2 Day Bahama cruises set to resume 11/4/20 ??

voljeep

It's at least a start, hopefully ... baby steps

My wife actually went on one of these as a "girls trip" - she stated it was fun ( because of the girls ), but it wasn't anything near to the Princess experience

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/florida-to-bahamas-cruise-line-now-aims-for-november-return-to-sailing/ar-BB18Hzag?li=BBnbfcL

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, memoak said:

2 days is not a cruise.  Sorry

drivable ... having a choice is a beautiful thing you gotta admit ...combine it with a couple of nights pre-cruise at the Hilton Marina PE/FLL - or combine a 'cruise and stay' with one of their resort partners'  - a nice long weekend

but, yeah

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 2

My wife actually went on one of these as a "girls trip" - she stated it was fun ( because of the girls ), but it wasn't anything near to the Princess experience

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/florida-to-bahamas-cruise-line-now-aims-for-november-return-to-sailing/ar-BB18Hzag?li=BBnbfcL

I would NEVER book this “cruise line”. Uugh!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Bahamas really changed their tune. Last year they were complaining that cruising didn't do enough for their economy and they thought they were getting shafted. Now they are almost begging for ships to come. Be careful what you wish for...

Unless this cruise line has improved drastically in the last few years it is awful!  Our daughter went on this cruise with a friend and was disgusted at the tiny room, the awful food and she was charged for something that they refused to refund. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

Unless this cruise line has improved drastically in the last few years it is awful!  Our daughter went on this cruise with a friend and was disgusted at the tiny room, the awful food and she was charged for something that they refused to refund. 

Surely there must have been something good about the cruise? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

Bahamas Cruise line ships are former CCL ships. The one starting used to be Carnival Celebration, the other was a Costa ship so that gives you an idea of stateroom size

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

Bahamas Cruise line ships are former CCL ships. The one starting used to be Carnival Celebration, the other was a Costa ship so that gives you an idea of stateroom size

The ship pictured in the article is actually a converted ferry from somewhere in Europe. A few years back a guy did a YouTube video about the $99 cruise his wife bought for them.  Part of it involved a timeshare pitch.  All in all the experience was pretty sad.

10 minutes ago, ar1950 said:

The ship pictured in the article is actually a converted ferry from somewhere in Europe. A few years back a guy did a YouTube video about the $99 cruise his wife bought for them.  Part of it involved a timeshare pitch.  All in all the experience was pretty sad.

I stand corrected.  I was just going by current Wikipedia info

Screenshot_20200905-132715_Chrome.thumb.jpg.af4e41256843cbff27b4b2d64f139833.jpg

Edited by Ombud

On 9/4/2020 at 7:34 AM, voljeep said:

With any "cruise" this short, it is likely that anyone who develops detectable Covid-19 will have already completed the cruise so the ship will not have an on board outbreak.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, caribill said:

With any "cruise" this short, it is likely that anyone who develops detectable Covid-19 will have already completed the cruise so the ship will not have an on board outbreak.

It is only a two day cruise for the passengers.  The crew will be exposed to whatever the constantly changing group of passengers bring on board.