Royal Carribean Group

Chiliburn

12 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I was going to ask you and @GUT2407for your expert valued assessment of the breakfast menu.

That danish with the custard and fruit wouldn’t hurt you uncle Les.

Are you trying to kill me off Chilli? Danish is made from flour which contains gluten. Fruit and custard ok.

Edited by NSWP

38 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Are you trying to kill me off Chilli? Danish is made from flour which contains gluten. Fruit and custard ok.

51 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Actually doesn’t look to bad, though really not unlike you see most places that serve brekky. I don’t eat breakfast a lot, unless I am on holidays and even then some days just a pastry or cereal, and then every now and then the full on, eggs Benny is my go to, just too much hassle to make it really well at home.

Though on the odd morning I do have breakfast at home my Maxy gets super excited the minute I start preparing because he knows a treat is heading his way.

That’s the suite restaurant on the newer ships.

It does look good,all except the bacon.

So ,eat to much and then get some strength to crawl back to the cabin  Then pick up the phone and call room service. 
Would that be a good plan for the next cruise??

• Haha 1

To me breakfast is the most important meal of the day, never go without it. I alternate between cereal with and couple of slices of toast with peanut butter or marmalade. GF mueseli or GF cornflakes and GF bread. Next day it is a cooked breakfast. When I am away in hotels/motels on the ships it is everyday...you guessed it..

20121432_1498366156869106_6543050952178438338_o.thumb.jpg.940746282123d551630fd03ead8831a5.jpg

Edited by NSWP

6 minutes ago, NSWP said:

To me breakfast is the most important meal of the day, never go without it. I alternate between cereal with and couple of slices of toast with peanut butter or marmalade. GF mueseli or GF cornflakes and GF bread. Next day it is a cooked breakfast. When I am away in hotels/motels on the ships it is everyday...you guessed it..

20121432_1498366156869106_6543050952178438338_o.thumb.jpg.940746282123d551630fd03ead8831a5.jpg

Now that is a big breakfast!  You should make some savoury mince, for a change, to last you until your next visit to Qld.  Just google savoury mince, so you can pick the version you like best.  Easy to make, then easy to reheat (or freeze).

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Now that is a big breakfast!  You should make some savoury mince, for a change, to last you until your next visit to Qld.  Just google savoury mince, so you can pick the version you like best.  Easy to make, then easy to reheat (or freeze).

I make savoury mince, very popular in Qld motels and cafes and there are bigger brekkies about, lubbly jubbly.

666895019_th(2).jpg.bb045c956f6ab27f86077b610c21451e.jpgOIP.jpg.dfd28fd0a87e802b5744a55a9cfc5294.jpg

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

I make savoury mince, very popular in Qld motels and cafes and there are bigger brekkies about, lubbly jubbly.

666895019_th(2).jpg.bb045c956f6ab27f86077b610c21451e.jpgOIP.jpg.dfd28fd0a87e802b5744a55a9cfc5294.jpg

Well done.  It is one of our family's favourite meals to be eaten at any time of year.  I usually buy 1 kilo mince and make hamburgers/rissoles with half and savoury mince with the other half.  Last lot I bought was from Woodford Country Butcher.  Your granddaughter may shop there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Well done.  It is one of our family's favourite meals to be eaten at any time of year.  I usually buy 1 kilo mince and make hamburgers/rissoles with half and savoury mince with the other half.  Last lot I bought was from Woodford Country Butcher.  Your granddaughter may shop there.

Thanks my grandaugher is Aldi shopper, cheaper. But I will let her know re Woodford butchery. Is that Ledgers?

My savoury mince mix: 500gm of minced beef, onion, diced carrots and spud, peas, mixed herbs, worcestershire sauce,  a tomato or two, gravox brown onion gravy, simmer it all for an hour or so. I get about 5 generous  brekkie serves from that,  freeze in portions, lubbly jubbly.

Edited by NSWP

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Thanks my grandaugher is Aldi shopper, cheaper. But I will let her know re Woodford butchery. Is that Ledgers?

My savoury mince mix: 500gm of minced beef, onion, diced carrots and spud, peas, mixed herbs, worcestershire sauce,  a tomato or two, gravox brown onion gravy, simmer it all for an hour or so. I get about 5 generous  brekkie serves from that,  freeze in portions, lubbly jubbly.

yes.  they smoke their own bacon - both eye and streaky - and ham.

Savoury mince recipe looks good.  I very my recipe but usually don't put in potato, tomato, nor gravox brown onion gravy.  Always garlic.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

yes.  they smoke their own bacon - both eye and streaky - and ham.

Savoury mince recipe looks good.  I very my recipe but usually don't put in potato, tomato, nor gravox brown onion gravy.  Always garlic.   

Oh no, not garlic, hate the taste and smell of garlic, no garlic in my house, I even check labels on shopping to detect garlic. So for the bit of liquid content in the savoury mince, just pan juices if no gravy? 

Edited by NSWP

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Oh no, not garlic, hate the taste and smell of garlic, no garlic in my house, I even check labels on shopping to detect garlic. So for the bit of liquid content in the savoury mice, just pan juices if no gravy?  When I was out at Leeton, NSW (Heritage Motor Inn)  a couple of months ago, I had the most delightful savoury mince, made by their chef, I had it 3 mornings. I ordered 3 slices of GF toast with it to soak up the moment, and the gravy.

Edited by NSWP

9 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

heavy handed with worcestershire sauce.

My latest savoury mince was the Australian Women's Weekly version with button mushrooms, stick of celery, can of diced tomatoes, tomato paste, 1/2 cup water/stock/red wine, parsley.  Girls loved it and said it was best version.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

heavy handed with worcestershire sauce.

No, not really, just a teaspoonful. I lie, I actually use Lancashire Relish, a slightly thicker, fruitier sauce than the Worcester, but similar.

878935821_lancashirerelish.jpg.7bf4333beffb9262f8f88b35670f26eb.jpg

14 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

My latest savoury mince was the Australian Women's Weekly version with button mushrooms, stick of celery, can of diced tomatoes, tomato paste, 1/2 cup water/stock/red wine, parsley.  Girls loved it and said it was best version.  

I will have to try that one.

11 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Mum used to make it when we were kids.  Quick, easy and cheap to feed the many mouths.

No idea what went into it, other than mince and onion.

Not had it in decades.

Do a road trip to Qld Adrian, many motels, cafes up there do ye olde Savoury Mince for breakfast. Great. A few motels out Western NSW do it, but a rare find.

OIP.jpg.dfd28fd0a87e802b5744a55a9cfc5294.jpg

Here’s a screenshot from a C&A member on Quantum.

With social distancing the Diamond lounge is GONE !!

Free drinks anytime ,any bar or restaurant ,any time of the day depending on your level.Any drink under the $14 not just the diamond list.You can pay the difference for premium drinks.

Diamond         4 drinks 

Diamond plus 5 drinks 

Pinnacle.         6 drinks .   No access to the suite lounge or Coastal kitchen.

So no coffee machine ,happy hour ,snack or concierge.

image.thumb.jpeg.099e67d87b4653e7f2d22fa15a1eb855.jpeg

Suites still have the suite lounge and the happy hour.

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

Here’s a screenshot from a C&A member on Quantum.

With social distancing the Diamond lounge is GONE !!

Free drinks anytime ,any bar or restaurant ,any time of the day depending on your level.Any drink under the $14 not just the diamond list.You can pay the difference for premium drinks.

Diamond         4 drinks 

Diamond plus 5 drinks 

Pinnacle.         6 drinks .   No access to the suite lounge or Coastal kitchen.

So no coffee machine ,happy hour ,snack or concierge.

image.thumb.jpeg.099e67d87b4653e7f2d22fa15a1eb855.jpeg

Suites still have the suite lounge and the happy hour.

Those numbers, of drinks, 4,5,6. Are they the daily allowances?

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Those numbers, of drinks, 4,5,6. Are they the daily allowances?

Yes ,per day.

Thats pretty good, I will get 5 strong cocktails a day .which should be enough for me.

If I want more I’ll just buy a bucket of beer and put some in the cabin fridge.

Plus don’t forget the couple of bottles of wine you can bring.

Then there’s a couple of half price things such as drinks and BOGO on the specialty restaurants.

All we need is a ship to go on.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I doubt they will be the last to be sold or folded. The companies must be bleeding money, still have to pay for the ships and some other infrastructure plus refunds left right and centre, when cruising returns I think we will see a whole new structure.

46 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I doubt they will be the last to be sold or folded. The companies must be bleeding money, still have to pay for the ships and some other infrastructure plus refunds left right and centre, when cruising returns I think we will see a whole new structure.

I read somewhere the CEO earned $US14m for 2020 .Its a lot of money but he would have a few sleepless nights.

I wouldn’t like the job.

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I read somewhere the CEO earned $US14m for 2020 .Its a lot of money but he would have a few sleepless nights.

I wouldn’t like the job.

At that money I’d take it for a month or two.