Princess Cay on the Return Leg

guardhouse

I have often wondered why Princess schedules the stop at Princess Cay on the outbound portion (first day out) of their cruises 95% of the time, rather than on the last day or second to the last day of a cruise.  Having been on that island and Half Moon Cay on Holland, it was much nicer for us to get the relaxing final day on the beach.  I guess the same can be said for "easing into" a cruise and having it early.  Thoughts from others?

we would be more apt to get off the ship at PC on the outward portion from PE/FLL , if at all these days 

Maybe Princess does want people to get off the ship at 'their island' while they still have some money not spent at other ports ?

• Like 1

I think I would be more likely to visit PC on the outward portion.  You're excited in the beginning and probably ready to explore.  If it's the last island I visit, I may be more inclined to enjoy the less crowded pools and ship amenities.  Also, I like PC but, for me, it doesn't compare to some of the other islands.  

It all depends on which other ships are scheduled to visit Princess Cays and also what the next island is on the itinerary and the amount of sailing time it takes to reach it. I prefer a full sea day before returning back to Ft Lauderdale. 

We've only sailed the Caribbean once - a 14 day circle Caribbean - and I was annoyed that they didn't include PC at all. I think they may normally include it early because the area is pretty port intensive and people may be tired and burned out at the end of a Caribbean cruise and might tend to skip the stop and stay aboard.

We like PC no matter if it is first or last.

Other than the fact that the water temp is a little colder than the other Caribbean stops, it is a great beach day for those who like beach days - and that is us.

No cost, no transportation issues, no hassles.  Yes, for those who like to tour instead of snorkel and swim, it may not be your ideal stop, but for us - it is the tropical dream.  I guess I do prefer that it is the first stop because, as I mentioned, the water is a littler colder, and I tell myself - it will only get better as the trip progresses south.  More to look forward to.  But if it was on the back end, it would be the last opportunity to beach it - so I would definitely take that as well.

Don

We were on the 14 day circle a couple of years ago.  For me going early allowed me to get the “beach and salt water swimming” I needed going to the Caribbean.  I would have really searched out the water on other stops had I not had this first.  On the two week personally I would have loved a second visit.  The only downside for me was the tender to get there and back to the ship

12 hours ago, MissP22 said:

It all depends on which other ships are scheduled to visit Princess Cays and also what the next island is on the itinerary and the amount of sailing time it takes to reach it. I prefer a full sea day before returning back to Ft Lauderdale. 

I agree with having a sea day prior to disembarkation to finish packing and relaxing prior to arriving in PE.

I'm sure the logistics of other Princess ships being in PC along with the departure time out of PE and run time to PC is better situated than a run to one of the eastern Caribbean islands and having a sea day in between.

Princess exclusive port-of-call, Princess Cays, is in The Bahamas. https://www.princess.com/ports-excursions/princess-cays-bahamas-excursions/ The Bahamian Government announced the requirement of a "health visa" to be completed prior to arrival, including an upload of a negative RT PCR COVID- 19 test. https://travel.gov.bs/international

4 hours ago, Grego said:

I agree with having a sea day prior to disembarkation to finish packing and relaxing prior to arriving in PE.

Agree with this also. Princess Cays is just an overnight to F.L. eliminating any possibility of a sea day. Believe Princess has this correct stopping early in the cruise.