Princess Announces Its 2021-22 Australian Season!

Yes, I didn't like it being computer controlled. There is no guarantee how random it is. On the second day we played two people each won two of the rounds each. All five rounds were won by people using the electronic pads instead of the paper cards.

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

20% deposit for the Worldie I believe.  FCD is the way to go for applicable cruises, not laying any money out in the first instance.

I just read on Princess site that full world cruise deposit is 30%, that is a big deposit.

We have booked the 55 day sector UK to Sydney and feel as others do - it’s over 400 days away so Princess will have their act together by then or not and will manage as we need to.

Same with Covid and the vaccine by then - or the World might just go a little crazy 🤪

1 minute ago, Porky55 said:

That’s rather steep emoji848.png We only needed to put down $1981.00 on $42k balcony booking for our sector. They must have their reasons?

It's probably easier to resell a sector than the whole cruise so they want to make sure people are committing to doing the whole cruise.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I booked my two sectors (30 night + 20 night) using FCDs. No cash. 🙂

But you would have had to book them as two sectors not one 50 night sector, yes? I don't think you can use FCDs on bookings over 45 days.

36 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

That’s rather steep emoji848.png We only needed to put down $1981.00 on $42k balcony booking for our sector. They must have their reasons?

All the cruises I looked at (first time cruiser with Princess) required 20% deposit - not long cruises, just 3-14 days. That's what I'm being asked to pay for the two short legs I've got on hold for March/April, 2022. Seems a lot but I guess they're keen to get some cash flow happening quick smart.

[quote post="60364894".
A lot of people have rushed in and booked these Worldies on Sea Princess next May and Coral in May 2022, without knowing what policies will be implemented covid safety wise, thus impacting on the quality, value for their money and enjoyment of their cruise.  That disturbs me.

Not sure the Sea Princess WC will go ahead in 2021 and wasn’t it mostly sold out?
But Coral Princess in 2022 - making a booking on that cruise which is 600 days away is, to me, just being optimistic about the future of cruising [emoji106] [emoji38]

All the cruises I looked at (first time cruiser with Princess) required 20% deposit - not long cruises, just 3-14 days. That's what I'm being asked to pay for the two short legs I've got on hold for March/April, 2022. Seems a lot but I guess they're keen to get some cash flow happening quick smart.

Booking direct with Princess?

Just now, Porky55 said:

Booking direct with Princess?

Yes, absolutely - on their website. I guess if one doesn't have a loyalty status with them, they are trying to capitalise on every booking by getting the most cash flow from it. That's judging by what others have posted here about much lesser deposits. Maybe it's a lot less if you're using FCD to try to get you to book, maybe, two instead of one? I would normally expect to pay 10% deposit unless it was close to sailing. Cunard is offering 5% deposit for a number of Australian/NZ cruises in late 2021-2022 but it's non-refundable as far as I can tell which is a deal breaker for me at this stage.

29 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

That sounds steep for a deposit on Princess, although I can't actually recall what they've been in the past few years as we always have a few Future Cruise Deposits on our account. If you decide you like Princess it would be worth buying FCDs. Only a $100 per person each and you only need one pp as your deposit. You can buy as many as you like though. You get good OBC when you use them - on cruises of 14+ days you get more than the value of the FCD.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

11 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Cunard is offering 5% deposit for a number of Australian/NZ cruises in late 2021-2022 but it's non-refundable as far as I can tell which is a deal breaker for me at this stage.

We've taken the risk with Cunard for Dec 2021. The fares and deposit were too good to pass up. I normally don't like non-refundable deposits but sometimes it's worth the risk. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We've taken the risk with Cunard for Dec 2021. The fares and deposit were too good to pass up. I normally don't like non-refundable deposits but sometimes it's worth the risk. 

I want to maintain some flexibility for family reasons but I'm hoping there'll still be some options closer to those sailings. I'd like to see some sort of promotion on the fares before I book; having said that though, with so many people with credits for cancelled cruises that they need to use, the lines don't seem to be under any pressure to discount anything.

Also, when I booked the Princess cruises today, I didn't get the option of the two fares as was advertised in the brochure that was linked here the other day - the slightly higher fare that included drinks and internet. There was just the one price for each cabin type and I don't seem to have drinks or internet included.

23 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Also, when I booked the Princess cruises today, I didn't get the option of the two fares as was advertised in the brochure that was linked here the other day - the slightly higher fare that included drinks and internet. There was just the one price for each cabin type and I don't seem to have drinks or internet included.

They may have filled their quota of drinks packages for those cruises. I checked a couple - a 3 day one in March 22 that didn't give that option and the 6 day one in October 21 that I booked yesterday which was still showing that choice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They may have filled their quota of drinks packages for those cruises. I checked a couple - a 3 day one in March 22 that didn't give that option and the 6 day one in October 21 that I booked yesterday which was still showing that choice.

I thought they only ever offered the drinks packages on cruises of more than 7 days.

41 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That sounds steep for a deposit on Princess, although I can't actually recall what they've been in the past few years as we always have a few Future Cruise Deposits on our account. If you decide you like Princess it would be worth buying FCDs. Only a $100 per person each and you only need one pp as your deposit. You can buy as many as you like though. You get good OBC when you use them - on cruises of 14+ days you get more than the value of the FCD.

20% is pretty normal deposit for Princess. 

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Thanks for the heads up on that.

20 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

20% is pretty normal deposit for Princess. 

Good to know. I'll have to keep that in mind for next time I thinking about booking a longer Princess cruise.

1 minute ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Thanks for the heads up on that.

Good to know. I'll have to keep that in mind for next time I thinking about booking a longer Princess cruise.

Get some FCC when your on your next Princess cruise. I've got none left now. But I might do a shortie cruise to get some more. If I know cruising going back to normal before I do my cruise booked in 2022.

Just now, icat2000 said:

Get some FCC when your on your next Princess cruise. I've got none left now. But I might do a shortie cruise to get some more. If I know cruising going back to normal before I do my cruise booked in 2022.

Are they refunded to you automatically if you don't use them within a certain length of time? or do you do your dough?

4 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Are they refunded to you automatically if you don't use them within a certain length of time? or do you do your dough?

Yes they are refundable (well they were prior to COVID) or if you cancel your cruise they put them back on your profile for you to use again. I didn't get mine refunded when our cruise in August was cancelled. I just asked them to put them on my profile as I probably knew I would use them again.

They only $100 per passenger. But you can only buy them on a cruise. 

Edited by icat2000
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

But you would have had to book them as two sectors not one 50 night sector, yes? I don't think you can use FCDs on bookings over 45 days.

I made two separate bookings because that is what Princess offered. They didn't offer Dubai to NYC as a segment. Two separate bookings mean more OBC🙂. I have a total $1,770. That will cover a few bottles of wine🙂.

It is up to Princess whether I have the one cabin for both segments. I am prepared to switch cabins if I have to. Hope I don't have to.