8-Day Legend Panama Canal...03/06/21

chill6x6

Hello!

QUESTION... Does anyone know if this cruise goes thru the new or old canal locks?

Any other tips/hints you'd like to share about this itinerary or ship?

This cruise is at least far enough out it could actually happen! LOL! I'm actually thinking about doing a little planning!

3 hours ago, chill6x6 said:

Hello!

QUESTION... Does anyone know if this cruise goes thru the new or old canal locks?

Any other tips/hints you'd like to share about this itinerary or ship?

This cruise is at least far enough out it could actually happen! LOL! I'm actually thinking about doing a little planning!

3 hours ago, cruizergal70 said:

For Panama Canal, determine if you want a full or partial transit.  That will inform your choice ship and/or cruise line.

Since the Legend is a small ship you most likely will go through the old locks. Cruised on the Legend about 12 years ago. It’s an older ship in the fleet. I’m partial to the smaller ships, I enjoyed the cruise.

I have read that only the mega-size cruise ships travel through the new locks. The Legend doesn't fit that size, so I would assume it will go through the old locks for a partial transit. We did this on a Holland America ship a few years ago and it was a wonderful experience. Enjoy!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

The simple answer is that the Leegend will use the old locks.  Partial or full transit makes no difference..  EM

1 hour ago, Djptcp said:

I have read that only the mega-size cruise ships travel through the new locks. The Legend doesn't fit that size, so I would assume it will go through the old locks for a partial transit. We did this on a Holland America ship a few years ago and it was a wonderful experience. Enjoy!

Thanks for the info! Exactly what I wanted to know.