Thank you cruise critic hosts.

neverbeenhere

I, for one would like to thank the hosts here at cruise critic for all they do and don’t do. They put up with all types of snarky and inappropriate behavior and generally understand the levity of others. 

The Unofficial Board of Cruise Critic voted and approved a doubling salaries and vacation pay for all hosts. They decided to return to the generous raise strategy after this year’s “as many free cruises as you want from April to August” didn’t pan out so well. 
I wish you all the best, especially this wonderful C.J. Skids that hosts the Princess board. 

Enjoy your cruises, when you can. 
  • Like 5

I love that cruise critic allows us to get so much valuable info about cruises, ships, cabins, flights, ports, shore excursions, and other things.  There is a wealth of knowledge on these forums; and the hosts keep everything running smoothly.  Cheers

• Like 3

On 9/4/2020 at 10:02 PM, neverbeenhere said:

I, for one would like to thank the hosts here at cruise critic for all they do and don’t do. They put up with all types of snarky and inappropriate behavior and generally understand the levity of others. 

The Unofficial Board of Cruise Critic voted and approved a doubling salaries and vacation pay for all hosts. They decided to return to the generous raise strategy after this year’s “as many free cruises as you want from April to August” didn’t pan out so well. 
I wish you all the best, especially this wonderful C.J. Skids that hosts the Princess board. 

I can’t thank you enough for the kind words!  It really made my day.

It’s not always nice things thrown our way so this was an extremely nice to read. 

Enjoy your weekend. 

I’ll make sure you send a message internally so all the hosts can see it. 

Edited by Host CJSKIDS
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Well said!  And the nice thing about the doubled salaries here is that they're all non-taxable! 🙂

Tom

• Like 1

15 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

I, for one would like to thank the hosts here at cruise critic for all they do and don’t do. 

It is against the rules to post what you have posted.

For consistency, this thread should be removed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

What they ^^^ said.

I was clobbered several months ago by really nasty, hypercritical, outright "you're an idiot" type posting.  On almost any board I viewed.  The hosts have cleared those posters off the boards, and I thank them for it.

41 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

Roberto, we praise our hard working board hosts all the time.  Been doing it since I've been a member, and that's 18 years.  Maybe you misread one of the policies.............

1 hour ago, Roberto256 said:

1 hour ago, pcur said:

Roberto, we praise our hard working board hosts all the time.  Been doing it since I've been a member, and that's 18 years.  Maybe you misread one of the policies.............

He had a point... 

"Discussion of the management of this community is not allowed on the forums.  Your post will be removed and you may receive a Guideline Reminder.  However, we would be happy to address any concerns you have via email.   Please write to the Community Manager at:  community@cruisecritic.com."

I think this thread would be considered a suitable exception by both CC mgmt and the Princess members.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

What...removed?  Is your statement for real. No way to remove this thread as we compliment all of the work that the hosts do for us. On a number of cruises where I hosted our Meet & Greet I was provided a number of CC items to use in a raffle. I still have one of there light weight jackets which I treasure. 

You have seen that the majority of people posting here don’t agree with you. 

Tom😎

Edited by trbarton
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2020 at 1:52 PM, pcur said:

The rules are here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/guidelines/

This is the section of interest:

"Discussion of the management of this community is not allowed on the forums."

I can't even tell you why I feel strongly about this, as that's against the rules.

8 minutes ago, Roberto256 said:

The rules are here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/guidelines/

This is the section of interest:

"Discussion of the management of this community is not allowed on the forums."

I can't even tell you why I feel strongly about this, as that's against the rules.

Please read all of the rules....."Please write to the Community Manager at:  community@cruisecritic.com.

This is not the place for you to assume powers that you do not have.  The above 'rule' will clear things up if you have an issue or problem with a post.

12 hours ago, thinfool said:

Please read all of the rules....."Please write to the Community Manager at:  community@cruisecritic.com.

This is not the place for you to assume powers that you do not have.  The above 'rule' will clear things up if you have an issue or problem with a post.

I haven't assumed any powers.  I simply quoted the community guidelines.

Amusingly, you have now done exactly the same thing.

• Haha 1

Hi Mods

I also thank you and would like to see one improvement. The amount of off topic posts has gotten out of hand. I stop reading threads because they are no longer valid in relation to the topic. Huge posts with pictures that are not relevant slow down the pages loading and are annoying.

Thanks            cruzsnooze

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

Hi Mods

I also thank you and would like to see one improvement. The amount of off topic posts has gotten out of hand. I stop reading threads because they are no longer valid in relation to the topic. Huge posts with pictures that are not relevant slow down the pages loading and are annoying.

Thanks            cruzsnooze

agree completely - just look at the "limited" to 15 drinks thread ...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, voljeep said:

agree completely - just look at the "limited" to 15 drinks thread ...

Exactly! I call the act of changing the main conversation "being squirreled". So tired of people staying off topic.

As far as this thread I do not see anything wrong with doing a general "Thank you" for those who manage this site without specifications. Thank you!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1