit. Then the under pool cabin came up on the Princess website a couple of days later so I nabbed that and let the OZ booking lapse. It took another month or so to get the final choice of cabin. Sad that it was cancelled. It was a great itinerary, with two extra days to the usual one and included Kangaroo Island.

1 hour ago, Porky55 said:

Morning early risers - 5:00am and bookings are open for ‘non Elite’ if you are interested emoji849.png. Prices and all emoji106.png

Gosh, you are up early. I’m tempted but concerned that if I make a booking and need to cancel, even 180+ days out, Princess will only give a FCC. Is this correct? 

1 hour ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Gosh, you are up early. I’m tempted but concerned that if I make a booking and need to cancel, even 180+ days out, Princess will only give a FCC. Is this correct? 

No-one knows for sure. Under their terms and conditions, there is no penalty if you cancel more than 181 days before the cruise, so that indicates it would be a refund. However, in the current situation, no-one can be sure.