Costa ready to roll

jimbo5544

19 hours ago, drsel said:

My Costa itinerary is still showing that I have to board on the 19th of October in Abu Dhabi.

if they cancel how much advance notice do they have to give us, because I have to buy the air ticket

TBF it seems to be cruise companies policy (and Im not just looking at Costa re this) at the moment that the cancel is done as late as possible - usually after the final payment!! - things are getting better though with some companies now writing off the year..

Costa, MSC though are in a different position as they are actually cruising so they may be very optimistic and say to countries - "look our systems work, here's the proof - let us in". End of the day though it comes down to the individual countries.

Has to be said UK CCL shares look like an absolute bargain at the moment (TBF most things (airlines and shipping)in the cyclical consumer look well placed for a good 3 or 4 year lift) even if divs are held back.

I saw on YouTube (travelling with Bruce) that Costa are going to cancel all trans Atlantic cruises until May next year, at the earliest. That's two cruises cancelled for me, if true. Hope I am wrong, but I don't see them sailing to the UAE in  5 weeks time.

1 hour ago, gerryuk said:

I saw on YouTube (travelling with Bruce) that Costa are going to cancel all trans Atlantic cruises until May next year, at the earliest. That's two cruises cancelled for me, if true. Hope I am wrong, but I don't see them sailing to the UAE in  5 weeks time.

Thanks Gerry.

COSTA CRUISE NEWS PLUS NO VACCINE TILL AT LEAST 2021 SAYS FORMER FDA LEADER - YouTube

• Like 1

People have already made full payment for the Italy to Dubai and Abu Dhabi repositioning Cruises of Costa diadema on 26 Sep 2020, as well as round trip Cruises from Dubai and Abu Dhabi in October 2020.

The UAE Cruise season is from 19th October 2020 till March 2021

MSc and AIDA also be coming to UAE in late 2020.

I am not sure how to understand below message, but probably Costa is cancelling also all cruises to/from Middle East until March 2021. For Costa Diadema planned for Dubai cruises now they are offering different itineraries.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23490-costa-expands-europe-program-for-2020-2021-season.html

17 hours ago, drsel said:

People have already made full payment for the Italy to Dubai and Abu Dhabi repositioning Cruises of Costa diadema on 26 Sep 2020, as well as round trip Cruises from Dubai and Abu Dhabi in October 2020.

The UAE Cruise season is from 19th October 2020 till March 2021

MSc and AIDA also be coming to UAE in late 2020.

Sorry -- looks like the Diadema isn't going to the Gulf at all this year but is staying in the Mediterranean and Canary Islands.

35 minutes ago, greg2014 said:

I am not sure how to understand below message, but probably Costa is cancelling also all cruises to/from Middle East until March 2021. For Costa Diadema planned for Dubai cruises now they are offering different itineraries.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23490-costa-expands-europe-program-for-2020-2021-season.html

This isn't the whole picture. The official press notice says that the Favolosa Caribbean cruises are not included in the winter cancellations. We have a transatlantic booked on the Favolosa in December, plus two Caribbean cruises on it thereafter. I had just about written them all off, but now have at least some hope...

But the Fascinosa back from Santos in April 2021 is definitely cancelled.

Edited by kremerlorraine
Additional information

Sorry -- looks like the Diadema isn't going to the Gulf at all this year but is staying in the Mediterranean and Canary Islands.

Costa UK site is still showing 27th September 2020 departure of Diadema from Italy to Abu Dhabi and the round trip Cruises from Abu Dhabi and Dubai in October 2020.

These Cruises are still available for booking right now.

my Costa app is still showing my Diadema Cruises in October 2020, with the countdown of 38 days.

In March 2021 the Diadema is scheduled to Cruise from Dubai and Abu Dhabi back to Italy

20 minutes ago, drsel said:

Costa UK site is still showing 27th September 2020 departure of Diadema from Italy to Abu Dhabi and the round trip Cruises from Abu Dhabi and Dubai in October 2020.

my Costa app is still showing my Diadema Cruises in October 2020, with the countdown of 38 days.

In March 2021 the Diadema is scheduled to Cruise from Dubai and Abu Dhabi back to Italy

27 minutes ago, drsel said:

I just tried to make a booking on the cruise I am supposed to take from Abu Dhabi on November 27th.  Up until today, I was always able to see cabins available but today I got the message " It is not possible to book the cruise."  This is the first time I have seen that. Not looking hopeful.

12 hours ago, Costa Cruising Jean said:

I have no idea why you are still discussing about this for a long time, I was booked on the Diadema from Marseille on September 26 and this cruise was canceled officialy by Costa about a month ago, I received the voucher already two weeks ago.

Thank you for the information Jean. It would be nice if Costa informed the rest of us who are booked for cruises in the UAE. We have not been told our cruises are cancelled, that is why we continue to discuss it.

13 hours ago, Costa Cruising Jean said:

I have no idea why you are still discussing about this for a long time, I was booked on the Diadema from Marseille on September 26 and this cruise was canceled officialy by Costa about a month ago, I received the voucher already two weeks ago.

I too was booked on this cruise and received a email from Costa a month ago informing me that it had been cancelled. However i believe it was cancelled for me because i am not Italian and it was probably the same for you.

I think that Costa are still selling on the faint hope that it will be able to go with Italians only. Now we are getting near the date of departure its unlikely that this will sail to the UAE with customers on board. Costa website states that all cruises are cancelled until the 30th September apart from those sailing around Italy with only Italians on board. Now whether this then sails to the UAE without customers on board and then goes into service from the UAE in October, seems to me to be very unlikely, but you never know.

17 hours ago, drsel said:

Phone them up and ask them to confirm one way or the other. On the Costa website there is a option for you to get them to call you at the time you want. 

Drsel... i have just tried to do a mock booking to the UAE on Costas website. There is now nothing to book either to or from Europe to the UAE or around the UAE until March next year. All this years sailings in and around the UAE have been removed from their website. If indeed they have all been cancelled, they should be able to inform you by phone. 

• Like 2

SOURCE: Costa Italy website https://www.costacrociere.it/ripartiremo-insieme.html

(with google translated from italian to English)

Winter 2020/21, a season full of news!

After announcing the resumption of our September cruises with Costa Deliziosa and Costa Diadema in recent days, we have redesigned our itineraries from October 2020 to March 2021 , which will see the gradual return of an increasing number of ships.
Thanks to the new health procedures  concerning the entire cruise experience and all the destinations reached, we can always guarantee our guests maximum safety on land and on board .
Our winter 2020/21 cruises will also be open to European citizens residing in the countries indicated in the decree of the President of the Council of Ministers*, while the limitation to Italian guests only will remain for the first 3 Costa Deliziosa departures in September and the first Costa Diadema departure.

Here are the new itineraries for the winter!

In the coming days you will have the opportunity to purchase them on our website, by calling our Cruise Experts at 800.588.589
and at travel agencies.

The Mediterranean dessert

TO REDISCOVER ITALY

Costa Deliziosa will depart from Trieste every Sunday  with Italian guests from 6 to 20 September 2020, and with Italian and European guests * from 27 September to 4 October 2020. It will visit Bari, Brindisi, Corigliano-Rossano, Syracuse and Catania.
Discover the departures >>

On 19 September Costa Diadema will leave Genoa with Italian guests to discover Civitavecchia / Rome, Naples, Palermo, Cagliari and La Spezia. 

GREECE AND EGYPT

From 10 October 2020 Costa Deliziosa will offer a one-week itinerary from Trieste to Greece. 

From November 2020 Costa Diadema will offer 14-day cruises from Savona to the east, bound for Egypt  and Greece.

ITALY, FRANCE AND SPAIN

For those wishing to discover the western Mediterranean , from 10 October 2020 Costa Smeralda , the first sensational flagship of the fleet powered by liquefied natural gas (LNG), will carry out 7-day cruises in the name of sustainability and respect for the environment . The ideal way to savor the unique atmosphere of cities rich in history and culture such as Savona, Marseille, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Palermo and Civitavecchia / Rome.

Our big news: Costa Firenze  in the Western Mediterranean

The December 27, 2020 will be the day of the debut Coast Florence , the new ship in our fleet, which all winter will offer a new route seven days in the Mediterranean Sea to the discovery of Savona, La Spezia, Naples, Valencia, Barcelona, Marseille.

Canary Islands

TOWARDS THE IMMENSITY OF THE ATLANTIC

Always a popular destination, even the Canary Islands are confirmed by the new Costa Cruises program. From November 2020 , Costa Diadema will offer a 12-day itinerary beyond the Pillars of Hercules that will alternate with the one directed to Egypt and Greece.

World Tour

AN EXTRAORDINARY EXPERIENCE

The Giro del Mondo will start as scheduled for its thirteenth edition on January 3, 2021 , with Costa Deliziosa . A great adventure in 116 days , across 3 oceans, to discover 4 continents.

Edited by Serengeti228

Drsel... i have just tried to do a mock booking to the UAE on Costas website. There is now nothing to book either to or from Europe to the UAE or around the UAE until March next year. All this years sailings in and around the UAE have been removed from their website. If indeed they have all been cancelled, they should be able to inform you by phone. 

Jerry you are genius!

just yesterday, all bookings for Costa diadema in October 2020 were seen on the Costa UK website. but today they have just disappeared.

And there is no Costa diadema sailling until May 2021

My Costa app still shows a countdown of 37 days.

I wonder when I will get my 200 pounds onboard credit for transferring my full payment to a future Cruise.

I recently made the full payment on 28 August, the last date for doing so.

Which bargains are available right now ?

Smeralda from Dubai to Italy or Italy to Dubai?