Cancelling cruise planner - no refund

I cancelled an item in cruise planner on august 24th and received the refund 3 days later.

I cancellend 2 other items on augustus 28th and today, september 9th, still no refund.  I have e-mail with Royal, but no response.

Purchases were done with the same card. 

Anybody else having problems with slow refunds?

I also ran into another problem. Royal didn't cancel my original purchase but issued a manual refund to my creditcard. Now my creditcard company is charging me 40 euro's of currency conversion costs, because there are 2 separate dollar - euro transactions instead of a cancellation. So now I have bought nothing, but am paying 40 euro in costs.

Is this normal way of refunding with Royal?

56 minutes ago, Marga.Anders said:

I cancelled an item in cruise planner on august 24th and received the refund 3 days later.

I cancellend 2 other items on augustus 28th and today, september 9th, still no refund.  I have e-mail with Royal, but no response.

Purchases were done with the same card. 

Anybody else having problems with slow refunds?

I also ran into another problem. Royal didn't cancel my original purchase but issued a manual refund to my creditcard. Now my creditcard company is charging me 40 euro's of currency conversion costs, because there are 2 separate dollar - euro transactions instead of a cancellation. So now I have bought nothing, but am paying 40 euro in costs.

Is this normal way of refunding with Royal?

I canceled Cruise Planner items on May 28th when I did a lift and shift and got 4 separate refunds, the last coming August 21st. Keep track and make sure they all add up. If after 45 days you don't have all of it I would call them, that was the time they told me it was taking to get processed.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, stevea36 said:

All "refunds" are just that, refunds to the original form of payment.  RCI does not cancel the original transaction.

That is one of the disadvantages of booking in USD if you are not from the US.  When you make cruise planner purchases and then cancel and rebook to take advantage of price drops you lose on the currency exchange.  This is a lesson I learned the hard way. 

I cancelled an internet package on 8 May and it was not until my TA stepped in on my behalf that I eventually got it back on 24 August!

I too lost out a bit on the exchange rate with the refund but that's one of the risks you take when you pay with a card in a different currency. Last year, the opposite happened and I won out on a couple of cruise planner refunds, getting more back than I originally paid.

I am still waiting for a refund for 2 shore excursion. I have been waiting for 110 days (may 22nd) .
I have contacted Royal Caribbean many times by phone and they don't seem to care (for example every time I call them they say something different. e.g 2 weeks ... then next time 4 weeks). however, I have contacted them using Facebook chat and they are a lot more helpful so I am hoping I will get my refund soon.