Epic 2-bedroom

CruisingSince1982

I've sailed in 16023 twice, incuding a 13 day trans-atlantic.   We loved it.

It's close to one of the hallway doors near the elevators, it's close to the courtyard and concierge, and it's just down the hall from the Haven Lounge (which is just past 16031).

Edited by tombec1
  • Thanks 1

most of the 2 bedroom suites are identical, so i think it really doesnt matter. my preference, however, is to be on the portside of the ship. i can take pictures of each port as we arrive. by the way the Epic is unquestionably my least favorite ship of allthe ncl ships

1 minute ago, complawyer said:

most of the 2 bedroom suites are identical, so i think it really doesnt matter. my preference, however, is to be on the portside of the ship. i can take pictures of each port as we arrive. by the way the Epic is unquestionably my least favorite ship of allthe ncl ships

Thanks. Been on her 4 times - we love her.

This middle suite (also 17001) is substantially wider than all other Epic 2 Haven suites.  The second bedroom is also a bit larger.

Probably my favorite cabin of all time. IMHO they are like mini owner suites.  The master bedroom looks out into the master bath with picture windows to the sea.  The solarium is like an extra room with its own thermostat.  People know these 2 cabins are larger and they normally sell out right away.

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, david_sobe said:

This middle suite (also 17001) is substantially wider than all other Epic 2 Haven suites.  The second bedroom is also a bit larger.

Probably my favorite cabin of all time. IMHO they are like mini owner suites.  The master bedroom looks out into the master bath with picture windows to the sea.  The solarium is like an extra room with its own thermostat.  People know these 2 cabins are larger and they normally sell out right away.

The solarium is air conditioned? 

28 minutes ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

The solarium is air conditioned? 

18 minutes ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

Also, are there any lighting restrictions in 16001 because it is so far forward? 

That's the video I took of it! So funny! 

Yes, 16001 is my favorite cabin on the Epic... it's the biggest of the 2 Bedrooms. 17001 is similar, but a tiny bit smaller. The solarium is A/C. No lighting restrictions since the cabin is above the bridge, but if it were a deck or two below, there would be. 

Robbie

1 minute ago, romalley99 said:

Yes, 16001 is my favorite cabin on the Epic... it's the biggest of the 2 Bedrooms. 17001 is similar, but a tiny bit smaller. The solarium is A/C. No lighting restrictions since the cabin is above the bridge, but if it were a deck or two below, there would be. 

Robbie

I really don't know what to do now. Does 16001 have the pullman bed from the ceiling in the second bedroom? I will have two adults in there. I never had a solarium before. I'm not so sure we would like that.

Edited by CruisingSince1982

3 minutes ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

I really don't know what to do now. Does 16001 have the pullman bed from the ceiling in the second bedroom? I will have two adults in there. I never had a solarium before. I'm not so sure we would like that.

Yes it has the bed that comes from the ceiling. I much prefer the forward facing view than the side view. There are windows in the class that can be opened if you'd like fresh air. You can also request padded loungers to be put on the balcony, which you can't get on the other balconies. It's quite nice!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, romalley99 said:

Yes it has the bed that comes from the ceiling. I much prefer the forward facing view than the side view. There are windows in the class that can be opened if you'd like fresh air. You can also request padded loungers to be put on the balcony, which you can't get on the other balconies. It's quite nice!

Thank you!

14 hours ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

What's your favorite 2-bedroom suite on the Epic? Prefer Deck 16. Thanks! 

On the Epic, the 2-BRs are not all the same.

We like the forward facing 2-BR. Our most recent was in 17003. We love the spectacular panoramic views from the balcony and bathroom. That being said, it is a solarium balcony. Enclosed with windows that open. Air Conditioned lounging (with a separate thermostat). It is perfect for us. If we want sun, we go up to the Posh Club.

image.png.646939e8e470d1b20232f6efd0dfa7da.png

image.png.2294d9c4a6b2c8dc89a80fecc41d34e0.png

image.png.cbcb3be3899fac15c1265ee254deba28.png

image.png.58f447c4318ed5e2254f68f3bfffe284.png

image.png.ca327ccbdaf8f2f5d387d4ec8cf38cfc.png

Trick or Treat!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, romalley99 said:

Robbie

And you know what is funnier?  I posted your video instead of mine.  Both good videos but yours was a bit nicer so I posted it 🙂

To the other poster that asked....yes the solarium is air conditioned.  Its a fantastic view and it feels like you are cruising on your own private yacht to see all that water coming right at you.

9 hours ago, david_sobe said:

And you know what is funnier?  I posted your video instead of mine.  Both good videos but yours was a bit nicer so I posted it 🙂

To the other poster that asked....yes the solarium is air conditioned.  Its a fantastic view and it feels like you are cruising on your own private yacht to see all that water coming right at you.

That's very kind, thank you 🙂 I likely watched your YouTube video before making mine, so thank YOU for helping me choose this cabin! 

Definitely 16001.  We love having a balcony but I would choose this room every time.  The extra space is great, the view is amazing, and we really like having the solarium.  And since the windows can slide open we didn't feel closed in at all.

Ive been a couple times on the Epic in the Haven.     My advice is to get a room close to the courtyard but......not too close.

The courtyard will be full from sun up to sun down with families since children under 18 can't be on the outdoor sundeck.    So families flock to the courtyard.   Its a pretty small space for the amount of families it attracts and it gets really loud since the space is enclosed, the noise bounces around in there.    Plus, with children, coming and going in the courtyard, running thru that hallway with wet suits, I'd just rather be a bit further from that.     I like being close, but not near the direct path or overlooking.    

People without kids gravitate to the upper sundeck.    Families traveling with children stay mostly in the courtyard.   

On 9/13/2020 at 1:09 PM, Vyhanek said:

Ive been a couple times on the Epic in the Haven.     My advice is to get a room close to the courtyard but......not too close.

The courtyard will be full from sun up to sun down with families since children under 18 can't be on the outdoor sundeck.    So families flock to the courtyard.   Its a pretty small space for the amount of families it attracts and it gets really loud since the space is enclosed, the noise bounces around in there.    Plus, with children, coming and going in the courtyard, running thru that hallway with wet suits, I'd just rather be a bit further from that.     I like being close, but not near the direct path or overlooking.    

People without kids gravitate to the upper sundeck.    Families traveling with children stay mostly in the courtyard.   

That's another concern. Darling little brats running up and down the hall 😁