Costa ready to roll

jimbo5544

I have no idea why you are still discussing about this for a long time, I was booked on the Diadema from Marseille on September 26 and this cruise was canceled officialy by Costa about a month ago, I received the voucher already two weeks ago.
You are right Jean.
The Cruise from Italy to Dubai and Abu Dhabi is cancelled for everyone, not just for non italians like us.

13 minutes ago, drsel said:

My Costa app still shows a countdown of 37 days.

I wonder when I will get my 200 pounds onboard credit for transferring my full payment to a future Cruise.

I recently made the full payment on 28 August, the last date for doing so.

Which bargains are available right now ?

Smeralda from Dubai to Italy or Italy to Dubai?

I received 200sterling for my cancelled cruise, but my cruise was for 29 nights. I think the amount you get depends on the number of nights you had booked. 

You will receive a email confirming that your cruise is officially cancelled and the amount of OBC you will receive if you don't go down the refund road.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 9:48 AM, ighten said:

Has to be said UK CCL shares look like an absolute bargain at the moment (TBF most things (airlines and shipping)in the cyclical consumer look well placed for a good 3 or 4 year lift) even if divs are held back.

Yup, most of the bad news is already priced into the stock.  When they come out with a Vaccine next year, CCL should appreciate significantly.

I received 200sterling for my cancelled cruise, but my cruise was for 29 nights. I think the amount you get depends on the number of nights you had booked. 
You will receive a email confirming that your cruise is officially cancelled and the amount of OBC you will receive if you don't go down the refund road.
My 2 Costa Diadema Cruises in October are still seen on mycosta.com as well as on the Costa app.

Alcohol packages, shore excursions, photo packages are still available for purchase on mycosta.com

I was wondering if I had not made the final payment would I have forfeited my deposit?

16 hours ago, drsel said:

My 2 Costa Diadema Cruises in October are still seen on mycosta.com as well as on the Costa app.

Alcohol packages, shore excursions, photo packages are still available for purchase on mycosta.com

I was wondering if I had not made the final payment would I have forfeited my deposit?

My booking still shows as well. I think you would have forfeited your deposit under the original conditions of booking. I had a land tour booked and they clearly stated that even if you think your tour will be cancelled you needed to pay the balance or lose the deposit.

I think this is what to expect now.

http://www.cruisetotravel.com/2020/09/10/costa-cruises-reveals-new-2020-2021-winter-schedule/

But if Covid cases continue to rise in the EU,  who knows.

• Like 1

My booking still shows as well. I think you would have forfeited your deposit under the original conditions of booking. I had a land tour booked and they clearly stated that even if you think your tour will be cancelled you needed to pay the balance or lose the deposit

I just spoke to costa UK and the customer service executive said that in the next few days we will get an email about a future Cruise credit and OBC.

She did not confirm how much OBC would be given because she doesn't know.

FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT AND OBC IS ONLY GIVEN TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE PAID IN FULL FOR A CRUISE WHICH WAS CANCELLED by Costa.

If anyone had not paid the final payment before the deadline, the accounts department would have sent them reminders to pay.

If they still did not pay then there would be penalties or the passenger would forfeit the deposit, provided the cruise sailed as scheduled.

In case the passenger did not make the final payment AND the cruise was also cancelled then there would be no penalties.

The deposit would be converted into a future Cruise credit without any loss to the passenger.

BUT I DOUBT ANY OBC WOULD BE GIVEN in such a case.

When Costa cancelled my April 2021 Cruises well before the deadline for final payment, they did not offer me any OBC to transfer my deposit to a future Cruise.
Because my deposit was a small amount.

Instead they offered me a 100% refund or 30% discount for any Cruise up till November 2020 or 10% discount for any Cruise after November 2020.
That is why I booked Diadema in October 2020 with a 30% discount.

1 hour ago, drsel said:

I just spoke to costa UK and the customer service executive said that in the next few days we will get an email about a future Cruise credit and OBC.

She did not confirm how much OBC would be given because she doesn't know.

FUTURE CRUISE CREDIT AND OBC IS ONLY GIVEN TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE PAID IN FULL FOR A CRUISE WHICH WAS CANCELLED by Costa.

If anyone had not paid the final payment before the deadline, the accounts department would have sent them reminders to pay.

If they still did not pay then there would be penalties or the passenger would forfeit the deposit, provided the cruise sailed as scheduled.

In case the passenger did not make the final payment AND the cruise was also cancelled then there would be no penalties.

The deposit would be converted into a future Cruise credit without any loss to the passenger.

BUT I DOUBT ANY OBC WOULD BE GIVEN in such a case.

This is clearly not the case.

My cruise to Dubai from Savona was supposed to get under way in a couple of days, Costa cancelled it. I was offered FCC and £ 200 sterling OBC, or a full refund. I opted for FCC and the £ 200 OBC, however i only put down £ 100 sterling to book the room with the rest to be paid once i had received a refund from a cancelled cruise back in March. Once i received the refund i did not pay the balance and waited to see whether the cruise would be cancelled. A few weeks later i received a email from Costa confirming that the cruise had indeed been cancelled, but i still received the FCC and OBC, which i have put down on a cruise in 2022.   

Seems to me that they are making it up as they go along, also the penalty for non payment of final payment was done away with months ago.

FAQ

Does the voucher amount equal to the balance I made?

The amount of the voucher corresponds exactly to what cashed by Costa at the time of the cancellation, either the down payment or the entire balance.

Will the voucher equal the penalty amount at the time of cancellation?

No, the penalty has been cancelled. The voucher is equal to the amount cashed by Costa.

Who will the voucher be addressed to?

The voucher will be entitled to the booking holder (i.e. primary person in the booking)

Can I use the voucher on multiple bookings?

Yes, the same voucher can be used for the purchase of several new cruises until its amount is zero, and in any case within 18 months from the date of issue. It can also be used for other pre-sale services.

Is the voucher transferable?

No, the voucher is not transferable to any other person who wasn´t in the original booking

How valid is the voucher and on which departures can it be used?

The voucher can be spent within 18 months of issue for cruise bookings with return by 30 April 2022.

Does the voucher cover all the costs of the case including insurance, any visas, other?

The voucher amount depends on the amount collected by Costa at the time of cancellation. Insurance, schedule flights and Visa are excluded

If the voucher amount is higher than the total amount of the new booking, is it possible to get a refund for the residual amount? Can it be used on another booking? Is it possible to have it in the form of credit to be spent on board?

It is not possible to have a refund in cash, if the total of the new booking is less than the amount of the voucher. The new booking can be of a lower, equal or greater value than that of the voucher. In order not to lose part of the voucher you can book other new cruises or add additional services to the new booking up to covering the entire amount of the voucher. In any case, the voucher must be used until its valid is zero within 18 months from the date of issue.

Can the voucher be used on all rates?

Yes, the voucher can be used on any rate.

Can I use the voucher on a departure that I have already confirmed?

No, the voucher can only be used on new bookings.

Edited by gerryuk
z

200 pounds OBC is given if you have paid in full and your Cruise is cancelled by Costa.

Gerry, I think in your case, Costa cancelled your 2nd cruise before the final payment date.

But what happens to those passengers who have not paid the final payment by the deadline and Costa cancels the cruise after the final payment date?

Will they still get OBC along with the FCC or only a FCC for the deposit amount?

The OBC is a very grey area which is not mentioned in the FAQ s.

Whether or not OBC will be given at all and if so, how much OBC?

1 hour ago, drsel said:

200 pounds OBC is given if you have paid in full and your Cruise is cancelled by Costa.

Gerry, I think in your case, Costa cancelled your 2nd cruise before the final payment date.

But what happens to those passengers who have not paid the final payment by the deadline and Costa cancels the cruise after the final payment date?

Will they still get OBC along with the FCC or only a FCC for the deposit amount?

The OBC is a very grey area which is not mentioned in the FAQ s.

Whether or not OBC will be given at all and if so, how much OBC?

I think its a moot point now, as all Costa cruises have been cancelled, except for Italians customers. They wont be chasing anybody for non payment of their balance, as everybody's cruises have  been cancelled. 

The only cruises available to book on the Costa website are for winter med cruises on the Deliziosa, Smeralda, Favolosa and a trans Atlantic to  Guadeloupe on the Pacifica next year. 

I have 2 trans Atlantics booked on the Fascinosa in November and April 2021 next year, both have been cancelled. I have not received official conformation that they have been cancelled. I have paid deposit on both cruises and will be expecting either a refund or FCC / OBC. At the end of the day they have cancelled, not me. If they want people to re book and not take a refund they have to offer OBC as an incentive, otherwise everybody will just take the refund, yet they need the money.

I was expecting more cruises to be announced by Costa this week or next week, for starting in October / November. However the number of infections in Europe are shooting up again, so will be surprised if there are many more sailings announced for this year. 

More info for winter season emerging. 

Our new winter 2020/21 itineraries, a season rich in exiting holiday opportunities!

After the restart of our cruise operations in September with Costa Deliziosa and Costa Diadema, we’ve redesigned our itineraries from October 2020 to March 2021 with the gradual return of an increasing number of ships.
Thanks to new health procedures relating to all aspects of the cruise experience and all detinations achieved, we will always ensure maximum safety on board and ashore.
Our winter season 2020/21 will also be open to European citizens residing in the countries included in the decree of the Italian Government*, while limitation to Italians only is confirmed for the first three departures of Costa Deliziosa and Costa Diadema in September.

We are glad to introduece the new itineraries for the winter!

In the next few days you will have the opportunity to reserve them online on our website and in travel agencies.

THE MILD MEDITERRANEAN

palma-di-maiorca_d.jpg

ITALY, FRANCE AND SPAIN

On the western side of the Mediterranean Costa Smeralda, the Italian company’s first sensational flagship fueled by LNG, will be operating from October 10, 2020, on one-week cruises based on sustainability and respect for the environment. The ideal way of savoring the unique atmosphere in cities full of history and culture like Savona, Marseille, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Cagliari and Civitavecchia/Rome.

Discover the cruises >>

Our big news: Costa Firenze in West Mediterranean

December 27, 2020 will see the debut of our new fleet member Costa Firenze. For the entire winter season Costa Firenze will be offering a brand new 7-day itinerary in the Mediterranean, including Savona, La Spezia, Naples, Valencia, Barcelona, Marseille.

C079_Egypt_box.jpg

GREECE AND EGYPT

From October 10, 2020 to December 2020, Costa Deliziosa will depart from Trieste on one-week cruises to visit Greece.
Discover the Cruise >>

From December 2020, Costa Diadema will be sailing East, offering 14-day cruises from Savona to Egypt and Greece.

ortigia-isole_d.jpg

REDISCOVERY OF ITALY

The Costa Deliziosa itinerary dedicated to the rediscovery of Italy will be available also for European residents* on September 27. A truly exceptional variety of proposals to be experienced in a single 7-days holiday: Trieste, Bari, Brindisi, Corigliano-Rossano, Siracusa and Catania.
Discover the cruise >>

CANARY ISLANDS

tenerife-las-teresitas.jpg

CONTEMPLATING IMMENSITY OF THE ATLANTIC

Always a popular destination, the Canary Islands are part of Costa winter 2020/21 program of cruises. Starting from November 2020, Costa Diadema will take guests on a 12-day itinerary en route beyond the Pillars of Hercules. This itinerary will alternate with the one directed to Egypt and Greece.

THE WORLD TOUR

words-cover_d.jpg

EXTRAORDINARY EXPERIENCE

The World Cruise is also confIrmed, departing on January 3, 2021 for its thirteenth edition. A great adventure of the sea with Costa Deliziosa in 116 days, to sail through 3 oceans and discover 4 continents.

Do you have a confirmed booking for one of the canceled cruises?

Due to the protracted emergency situation, Costa Cruises has decided to extend the voluntary suspension of its cruises until 30 September, with the exception of Costa Deliziosa and Costa Diadema which will depart from 6 September.

The other itineraries from October 2020 to March 2021 (except those of Costa Favolosa in the Caribbean of which we will inform you as soon as possible) will be subject to cancellations or variations. We are taking steps to inform travel agents and guests affected by the changes, who will be guaranteed re-routing as established by applicable law.

Costa Cruises is taking steps to inform travel agents and customers affected by the changes, who will receive a voucher equivalent to what the Company has collected, as a form of greater guarantee for travelers.

So you can now travel from the UK on the 27th September but one thing confuses me.. Does the orange list(when you click the drop down list)  mean you have to present the results of a swab or does it mean you have to have a swab on embarkation.. Im guessing the former as it also mentions a test time of 72 hours at the latest..

So you will have to add the cost on of a quick turnaround private swab test.. Other than that it seems a great little itinerary for the East Coast of Italy.

Quite a few no sail rules  though including no one over 65

Now my 2 Costa Diadema Cruises have been removed from the Costa app.

But on mycosta.com the Cruises are still showing as booked, but the departure is from Valletta and another port in Italy, not from Abu Dhabi.

The itinerary is completely different-- ports in Italy only.

I still have not received any email confirmation from Costa.

2 hours ago, drsel said:

Now my 2 Costa Diadema Cruises have been removed from the Costa app.

But on mycosta.com the Cruises are still showing as booked, but the departure is from Valletta and another port in Italy, not from Abu Dhabi.

The itinerary is completely different-- ports in Italy only.

I still have not received any email confirmation from Costa.

Yes, same for us - it now show us in Italy and even in the same cabin. I had booked some tours in the UAE which are still showing so now we visit the Great Mosque at Night while in Tenerife.

Do you think they are going to contact us or do we have do something? We certainly won't be on that ship. 

Yes, same for us - it now show us in Italy and even in the same cabin. I had booked some tours in the UAE which are still showing so now we visit the Great Mosque at Night while in Tenerife.
Do you think they are going to contact us or do we have do something? We certainly won't be on that ship. 
We have to phone Costa UK on Monday and clarify what they are going to give us.
we should expect/ demand at least 200 pounds OBC for each cancelled Cruise

We have to phone Costa UK on Monday and clarify what they are going to give us.
we should expect/ demand at least 200 pounds OBC for each cancelled Cruise
I just spoke to Costa UK and she confirmed that we will get 100% future Cruise credit along with OBC to transfer our full payment to a future Cruise.

If you book a future Cruise up to six nights, the OBC is 150 euros per cabin.

if you book a future Cruise of seven nights or longer, the OBC is 200 euros per cabin.

Didn't mention anything about a full cash refund.
We will get an email shortly.

39 minutes ago, drsel said:

I just spoke to Costa UK and she confirmed that we will get 100% future Cruise credit along with OBC to transfer our full payment to a future Cruise.

If you book a future Cruise up to six nights, the OBC is 150 euros per cabin.

if you book a future Cruise of seven nights or longer, the OBC is 200 euros per cabin.

Didn't mention anything about a full cash refund.
We will get an email shortly.

How long into the future are bookings allowed? They have cancelled all the S. American cruises in 2021 and non residents of the EU are not being allowed on this year and passenger numbers are being reduced. How will everyone get to use up their credits before they expire?

57 minutes ago, Lunenburg said:

How long into the future are bookings allowed? They have cancelled all the S. American cruises in 2021 and non residents of the EU are not being allowed on this year and passenger numbers are being reduced. How will everyone get to use up their credits before they expire?

The voucher can be spent within 18 months of issue for cruise bookings with return by 30 April 2022.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gerryuk said:

Considering my cruise was in December  - that does not give us 18 months. I think a refund is a better option.

Considering my cruise was in December  - that does not give us 18 months. I think a refund is a better option.
I kind of agree with you, because I am looking at fares for 2021 and they have gone up significantly.
They are substantially more than Costas competitors.